Univerge Compact and IDAR, Anvil Galaxy

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Univerge Compact and IDAR, Anvil Galaxy

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Anyone have any additional canon or rifter references to this group or tech. Where is the Univerge Compact located in the Anvil Galaxy? Are they U.W.W., C.C.W., T.G.E., Independent... Any information on where those IDAR stones would be, or at least Where the Hrell homeworlds used to be.
Last edited by MaxxSterling on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Univerge Compact and IDAR, Anvil Galaxy

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

You know Bill Coffin hasn't been here in something like 13 years, right?

Unfortunately, the later Phase World books seem to have ignored the subject of galactic communications technology (and almost everything else in the Anvil Galaxy book). There might be something in the Rifter, but I can't confirm it.

Based on what is mentioned in Anvil Galaxy, one may reasonably assume that the Univerge Compact is an independent entity unaffiliated with any galactic government, as are the Belarian Empire (Ultranet) and Camlann Industries (Systran 60). A mission to develop new technology for the good of all rules out the TGE; the pursuit of technology rather than magic rules out the UWW; and the willingness to employ technology stolen/looted from a dying/extinct civilization probably rules out the CCW, unless the UC organization is operating in secret.

It is entirely probable that the Univerge Compact does not have a home planet, or coordinates its activities from Phase World itself. As with most Coffin books, it is likely that this was deliberately undefined and left to GM discretion.

As to the Hrell worlds, they are stated to be in the Corkscrew Galaxy, though exactly where is unclear. Since the Hrell worlds were looted by both the TGE and rogue CCW worlds (among many others), it is likely that these worlds were on the frontiers of explored space.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

Yeah, that's what I gathered. I'd rather have definitive answers though. I hate games where I play it and Univerge Compact is a world government and is on X planet in Anvil Galaxy and another game I play in, it's just a company on phase world and the next time, it's part of TGE and so on. Using this an an example, but I don't like not having consistency... Thanks for the input though. And I forgot about Bill, I guess the world will never know.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer

I just made it a small start up company on Rihilith (U.W.W.) Couple of guys in a small office who blew all their investors money on buying this tech from pirates and now can't figure out how to make it safe or make more... In case anyone runs into a similar scenario, that was my solution.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”