Time To Sound off!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Bob the Deslolate one playing a Promethean space pirate, yargh.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Er.. this being the biggest gaming even t I've ever been to... TrintyCon was really small... and UberCon Great Lakes.. I'm not sure if it counts...

Um... what am I taking home?

A fair wad of cash... ^^ not bad for the Noobie with all of what.. 8 drawings done for Palladium? Apparently some of you guys like my stuff... O.O

Oh, and a few more minis to paint. The #1 comment about the Rifts minis seems to be "I don't have time to paint them." Might be a cottage industry there...

Wishing that I could have eaten some of those baked goods, but I'm on my month of 'sworn off sweets' until the end of next weekend.

And I'm definitely taking home a lack of sleep. Why am I this tired from an event 20 minutes away from my comfy bed at home?
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Greyaxe wrote:Bob the Deslolate one playing a Promethean space pirate, yargh.

Yeah. I have to second that one.

"We'll shiver the hell outta their timbers! Yarrrrr!"
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

The great people and great gaming. I've picked up ideas for GMing my own games. In fact, if there's an OH next year (oh please, please) I'd like to try running a game. More books added, favorite book signed (thank you, Kevin) and wonderful memories, even if I can't remember specific quotations.

Thank you, Palladium.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:Bob the Deslolate one playing a Promethean space pirate, yargh.

Yeah. I have to second that one.

"We'll shiver the hell outta their timbers! Yarrrrr!"

LOL, good times.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Greyaxe wrote:LOL, good times.
Fun stuff indeed, and the final flight of that game was crazy nuts (in a good way). :D
Great way to go. :eek:+:nuke: :nuke:=:angel:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'll remember the ending of Kevin's PF game #2 Saturday night.

We're fighting the final big boss guy, who is a samhain/scarecrow type thing - big guy with a flaming pumpkin for a head. Spinachcat is sitting next to me, playing a goblin cobbler who has polymorphed himself in to a rat for the time being, to avoid being a target. The bad guy has been hit a couple times, and he asks if there are any holes or gaps in the pumpkin head. When told that there are a couple holes, he asks if he can scurry up and crawl in one.

"Well, you'd take some damage 'cause its on fire, but you could fit" Kevin replied.

"I don't care, it's worth it!" says Spinachcat

Kevin: "Ok... you crawl in"

Spinachcat: "I revert to my normal size."

Pause. Gasp from everybody within hearing. "WOOOOAAAAH!"

Instant, albeit messy, kill.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Armorlord wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:LOL, good times.
Fun stuff indeed, and the final flight of that game was crazy nuts (in a good way). :D
Great way to go. :eek:+:nuke: :nuke:=:angel:

I can still feel the 3900 M.D. :lol:
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

My fondest memory is probably when I was admiring myself in the mirror, at the hotel.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

:P

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:My fondest memory is probably when I was admiring myself in the mirror, at the hotel.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

~ Josh

no you are not kidding.
Watching you rip on Taylor White for four straight hours was one of my high points...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Meeting KC, Seraphim and others was the big highlight for me.

Others include playing After the Bomb with Erick Wujcik running. even better was the fact that I managing to impress him by being the first person he's GMd for who made a PC with the Psionic power Cell reader.

I also quite enjoyed playing Jason Richard's Chaos Earth game, and getting killed more times then the rest of the group combined.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Another high point for me was getting into Jason Marker's (Gideon's) car...

...and promptly spilling Coca Cola all over a print that Bradshaw gave him.

Yeah, that actually happened.

I think that next year, instead of signing autographs, that I will just spill soda on people's books.

~ Josh
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I spent a half hour or an hour listening to Julius tell stories about the
Defilers. :lol: Man someone needs to get a tape recorder or write
this stuff down. I've been playing RPGs for 24 years and I've never
laughed so much. The adventures these guys went on and the outcomes
are indeed stuffs of legend. Nothing I've ever been associated with
compares. If you ever get a chance to hear this stuff, you must take it. :ok:
Josh Sinsapaugh

CommonDialog wrote:I think I'll never forget learning how great Taylor White is. And coming from the source (Taylor) I'm pretty sure the information is accurate.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was too great.

~ Josh
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Another high point for me was getting into Jason Marker's (Gideon's) car...

...and promptly spilling Coca Cola all over a print that Bradshaw gave him.

Yeah, that actually happened.

I think that next year, instead of signing autographs, that I will just spill soda on people's books.

~ Josh

I may have to hold you to that one.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I did have fun playing in Julius' combined megaverse game(Hiram Walker is dead). I hope that the person whose talking privilieges I revoked understands it was actually my character telling his character he's not allowed to talk anymore as opposed to me(the player) telling him(the player) to shut up.

I showed up around 3:30 and everything was already signed up for. I was kind of disappointed and almost just went home(why go to a con if not to game?) until I saw Julius walking by and got him to let me in his adventure.

I was extremely bored for awhile since I came by myself and didn't know anyone. It was pretty nice talking to Citizen Lazlo for a little bit, and that worked to kill the boredom.

Next time I'm going to show up much earlier. Hopefully it will be much more enjoyable. Also, hopefully Palladium can put up some kind temporary partitions between tables to keep the volume down.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Kalinda wrote:Meeting KC, Seraphim and others was the big highlight for me.

Others include playing After the Bomb with Erick Wujcik running. even better was the fact that I managing to impress him by being the first person he's GMd for who made a PC with the Psionic power Cell reader.

