Cinematic finishing moves wanted.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lordchaz2k
D-Bee

Cinematic finishing moves wanted.

Unread post by lordchaz2k »

I posted this over at RPGnet, so i figured why not here as well. I was going through one of my Goodman Games modules, and one of the coolest things that i liked was the way to juice up your game by inventing a finishing move for your character. ex {You plant your foot on it's chest, ripped out it's arms and kicked it so hard it bounces off the wall} If you get to pull it off you get an xp bonus. The bonus xp comes if you were able to roll enough damage to deliver the killing blow. The attempt should be made when the opponent is at 10% HP. Sounds a little video gameish, but fun. So...my question will be what kind of finishing move would you create for your Fantasy, Supers, Sci fi, or what have you?
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Re: Cinematic finishing moves wanted.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Closest thing I can think of is my full conversion borg putting his fist below an enemy's chin and extending his arm-mounted vibro-claws through the guy's skull.

However, I'm sure that's something Marvel's Wolverine has probably done before...
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

How about a large caliber projectile/Energy blast aplied to ones target's heart. Reason being is that Heather Maude is an assasin who confirms her kills.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Pin your opponent to the wall with a I-beam and watch them bleed out (This works with Supernatural P.S.)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Slap your palms together with all your might and squish your opponents head like a grape. (again, Supernatural P.S. helps here).
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer

If your have alter physical structure: Ice, go the Mortal Komabt route, freeze your opponent solid and then shatter them apart by throwing an ball of ice at them.

Of course, any Mortal Kombat fatality is applicable here. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Have an opponent beaten into submission to where he cant even move (negative hitpoints, bound, etc.), then shove a grenade in their mouth (maybe duct tape it in their mouth if they still got some fight in em), pull the pin and step back quickly. Or be really evil and tie a string to the pin and pull it from a distance at your convenience.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Take a large meat hook and hook it up under the chin, get a good secure grip on their lower jaw bone, then yank it out of their head.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Shove their head in a vice and turn the crank until the ends meet.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Fold your enemy in half... the wrong way (till the backof their skull touches their heels).
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

One of my more evil creations beat the snot out of a player once (into unconsciousness) and the player woke up duct taped to a chair, his mouth duct taped as well. The evil guy made a speech about his vile plans for the future and ended it with something like “It’s a shame you won’t live to see it”.

He then took a piece of duct tape and covered the PC’s nose and laughed manically as the PC suffocated to death.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

BTW, I felt I should add a note here that says these are pretty evil and vicious deaths I'm preaching here... unless your playing evil characters in your game I dont think experience bonuses wont come into effect.

Most of these deaths are things my villains have pulledl on the players, I rarely have an evil player in my party.

(Final Note: DO NOT try any of these at home. I dont condone violence in your real world... save it for the game.)
Last edited by mrloucifer on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Cover the opponent in gasoline, oil, kerosense or whatever flammable liquids you have on hand or in reach, light a match and flick it at em.

For an extra touch say something like "Are you of Roman heritage by chance? Because you light up like a candle."
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Spray a can of "foam Sealant" in their mouth... then step back and watch them choke to death as the foam blocks their air passage and foam spews out their nose and mouth.
–H.P. Lovecraft

lordchaz2k
D-Bee

Unread post by lordchaz2k »

Hmm. Sounds to me like you have a bit of experience in this field sir. Have you ever played those modules i mentioned before, or does it just come natural for El Diablo? :-D By the way these are awesome finishing moves you came up with.
mrloucifer

I assure you none of these are personal experiences (or are they? :twisted: ) Nor Have I ever played the modules mentioned.

I tend to play some really vile villains in my games at times as the majority of them are horror based (BTS) and I believe that the heroes (PC's) in any game scenario can only be as good as the villains are evil. So when I create and unleash a really cruel and evil being upon the players, they are much more attuned to the threat their lives are in.

Of course none of the players enjoy dying in this fashion (i had a player once walk out after I offed a favorite PC of his) but this helps increase the horror and severity of the situation for the players. It also makes it a lot easier for them to want to do something about someone so horrible.

I will also add a note here that if you want to encourage this behavior in your players, really watch who has what alignment and remember that this is a two way street, if the players are becoming as evil as the fiends they are killing, they will be seen as evil to everyone. This means the police, friends of the villains they brutally murdered and so will want them brought to justice, and in a cruel twist the evils in the world would be interested in recruiting their services!
Last edited by mrloucifer on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Oh, one more thing... DO NOT have your villains perform these cruel murders all the time as it will desensitize the players to it and loses its effect.
–H.P. Lovecraft

wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

The one I like is put legs around someones neck & twist. Breaking ones neck.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
mrloucifer

Never underestimate the classic move of throwing your opponent off of a high location, like the roof of a tall building, a cliff, bridge, airplane, etc. It may seem cliche, but that's because it never fails. Watching someone claw and grasp hopelessly in the air while screaming like a girl can be a gratifying experience for many unsavory characters.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

If your fighting happens to take place in a factory of some sort, this is a cornucopia of finishing moves waiting to happen!

