Transferal, and any other Out Of Body powers...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Transferal, and any other Out Of Body powers...

Unread post by Tor »

Transferal (aka Possession) says you leave your super powers in your body. Do you think this applies to things like Extraordinary ME/MA which are mental? If you have Extraordinary Intelligence, would you become stupider and lose your bonus secondary skills by going into a new body?

Same Q for stuff like Sensory Orb. It has an SDC based on ME so whether or not your mind retains the boosted attribute is relevant on how it functions. While a lot of the text of this PU1 minor power is similar to that of Transferal, it doesn't have the part saying you keep your powers behind. Makes me wonder if you could do stuff like Animate Shadows or even Energy Expulsion while in the orb. It might be a balance problem if you could do that, but stuff like retaining Heightened Senses (or Life Sense) or stuff that boost mental abilities seems in like with things.

Being able to have a cloaked or invisible orb would also be pretty cool.

I'm also wondering if there might be other ways to soup up an orb. Like maybe cast Invulnerability on it (not sure if it counts as a being, your mind is in it so...) or someone could Bestow Powers on it to at least give it a random minor ability.

Assuming you do retain any powers, I'm wondering how stuff like Borrow Power or Negate Super Abilities would work. If the orb had boosted SDC from Ext ME during its creation, would you have to target the body or the orb to negate that power and reduce it? Perhaps either would work, or both might be needed, or just one specifically? The existence of stuff like Negate is probably a reason to keep your base unboosted attributes (3d6) on hand even when a power completely replaces them.

How do GMs deal with NPCs in books who have power-enhanced attributes like this when they are hit with a Borrow/Negate which removes them?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”