My PFRPG Games for Gen Con Indy ‘05

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

My PFRPG Games for Gen Con Indy ‘05

Unread post by Levi »

Ok, below are the games I have submitted to Wayne. Hopefully I get my requested times. Most of these games will contain material that is part of one or another of my current Rifter writing projects. So, don’t try to find any canon references to Lothrel, Shadowspire, or anything related to them. You won’t find anything. With any luck I’ll finish Lothrel’s write up and get it published by Gen Con. Shadowspire is a new project and most likely will not get finished in time to be published before Gen Con.

I ran the Escape to Lothrel game twice at Origins ’04 and went great both times. Vek can vouch for that. Gen Con this year will be the last time I will run this adventure.

I ran Orcish Rebellion at Trinity Con ’04, and that went really well too. Gen Con will also be this adventures last appearance.

All three of the other games are new.

Events

Event Title: Escape to Lothrel
Game ID: RPG00361
Event Description: While on their way from the Western Empire to a small and little know city in the Old Kingdoms, the players’ characters have been captured by an army or orcs who are going to invade the small kingdom. The characters have been used as forced labor to mine ore for the armies weapon smiths. The players must attempt to escape the camp with almost no equipment and warn Lothrel.
Min Players: Four (4)
Max Players: Eight (8)
Game Materials Provided: All material need to play the game will be provided including: dice, characters, pencils, and scrap paper.
Game System: Palladium Fantasy RPG 2nd Edition
Rules Complexity: Easy
Age Requirement: Teen (13+)
Experience Requirement: Young Players (rules are taught)
Event Run Format: Single Day
# of Hours: Four (4) hours
Event Day: Thursday
Start Time: 10:00 A.M.

Event Title: Orcish Rebellion
Game ID: RPG00362
Event Description: Forced from their homes, oppressed and confined to a harsh land, a small village of orcs (along with a few goblins and ogres) must take back what was once theirs. The players are a team of orcs, goblins, and ogres who must eliminate the human leadership that stole their freedom by any and all means necessary.
Game Materials Provided: All material need to play the game will be provided including: dice, characters, pencils, and scrap paper.
Event Day: Thursday
Start Time: 6:00 P.M. (18:00)

Event Title: Itom Guild Wars
Game ID: RPG00363
Event Description: In shadows of the capitol city Caer Itom , a war has been started between the assassins and thieves guilds. The players’ characters are an elite squad that has been given the toughest assignment of the war; to find out who started (or paid to start) the war and why. The trail leads down a dangerous road straight to the Imperial House Itomas. Can the players keep their characters alive without starting an imperial civil war?
Event Day: Friday
Start Time: 10:00 A.M.

Event Title: Phage Hunters
Game ID: RPG00364
Event Description: On the outskirts of the small kingdom of Lothrel insane goblins infected with the Phage run rampant. Recently the marauders numbers have grown and their tribes have become more organized and viscous. The players are a group of brave and daring adventures that have been selected to try to find and eliminate the new driving force behind the Phage-Goblins assaults on their kingdom.
Event Day: Friday
Start Time: 6:00 P.M. (18:00)

Event Title: Shadowspire, the Light of Hope
Game ID: RPG00365
Event Description: The players are a group of scout from the Wolfen Empire that have been sent to locate the empire’s enemies in the Disputed Lands and to find potential allies. On their quest the characters have learned of a secret elvin kingdom call Shadowspire hidden somewhere deep in the mountains of the Old Kingdom. Now hunted by a battalion from the Eastern Empire and cut off from the north, their only hope is to find Shadowspire before the human army finds them.
Event Day: Saturday
Start Time: 12:00 (Noon)
Last edited by Levi on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

with no Palladium at ORIGINS this year, there are no PFRPG games that I have seen being run... a shame. Damn, I can't make it to GEN this year... damn.

I didn't get a chance to play in your game at ORIGINS last year Levi, but I did hear through the grapevine that you ran a great game. Best of luck to you this year at GEN.

............................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Omote wrote:with no Palladium at ORIGINS this year, there are no PFRPG games that I have seen being run... a shame. Damn, I can't make it to GEN this year... damn.

I didn't get a chance to play in your game at ORIGINS last year Levi, but I did hear through the grapevine that you ran a great game. Best of luck to you this year at GEN.

............................................Omote
FPQ

actually, I have seen 1 PFRPG and 1 RIFTS game being run at Origins, what a shame...
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

I saw the RIFTS game, but I didn't notice the PF game... Thx. I'll check again.

.......................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Thanks Omote! I’m glad you heard good things.

My events are now official! I got the confirmation e-mail from Gen Con tonight. I edited my original post adding in the game ID numbers. My understanding is that they will be viewable for registration May 9th.

At Origins all of my games sold out and I even had to turn away several players from three of the games. So, register early if you want into one of my games.

I can’t wait to meet more board members this year.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I hadn't planned on going to GenCon, but maybe I will now.

-Vek
"Levi's games were the best at Origins."
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

GENCON, the weekend of my birthday. been tryin to stop out there for years, but might make it this year. only the travel out from my home has me unsettled.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

Just a heads up to those who may be interested. The Orcish Rebellion game is almost sold out (one seat left). The other games have only one seat taken each so far.

Vek, thanks for the kind words. It would be great if you, or you and Novell, made it. You were great players and cool to BS with outside of the games.

Another note, every game except Orcish Rebellion will have a couple of female PCs for the players. I try to encourage as may females to play in my games as possible. I had a few in my games at Origins.
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I'm in your Orc game, Levi. Looking forward to it.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Hey Levi,

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend but if it's not too much trouble could you email me the writeups of your games? If not before the convention then after...

Thanks..
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

Find me a spot, Levi! :ok:
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I am going to make it. I need to put in for leave for that time but I should be able to attend. I am currently trying to talk more people into attending with me, but I don't think Novell will make it. I'll see what I cn scrounge up.

-Vek
"I have no reliable friends who role-play."
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

Jason Richards wrote:I'm in your Orc game, Levi. Looking forward to it.

Cool. I look forward to meeting you.

UR Leader Hobbes wrote:Hey Levi,

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend but if it's not too much trouble could you email me the writeups of your games? If not before the convention then after...

Once I finish them we can work something out.

Veknironth wrote:Well, I am going to make it. I need to put in for leave for that time but I should be able to attend. I am currently trying to talk more people into attending with me, but I don't think Novell will make it. I'll see what I cn scrounge up.

Awesome! I hope you can find someone to drag along. If not, you'll just have to settle for hanging out with some of the other board members.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, with the specter of having to hang out with the board members looming over me I will redouble my efforts to bring my own people along!

-Vek
"People don't lose Loom enough."
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I signed up for all the games I haven't already played in. I'm working on bringing some people with me. Is Jason coming?

-Vek
"Just curious."
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

Cool. And, Jason will be there. He is running a few games too.
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

*Bump*

OK, I know Vek will be there and in few of my games. Anyone else? It would be cool to meet a few more board members. Also, there are still seats in all my games except “Orcish Rebellion”.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'm actually working at TD or in the middle of one of Kev's games at all of those times, otherwise I'd be happy to join in. I'll be including my J. Lionheart handle on my badge, so if you happen to see me wandering around the TrueTavern, Palladium Booth, or Kev's games in my brief moments of off time, be sure to say hi :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I recommend that anyone who wants to get into a good Fantasy Game sign up for Levi's. They were the highlight of Origins for me. Well organized, fast paced, and fun. Also, you'll get to play with me!

-Vek
"Play as in sit at the same table and role play. Unless you're a hot girl."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”