Archie

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Balabanto
Champion

Re: Archie

Unread post by Balabanto »

I'm actually not using Archie all that actively right now. I have other issues, like Silvereno. (Whoever came up with this should be spanked. One True Atlantean and Silvereno explodes in violence)

There's The Coalition versus the True Federation with the PC's stuck in the middle game.

And I run a game which is currently a pickup game in that pirate city from Coalition Navy that's pretty fun. (Though the PC's are kinda screwed.)
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

Tex-Am already has an ARCHIE system.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Chad wrote:Tex-Am already has an ARCHIE system.

Reference?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

Mark Hall wrote:Reference?

Sure.
Just give 'em my phone #, I'll vouch for ya.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Chad wrote:

Sure.

Ok, I laughed. I meant (and I assume you knew this), "What page number is there being an Archie at Tex-Am mentioned?"
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

Rifts Lone Star
World Book 13
Pg. 177
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Chad wrote:Rifts Lone Star
World Book 13
Pg. 177

That is a BLANK page/inside Back cover page... :x
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

World Book 13
Pg. 177

LOL!
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Archie can go anywhere he wants anyway. He can download himself into ANY Robot Body.

Actually, it makes me like the Republicans.

There's a problem with the Republicans though. Here it is.

Their suits of armor are too distinctive. It's too easy to be recognized as a Golden Eagle pilot, etc. I would LOVE to play a Golden Eagle pilot at some point, but the problem, quite frankly, is that everyone knows who you are and you're kind of screwed. And the moment that the Coalition sees your Golden Eagle, you're hosed, and they will chase you forever to get a hold of it.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

There seems to be some grand misunderstandings and exagerations as to what Archie can do, and of other things.

Rogue_Scientist wrote:I'm just annoyed that he is, apparently, the only machine in the megaverse who's developed defenses against telemechanics. Despite the fact that a) there are more advanced societies otu there and b) there are a few machines like Archie running around.

Writers fiat got a little heavy there, imo.

~RS

Archie the only machine with defense against telemechanics?
Technically, false.

Spoiler:
Technically, he's not just a machine. He is a 'neural intelligence', not a simple artificial intelligence. He actually has stats/abilities that normally only apply to living things. He can apparently also survive/function without power, while most other machines cease to work until the power is turned on again.

Hagan Lonovich wrote:archie get's downloaded to the rifts lonestar complex's main system..... thats what I have been working on

Balabanto wrote:Archie can go anywhere he wants anyway. He can download himself into ANY Robot Body.

Archie can download himself anywhere he wants?
Technically, no.
I don't recall him being able to actually download himself. Taking control of just about anything and experience the world through it is another matter.

Spoiler:
A.R.C.H.I.E. 3 is an artificially created 'neural intelligence', which basically equates to him being a brain in a box, not some uber-program running in a super computer. He is likely unable to be copied or transferred in any way beyond literally moving and connecting his 'brain box' to another 'body', since there likely are no other systems on the planet that would even be 'compatible' with his 'mind'. Now, if he found someplace else that did have systems compatible with an A.R.C.H.I.E system, it could be possible... but the main problem is, the only compatible system would be another A.R.C.H.I.E. system... one is missing, one I don't know whatever happened to it, and the other one is on the Moon and lacks the same capacity as Archie 3 since it has been changed multiple times since the Rifts came.

Kenpachi wrote:*snip*
after CS integrates the system to a suficiant level and when the time is right archie could "flip a switch" using his satelites and bam, a huge portion of the CS soldiers are instantly under his total control! It works perfect because of the satelites archie has.

Archie can use his satellites for stuff?

Um...
Archie has no satellites...
He has access to one satellite, which he thinks is just an old cyberworks communications satellite. He only uses it as a communications satellite.
The satellite is actually someone else's sat (connected to cyberworks), that was using/accepting old cyberworks codes.
Archie was looking for an old cyberworks comm sat when he 'found', and the other sat responded to his codes, so he figured he had found said old sat, and had no idea it was not an old comm sat.
The real controller of the sat can cut off his access at any time.

Spoiler:
The satellite is a new Cyberworks Aerospace Network satellite, with A.R.C.H.I.E. 7 being in control of things. That is why the satellite responded to Archie 3's old cyberworks codes. Since everyone in orbit considered everyone else on the ground was considered dead, I guess the CAN never bothered to void old codes, since for all intents and purposes, anything with access to the old codes was apparently long since dead/destroyed. Due to the Earth being 'quarantined' by the space colonies, it is Archie 7's intent to hide its existence and the existence of the space colonies, and so has not tried to contact Archie 3. Due to the satellite's nature in gathering intelligence data, Archie 3 is basically having every last one of his messages being 'intercepted' by the very satellite he is using to relay messages. This gives Archie 7 another good reason to keep up the ruse rather than simply cutting off Archie 3, since Archie 3 is unknowingly sending all sorts of useful info for Archie 7 and others to analyze.

Kenpachi wrote:Then you could have archie maybe attack free quebec with his own personal titan bots and maybe hagan's bots while taking out the rest of the coalition with a combined force of CS SOP soldiers and a good chunk of the CS military infrastructure would also fall into the hands of archie once flipping the SOP switch too, he could easily launch a surprise attack that could give the CS a run for their money, and with free quebec tied up by archies titan bots up north they might succeed.

14,000 GBs and the FQ navy say that might be a problem. The war with FQ didn't even get serious. If the CS, even with a lot of Titan bots, attack FQ full force, all hell would break loose, and FQ would fight serious for a change. It could also shatter relations between the CS and NGR, and there is no telling what other powers might think about the CS suddenly attacking FQ after Prosek granted them their independence.

There is also...
Spoiler:
the fact that Archie 7, while monitoring all the stuff Achie 3 relays through the CAN sat, might decide to command the CAN sat to not even send the signal when the time came, or even cut of Archie 3's access to the CAN sat in general.

Headphones wrote:Here's a interesting question. Let's say somehow, Archie learns of Phase World. Well, due to the Naruni, he'd probably figure out that it exists. Lets' say he sends his "agent" over to Phase world, to buy

1. Information-I'm sure there are plenty of libraries in Phase World with enough data for him to sink his teeth into, giving him new strategies on how to beat Atlantis and The Spluggies, but not only that, how to help himself evolve a few notches

2. Technology-With the right technology, he can upgrade his robot armies, and maybe even have no reason to keep Hagan around!

3. Mercs-Why wouldn't Archie seek to hire the best mercanaries Phase World would have to offer?
*snip*

1; Archie is looking to rule the planet, among other things. I doubt he would want to know much more beyond what is needed to deal with the Splugorth... Besides, where the heck would he get the 'money' needed to buy all the info?

2: He keeps Hagan around for ideas/creativity and for company, not simply for getting tech.
Again, money is a factor.

3: Um... no... Splynn has three, count them, three entire worlds... convincing Splynn to leave is one thing due to Earth no longer being a profit is one thing, trying to bring about a force large enough to simply force him from Atlantis... that is probably going to backfire in so many ways it isn't funny...

As for the vacation thing... I don't know if Archie even knows 'what' he really is (or where his 'core' is at), which could make things tricky for him to leave his facility.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Mark Hall wrote:
Chad wrote:

Sure.

Ok, I laughed. I meant (and I assume you knew this), "What page number is there being an Archie at Tex-Am mentioned?"

:lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

TechnoGothic wrote:
World Book 13
Pg. 177

That is a BLANK page/inside Back cover page... :x

Double :lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D

Return to “Rifts®”