*Sigh* no '08 Open House

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Apparently the folks over at the NEXUS Point are planning their own shindig.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Did I miss a press release or murmur? When did OH 08 get officially canned?

Jason Richards idea of converging on GenCon is probably the second best idea - especially if we can get enough GMs together to host an entire Palladium room.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Spinachcat wrote:Did I miss a press release or murmur? When did OH 08 get officially canned?

Jason Richards idea of converging on GenCon is probably the second best idea - especially if we can get enough GMs together to host an entire Palladium room.

It was in the podcast.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Spinachcat wrote:Jason Richards idea of converging on GenCon is probably the second best idea - especially if we can get enough GMs together to host an entire Palladium room.

The only reason I've missed GenCon the past two years is because I've spent my free time and money going to the Open House.

So yeah, if there's no Open House then I'll probably be at GenCon.

Maybe I'll even run something.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

We could just all show up at the Palladium Warehouse en masse and help pack/move/unpack.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

WOO! I'm off the hook for beer! :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Vinny wrote:Apparently the folks over at the NEXUS Point are planning their own shindig.

Who is planning it and why am i not invited?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

rat_bastard wrote:WOO! I'm off the hook for beer! :P
no you aint. remember where you got some missing rifters from!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I can't buy you guys beer if I can't see you.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

rat_bastard wrote:I can't buy you guys beer if I can't see you.
send me a money order for 50$ and I will buy it myself.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

when is gen con
Buck the System
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

http://www.gencon.com/

Gen Con Indy is August 14-17.

~ Josh
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

thanks
Buck the System
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

You're welcome.

~ Josh
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

wow your fast
Buck the System
Josh Sinsapaugh

Coincidence. I just happened to sign back on after you posted.

~ Josh
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The (clears throat Ahem) Delight full Ramada you mean. (chough cough)
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Rae --*DLDC's girl* wrote:was it a ramada? Can't remember. It was fantastic. You could totally get high off the second-hand weed smoke wafting in the hallways last year.

Yes i forgot about that "perk"
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Ninjabunny wrote:*Begins to whistle* :P
perhaps that is why you fell on your head?
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Rae --*DLDC's girl* wrote:was it a ramada? Can't remember. It was fantastic. You could totally get high off the second-hand weed smoke wafting in the hallways last year.

Yer Welcome! :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well I'm glad I live nearby and didn't have to stay at a hotel. I'm allergic to that, and I'd have been likely to call the police so I could breathe.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

DANG!!!!!!!!!!! This was going to be my first year going. :cry: So what is the verdict, is everyone going to Gencon or are we invading Palladium and helping them move and hoping to get some game time in between the free slave labor? And would KS go for that? Maybe do a Palladium moving weekend instead of open house with payment of a grab bag and entry or honorable mention in the "Heroes of the Megaverse" book.

HEY KEVIN LOOK HERE!!! :D

Great idea for fun, cheap labor and movers you can be sure will protect mY PrEcIoUs... I mean your inventory. We may end up using an excessive amount of packing material though " :shock: what do you mean we can fit 30 books in that box? :x If you do that they won't be properly protected! :-D How can we possibly put more than one in there and still fit the double mylar covers, the bubble wrap, the expanding foam and the packing peanuts in there? 8) "
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Palladium Open House”