CS Navy post tolkeen.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Re: CS Navy post tolkeen.

Unread post by gaby »

it,s only ther Fleet the CS used against Free Quebec.
I think they still have other ships.
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

I don't have the Aftermath book but why would the CS care about increase in pirate activity since it is mostly Quebec's problem? The CS never had use of a navy until Free Quebec joined the CS.

Also, I have to check the Lone Star book but don't they have a significant sized navy down in the Gulf of Mexico?

Was the Splurgoth outpost destroyed after being discovered by both Free Quebec and the CS?
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

oni no won wrote:I don't have the Aftermath book but why would the CS care about increase in pirate activity since it is mostly Quebec's problem? The CS never had use of a navy until Free Quebec joined the CS.

Also, I have to check the Lone Star book but don't they have a significant sized navy down in the Gulf of Mexico?

Was the Splurgoth outpost destroyed after being discovered by both Free Quebec and the CS?

Well, the great lakes are probably the easiest way to ship things between the other CS states and Iron Heart.

The Gulf of Mexico ships would be part of hte undamaged Atlantic fleet, not the largely-destroyed Great Lakes fleet.

Do you mean the Splugorth outpost on Newfoundland? If so, no - it's still there.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'd have to say those Sea King's and James Bay's are actually located in Lone Star, otherwise the 2nd Fleet carrier's would never out out to sea.

Besides, wouldn't the smaller patrol boats, due to their number's represent the 2/3rds of the CSN?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

This may help as well -

Pg 128 of the Free Quebec World Book shows what equipment the FQ Navy has in terms of ships. Looking it over it says that the Shark, Defiance, Joseph Prosek, Wasp class ships are not available to the FQN.

Well wait, typical Palladium, it also says under 'Warships" the Wasps are available. Along with the Sea King, James Bay and Revenge class ships.

Also I noted on pg 126 just how the FQN apparently took out the CSN. Perhaps there could be some salvage out there? (Might make for some interesting adventure!)

And here is a thought - Aftermath says that 50% to 75% of the Great Lakes Fleet was taken out, but is that just boats and ships, or does that also inlcude power armor, helo's, jet ski's and all the other gadgets and what nots that compose a fleet?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Well it could be only ships, but Free Quebec does mention this as well -

Pg 126 World Book 22
In the first six months of occupation and combat, the CS Navy will lose 1d4x10 plus 25% of its Naval ships, power armor and supplies at the hands of the Quebec Navy, setting it back years!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:This may help as well -

Pg 128 of the Free Quebec World Book shows what equipment the FQ Navy has in terms of ships. Looking it over it says that the Shark, Defiance, Joseph Prosek, Wasp class ships are not available to the FQN.

Well wait, typical Palladium, it also says under 'Warships" the Wasps are available. Along with the Sea King, James Bay and Revenge class ships.

Also I noted on pg 126 just how the FQN apparently took out the CSN. Perhaps there could be some salvage out there? (Might make for some interesting adventure!)

And here is a thought - Aftermath says that 50% to 75% of the Great Lakes Fleet was taken out, but is that just boats and ships, or does that also inlcude power armor, helo's, jet ski's and all the other gadgets and what nots that compose a fleet?

I would say yes...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

whipped4073 wrote:
I still wonder, though, what happened to the CVN-82 [Free] Quebec. It's not listed as being ported with the 2nd Fleet at Lone Star, the description for the CSN Halifax base (the planned homeport for the Quebec) says that its conversion to 1st Fleet HQ is on hold pending resolution of the war with Free Quebec, & the old 1st Fleet HQ (which is now the FQN HQ) didn't have a large enough dock space for it.

I'm thinking that the Quebec is at Halifax. It says it is "defended by a Aircraft Carrier and several large ships from the 2nd Fleet." Since the other carriers are mentioned it pretty much has to be there I'd guess.

Return to “Rifts®”