Question regarding stats

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

OrionPrime
D-Bee

Post by OrionPrime »

I think the stats for mechs and ships shoukld be baised on the stats on robotech .com, so they are accurate to the series.... and we dont end up with alpha fighter without thier nose lasers.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Post by glitterboy2098 »

until we have the new book, use the old RPG stats.

however, i'd look at any more recent harmony gold source for things like size, see what has changed from the old RPG.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Question regarding stats

Post by Colonel Wolfe »

whipped4073 wrote:The question is... do I work off of the original RPG stats? Do I use the stats from Robotech.com? Do I mix the two together? And what way will a) cause the least problem on these boards, & b) have people be the least upset in general?

Breaking away from the old RPG in any way seams to make a percentage of the posters around here quite upset. many older threads the mear mention of Robotech.com gave replies such as "if you want to use their crap, dont bother posting here"
Today its a bit diffrent, but many still Cling to the out-dated RPG out of habbit.

Do what you want.
The new RPG will be basd off Robotech.com
the Revised books will be based off Robotech.com
if I felt like contributeing to this forum in a bigger way I'd use the stats @ Robotech.com
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Post by glitterboy2098 »

the main issue with using Robotech.com is that those statisitics do not include gameplay information. just things like size, mass, and fluff. so to make playable RPG items, you have to get gameplay stats, which at the moment are only found in the old RPG.

in addition, robotech.com's guide is incomplete. many ships, mecha, and vehicles have never been posted to the site.

i think whipped4073's 2 step process is proably best until we get the new RPG.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Post by Comrade Corsarius »

I agree with Whipped as well. It's a good idea for a simple compromise, until we get new 'official' stats.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Aramanthus
Monk

Post by Aramanthus »

Looks pretty good. Just one thing make sure to hit that little tab before to post to get rid of smileys when you are putting these post like this. Or else when you have any 8s they be messed up as a smiley. It happened to me several times.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Post by Aramanthus »

I think it looks fine. It fits in Robotech just right.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Post by Aramanthus »

Can I get a butcher's dozen please!

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”