Powers saws, drills, presses, welding tools, rivet guns, nail guns, electrical hazards, corrosive acids, flammable materials and more… they are usually always within arms reach of the player during combat.

P.S. Working in a factory years ago I know how dangerous they can be. I’ve seen people lose fingers, take 3rd degree burns, become blinded in one eyes due to a welding accident and more. I once watched two men take up welding torches and threaten to burn the other alive with them once! Fortunately they both backed down before a fight could break out (I think the argument was about one of them stealing the other’s woman) because I imagine that would have gotten ugly, especially since no one would have dared gotten in between them.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Coalition Special Forces...vs...some random chump...

CA SF Dodges a poorly thrown punch, allows the momentum to bring the RC closer for a rolling body throw. The throw carries both of them to the ground and in the mist of the roll itself, the SF launches an activated vibro-knife straight up. They pause with the SF kneeling over the RC (who is back-first on the ground) and looking into his eyes quipping..."don't blink"...just before moving his head away and the vibro-knife falling right through the skull of the grounded RC.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

APS: Electricity, or Energy Expulsion: Electricity

Pick them up and turn the juice up on high, and watch 'em do a funny dance until they fry.

Fighter 1 is squared off against CS Grunt 1, who's wearing his body armor. Grunt throws a skillful punch but the fighter sidesteps and hooks his arm around the grunt's neck and goes for the body flip/throw. As the Grunt is twisting through the air, Fighter doesn't let go of the neck, and instead twists the opposite direction, Grunt still airborne... snapping his neck savagely, the armor offering no protection.

I once had a player with a Dog Boy using supernatural strength rip off the helmet of power armor pilot and then bit his head, popping it like a grape.

Another fun one is to hit someone in the larynx, collapsing the windpipe, and watching them suffocate.

Stepping or stomping on the back of someone's neck is usually a good one.

If you have a character that is capable or trained for it (like with Tae Kwon Do) a Tornado Kick or even a 540* kick are excellent finishers. The moves are a study in momentum and organized chaos designed to hit with almost a thousand pounds of force.

Reach up, jam fingers in to either side of windpipe as far as you can go, close fingers, and pull as hard as you can. Most of the time you'll rip out the throat, or damage it beyond usage.

Reverse turning kick from a real low angle, catching across the neck just behind the jaw. The strike lifts the enemy off their feet, crushes their jaw bones, and snaps the neck, usually backwards horrifically, and also creates a massive concussion, able to also result in instant death.

Finishers with Supernatural Strength:
Toss up in air, kick yourself a field-goal, snapping the spine.
Wrap one arm around enemy neck from behind, jam fingertips into lower back around tailbone. Rip out spine, including skull.
Straight punch through someone's chest or rip out their heart.
Spear-hand strike just below ribcage, yank hand up, splitting person in half rather gruesomely.
Finger jab through liver, so they die real slow.
Double knife-hand strike down mid shoulders, ripping off arms brutally, followed with a front-kick to the chest, sending person flying into wall, and possibly through it.

These are just a few off the top of my head. Props to Mr. Lucifer for some of his horrific methods, some of which I've also thought about.

Horrific ways to kill someone:
Tied to metal chair, facing away from pool. Kick them off into the deep end of the pool. Yay for fun with drowning

Another fun one is to clamp your hand over someone's mouth and pinch their nose shut. Little more personal than the duct-tape one.

For something even more personal, especially interesting if male vs female or vice versa, try kissing the person to be killed, sealing their mouth lip to lip, and holding the victim's nose closed, sucking what little breath they had out of their lungs, while your own nose is free to breathe still. Particularly horrific if the said killer is a loved one, or is wearing the image or guise of a loved one.

Cut person's chest open, without killing them immediately and reach in, taking their heart in your hands. Proceed with open heart massage, but they're still awake, with no anesthesia. The great thing about this one is you can inflict great pain, panic, horror, as well as keep the person conscious and use their heart rate to control their body to some extent. When you're done just sever the Aorta and pump all the blood out of their body, or just squeeze their heart as tight as you can until they expire.

Put someone in a wood chipper, while still alive.

Start an autopsy while the person is still alive. Would be a horrible way to die.

Trying to come up with other horrifying deaths, but I think I'm running out of steam for now.

Edit: I lied. See open heart massage, but instead of massaging, pinch off the airway. Not choking, but cant breathe. Every once in a while let them get a breath. The anticipation of death might be worse than death itself.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I don't maintain any official rules for them, since I don't care to, but both I and my players are fond of doing them. The most famous that has yet to be topped, was my brothers character (A Gromek), as they where fighting a very young dragon. Early in the fight, he had managed to get a thrust into its stomach with a Xeistic Spear (the kind with the four hooks pulling back), from a lucky crit. As the fight went on and the party started to get a bit beat up, the Dragon starts to pull back, fearing a bit for his safety at this point, planning to breath full tilt into the cave they where in (his lair). The Gromek grabs a discarded C-14 Firebreather, leaps from the ledge weapon first, nailing the barrel into the aforementioned wound, pulling off a high explosive grenade inside the chest. I didn't even bother deciding bonus damage for explosive in ones chest, I just crossed off the Dragon.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744

Return to “G.M.s Forum”