What do you do?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

you leave your LRRP lp/op outside the wire to "take care of buisness." Sliding back in the foxhole you find your buddy garroted. Do you;

blow claymores
48%
radio in artey on your position
38%
curl in a ball and hope nobody notices
14%

Total votes: 29

Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

Curl up in a ball beneath my dead buddy and radio in for artillery on my position. I wouldn't blow claymores as I don't know if the enemy's already past me. Better to radio in the sitrep and call for some of God's Wrath.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Lay low and tell the brass. Wait for instructions.

Probably would pull the pinn ou of a grenade and stuff it in an unobtrusive place on my person, so I'll explode if the gooks get me.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Recon1

Unread post by Recon1 »

slowly, quietly enter my foxhole while observing the perimeter. Take a quick inventory of my partner, situation and equipment. Pull a grenade and throw it as far out and in front of the next perimeter foxhole nest so as not to allow them to see where the grenade came from but allow my team to be alerted. Then cover myself under the dead body and quietly listen with my .45 at the ready. It should turn into a fire fight from the surrounding fox holes. If not stay quiet so as not to give up my position and wait for day light.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Play nice or I practice my sniper skills!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Honestly in that situation I'd take care of my business inside or a few feet from the foxhole, making sure my buddy was awake.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

A well thought out foxhole would have the grenade catching pits located on the bottom on either side.. I would have just done my business in that.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

The Deific NMI wrote:A well thought out foxhole would have the grenade catching pits located on the bottom on either side.. I would have just done my business in that.

Yes, properly made foxhole would have "grenade catching pits" (I forget what they really are called).

Now if you did roll/push a grenade where you did your business......

I sure those who have watched Band of Brothers (and I think the incident was in the book too) Easy Company returned to a fighting position to find there foxholes had been used as latrines, by the previous allied unit.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

It's called a sump.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Recon1

Unread post by Recon1 »

The statement was:
You leave your LRRP lp/op outside the wire to "take care of buisness." Sliding back in the foxhole you find your buddy garroted.

The fact is given that you left. Right or wrong you left. Now what?
Your partner is dead! What do you do? Not what should you have done?
How do you let the others know of this situation w/o giving away the fact you are still alive. Lucky Bastard!
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jefffar wrote:It's called a sump.

Thanks been a long time since MCT, and during my time as an AAV crewman I didn't dig a fighting hole for my AAV, the engineers did.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I imagine if the crew had to dig their AAV a foxhole there'd be a rush on transfers to the Navy.

Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

haveing known a former LRRP member I would have to say that you would be ducking the steel ball berings from a claymore before the enemy made it into the op of the night. Those units took their survival very seriously.

the 55 to 1 bodycount indicates how serious the LRRP members were about their own survival.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”