board names on our name tags.

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

for those of us on here on the boards, do you think PB sould include board names on our name tags aswell?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:30 am

yeah they should, i'm tired of doing it every year.
81%
no, keep it the way it is.
19%

Total votes: 21

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

board names on our name tags.

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

well i've been to both OHs so far and have loved both, but i was wondering if me and my lady have been the only ones thinking about this. for most of us when we get together at the OH we know each other by sight, but some don't, we only know each other by our board names, so do you guys think it's a good idea to include our board names on our name tags this year? i know from the last two events, 99% of the people i seen wrote their board names on their tags, hell that's how i met alot of people at the first OH.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yes. I think it would be easy to do, and it would encourage people who buy tickets to sign up for the forums, if they haven't already.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Sanford wrote:I clicked "no" because there was no "make it optional" option.

Some of us just use our real names here on the boards. I'm not too keen on wearing a name tag that reads "Sanford / Sanford."

Besides, it would make more work for the organizers.

...just my two cents...

naw, it wouldn't make more work for them if they just added a spot when you order your ticket for your board name. instead of printing one name it would print two. and it would save on people having to write it in themselves ... again.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

My first year as a guest, they forgot my name tag, so Wayne gave me a blank tag and I wrote in my name. 2nd year they printed one for me and I believe it read: Jeff "NMI" Ruiz.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The reg form is so big that you can add in your screen name under your reg name.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I'm not sure how I should vote....my board name might confuse people on my name tag....
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Re: board names on our name tags.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Everyone here tends to call me by my real name instead of my screen name thanks to the show. And here's a hint, I'm the loud mouth with the video camera, tri-pod and Nikon D50.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

I'll be writing mine though I can honestly say I only know 2 other people (from my gaming group) on the forums. But I'll be the one in the flashy button ups and Aviators

~oh and I'm looking forward to meeting all sorts of new faces see ya April 30th :)
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

i should totally put my old board name on my tag.....i new one would be confusing
Buck the System

Return to “Palladium Open House”