I also quite enjoyed playing Jason Richard's Chaos Earth game, and getting killed more times then the rest of the group combined.
What? You didnt like my game? Bah with you!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

...spill soda on people's books? Josh, you are a bad man.

Alex Marciniszyn 8-)
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

My favorite experience was having the Mannings explain to me why Rob Leifeld is such an influence on them, and watching how defensive they immediately got. Oh, and also having someone explain to me how being of European descent gives you a shot at Allyson Hannigan. Man, I wish I could have stayed longer than just Saturday!
Brian Manning
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

MrTwist
You could have always come around to hang out with us (the artist table). Ramon is always a fan favorite, Kent Burles is one of the coolest guys to talk to, they were all great to hang out with.

By the way Nick Bradshaw is like a freakin' machine when he draws (no sketch, thumbnails, or layout...just straight to the pen). Crazy!! I wish I could have hung out with more of the writers as well, but they were ALL running around playing or running games. I hear they hate the fans :p

mumah wrote:My favorite experience was having the Mannings explain to me why Rob Leifeld is such an influence on them, and watching how defensive they immediately got. Oh, and also having someone explain to me how being of European descent gives you a shot at Allyson Hannigan. Man, I wish I could have stayed longer than just Saturday!

I stand by my statements. He was a huge reason I got back into reading comics, which in turn got me back into drawing more seriously again. And later still he was a great example of what not to do :P :-P

This weekend was a blast, though. On Saturday morning I was thinking "Man this is going to be a long weekend." and by Sunday morning I was thinking "Crap it's almost over!"
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Jaguar Wong wrote:MrTwist
You could have always come around to hang out with us (the artist table). Ramon is always a fan favorite, Kent Burles is one of the coolest guys to talk to, they were all great to hang out with.

Never really thought of going and bs'ing with the artists. I didn't have any money to spend so I avoided the artists in case I saw something I liked. Let me rephrase the first part of that; I had money on me, but I didn't want to spend it.

Next time will be different.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I'm already working on a game for next year involving an all-Space Pirate PC party.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Jaguar Wong wrote:I wish I could have hung out with more of the writers as well, but they were ALL running around playing or running games. I hear they hate the fans :p

And by that Brian means "damn, I wish me and Josh didn't hang out so much so that I could've hung out with the other writers."

I can read between the lines, Manning.

~ Josh
Brian Manning

You were the only one that sat down and chatted with me :( am I that loud/annoying? :P

Last year there were less freelancers, so we all gathered in the middle and just started making fun of each other at some points in the day. But this time it looked much more chaotic and you were all running around most of the time.
Brian-Manning.com
Josh Sinsapaugh

Jaguar Wong wrote:You were the only one that sat down and chatted with me :( am I that loud/annoying? :P

No, I am.

And I was at your table for a long time on Friday and Saturday, hence why the others kept away.

I just kick too much ass that other wrtier's are frightened.

~ Josh
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

Although we were only at the OH Sunday for a whopping 2 hours, so far my highlight was having Julius recognize me by name, and then having him tell me how much he liked the dice bags I sent Pally a year ago. I probably turned red and stared like a deer in headlights :shock: .

We also chatted it up with the Bros. Manning for a while, just like last year. Those two are great! And of course, the custom juicer picture :D. I like being spoiled.

We didn't rp... but I did get Santa Kev to sign one of my old, mangled, taped up books. And I got Alex to sign it too!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Jaguar Wong wrote:You were the only one that sat down and chatted with me :( am I that loud/annoying? :P

No, I am.

And I was at your table for a long time on Friday and Saturday, hence why the others kept away.

I just kick too much ass that other wrtier's are frightened.

And you told me you didn't want to fight... :-P

I know I'm not official yet, but I did finally get my badge late Sunday (thanks again, Wayne). So, that's a total of one and a half writers that hung out with you at the OH (Josh being the half :P ).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Brian Manning

Yeah, I'm looking forward to what you and Irvin come up with. We talked for a while on Thursday before everyone showed up and again on Friday night, plus I talked to Irvin for a while on Friday night as well.
Brian-Manning.com
mumah

Unread post by mumah »

We should have OH '07 Round II. Why not, right? Open and close the season with it.
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Yeah, round 2...that's an excellent idea...Kevin? Kevin? Bueller? Bueller?......
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

sawg138 wrote:

I wish I'd managed to chat more with you, but every time I ran into you, something else was going on.

I loved meeting several folks from the boards, the GM Panel, and Lord Vader's Nightbane game.

Yeah, I had the same problem with Warwolf, maybe next year we'll get a chance to talk.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

The Deific NMI wrote:

What? You didn't like my game? Bah with you!!!

I said big highlights, yours was just a regular sized highlight. :P ;)
60 DaDa points.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Meeting all the people I did, and my biggest disappointemtn was NOT meeting everyone I wanted to and not getting all the signatures I wanted. I SOOO wanted a signature from Ramon Perez, but I kept missing him. *sigh*
Brian Manning

A lot of people were doing that with sharpies. I didn't do that this year, but perhaps I probably should have. I just had "CIA Director" instead.
Brian-Manning.com
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

Jaguar Wong wrote:A lot of people were doing that with sharpies. I didn't do that this year, but perhaps I probably should have. I just had "CIA Director" instead.

Yeah, I thought about that - afterward. Only 4 people recognized me as me... and the rest I had to hunt down. [cue jaws music]

Return to “Palladium Open House”