Wallpapers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Wallpapers

Unread post by LostOne »

Does Palladium have any posted wallpapers anywhere? If not, do they have a problem with people posting them? I'd love to have a wallpaper based off the coverart of Rifter 18.

I figured I'd ask, because unless Palladium posts this type of thing, I'm guessing it would be a copyright issue.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

That would be cool, They could even get artists to make a few.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Though they do not have wallpapers available, (but there are some from the Promise of Power Rifts game for the N-Gage), Palladium is VERY protective over their properties, especially their art.

So if you make a Rifts wallpaper for yourself, they would be quite unhappy with you if you posted it on the internet in any capacity.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Dead Boy wrote:Though they do not have wallpapers available, (but there are some from the Promise of Power Rifts game for the N-Gage), Palladium is VERY protective over their properties, especially their art.

So if you make a Rifts wallpaper for yourself, they would be quite unhappy with you if you posted it on the internet in any capacity.

that's a shame. I can see some real good ones coming out House Pallidium.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Dead Boy wrote:Though they do not have wallpapers available, (but there are some from the Promise of Power Rifts game for the N-Gage), Palladium is VERY protective over their properties, especially their art.

That is a shame. As long as it is posted with a "this artwork is copyrighted by Palladium" with a link to all their other copyright stuff, it shouldn't be a problem. Most fans will take something off their site if the copyright owner asks them to.

Reason it would be better if Palladium did it is because they'd be able to produce a higher resolution image from the original and offer several different sizes for different size monitors, rather than fans having to find a small image from an artist website and making a pixelated version for themselves.

It would even help promote the company, a student/employee has the wallpaper on their computer at school/work, someone asks about it and a new potential fan is made.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

I'm really not sure what Palladium's official stance on this. I know that they have mentioned that this is a plan to add on their website.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Vinny wrote:I'm really not sure what Palladium's official stance on this. I know that they have mentioned that this is a plan to add on their website.

They'll do it in their own sweet time, but till them it's a no-no.

Go ahead and make them for yourself, but just don't upload them onto the net. Like I said, Palladium is very protective of their intellectual properties. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they sued the makers of that crap series on Sci-Fi, Flash Gordon, because they use the term "Rifts" for the dimensional portals to Mongo.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Dead Boy wrote:They'll do it in their own sweet time, but till them it's a no-no.

Heh, what else is new? :rolleyes:
Seriously, Id rather have 10 SUPER RPG books rather then 100 sub-standard ones.

Dead Boy wrote:Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they sued the makers of that crap series on Sci-Fi, Flash Gordon, because they use the term "Rifts" for the dimensional portals to Mongo.

I saw an episode last a few nights ago... Don't worry, it won't be around much longer to offend thee. :)
Maybe if there was a Flash Gordon RPG (if there isn't already) that used the term "rifts" to refer to a dimensional gateway...
Then again I can see KS, Benevolent as always, just suing to stop them from using the term, rather then punitively.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Rifts®”