Warlock RCCs

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I had thought along the same line you had. I think your adjustments actually bring them back into balance with the system again.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I know. My Demigod had a 30. And he was a Leyline Walker. Of course his father was Odin. So his name had to be Seigfrid.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I don't have that book handy here at work. It's across town at my apartment thru a snowstorm. Love lake effect snow storms.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I have the conversion book #1 revised. Yes. I'll check after I get out of work after stopping at my friends shop on the way home I'll look for Gadrin. I still have the original conversion book #1.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'd be interested in seeing what you have when you are ready to post it.

HH....FIE
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

whipped4073 wrote:I've also been working on a house rule where, even if the PS is the same, a significantly taller race (i.e. more than 6-8ft tall) will do more damage & carry/lift more than the human-sized character with Supernatural PS.

Kind of along the lines that, if a robot vehicle has P.S. 30 but is twice as tall as a SAMAS suit, it should be able to carry/lift more than the SAMAS... and correspondingly would do more damage on a punch as well.

Height doesn't make someone stronger. And along the same lines, a taller suit doesn't make it stronger either.
The Phoenix is Coming!
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Vinny wrote:
whipped4073 wrote:Kind of along the lines that, if a robot vehicle has P.S. 30 but is twice as tall as a SAMAS suit, it should be able to carry/lift more than the SAMAS... and correspondingly would do more damage on a punch as well.

Height doesn't make someone stronger. And along the same lines, a taller suit doesn't make it stronger either.

Whipped has a point here.

I mean giant robots supposed to have human-like mobility,
for example many of them are able to perform jump kicks.

Elephants are not.

And that is because they have a lower "musclepower/mass" ratio
(and a _relatively_ weaker frame) than humans.

Giant robots however... Well it is reasonable to assume that they
can dead lift their own weight to be able to jump. Translate this
into PS.

Anyone want his butt kicked by a Battleram?

Just my two cents, but I really liked/agreed the scenes in
the Chilson's Treacherous Awakenings, where brodkill were
squeezed out like a lemon by an UAR-1.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'd like my giant robot to be able to execute similar maneuvers to the Gundam (RX-78 GP01) was able to execute in "Stardust Memories". :D Of course that would be a perfect world!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I agree about the Titan. I'm sorry about last night, I got busy with household work. Remind me tonight. I'll find out. I'll email mytself to look for you Gadrin.

HH....FIE
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Perhaps you could look at some robots being designed with better hydraulics for lifting. Smaller robots have a lower center of gravity and would probably topple over less then taller ones picking up heavy objects.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Aramanthus
Monk

That could be. I'd still like to see what they have. It might be worth opening another thread with that topic for it specifically. To get everyone's ideas on it.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Titan PS 4D6+6
Cyclops PS 5D6+2
Rahu Men PS 5D6

Those are their respective PSs
And these are from the Palladium Books Conversion book #1 revised.
No change from the original book.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I've always thought those ones were way underrated too. I'll try yours and see what it looks like. They look interesting.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”