old Robotech comics

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Though this comment makes me worreid about the style guide:

This is not one of those copies. Since Robocon 10, I have it on good authority that most of the remaining copies of the Style Guide were destroyed by Harmony Gold--probably because of its error-filled nature and its more fantastical approach to certain concepts in the TV series
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
MOrab46019
Wanderer

Robotech first one will be back

Unread post by MOrab46019 »

I went to DC comic today there was a link about Robotech there. Well looks like they are redoing the the whole TV show though comic. And the art looks great. More towards now day drawings but still looking good.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

I'm surprised by how many comics I've missed, as well as how many I didn't. I don't recall Robotech: Clone spawning off a second series (Robotech: Mordecai). I remember instead that the comic got pulled for financial reasons (re: it sucked and wasn't selling well). Ah well.

While its possible the comic may have sucked, its more likely it didn't sell well. Lack of sales are more likely due to it being from a small publisher as well as targeting a fringe market.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

At least you don't have to suffer through the DC Comics Robotech Defenders and their alien enemy,the S'landraii (or however it was spelled). THe mecha looked cool, but the plot was horrible.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Nah, I read it as, "Suffer not this Abomination to exist, it Disagrees with what we see OUR intilectual property to be."

Much Like Lucas, HG has the Right to Revise its Continity and reverse any published materials as uncanon.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

While HG can rewrite the RT universe Cannon....the RT RPG cannon are the game books and what is in them and what ever was in the rifter.

ALL ELSE is but sorce matiriale for GMs, if they choose to use it.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”