What magic items have you created?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kmspade
Explorer

What magic items have you created?

Unread post by kmspade »

First of all, let me say this: CS 110th players stop reading now!!!! I mean it, you'll spoil the surprise for yourselves later. OK I warned you... :wink:

For the rest of the Megaverse, please continue below:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

OK, I currently have my group of players (all CS troops) hunting around North America, and the rest of the world for various magic items. Each one of these items is being sought by the Federation of Magic, with the ultimate goal of constructing a giant rift machine and bringing an alien intelligence physically to rifts earth.

I have created some magic items and artifacts myself, but I would like some more. So the question is: What magic items have you created, and where would they be located on Rifts Earth?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What magic items have you created?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Here are some of mine...

spell ring--light healing-(gold ring with topaz stones)-takes ppe from the wearer and uses it to cast it on the wearer till the wearer is out of PPE(6) the ring has three casting actions per 15 sec.

Gringo's Tent--Chameleon & self set up and packing

Equipment--the Eye of Combat(cat collar)--+200 ppe, cast spells as normal H2H attacks (cat sized)
This one is in the possession of a Demigod's familiar named "Nuki", which is a cat, with human intel.( 19/13/15/SN9/22/10/34) and can cast several spells [Ghostwalker/CoSmoke/GoD/BF/Befuddle/levitation/chameleon/water dump/AoI/ignite-&extinguish- fire/Invis(simp)/seal/enter-exit Caverns of Yin/fly/Speaking in Tounges/Fleet Feet/Mental Shock/S-P Accel./Circle of Concealment./Meta:Animal,&-human,&-plush,&-opp.sex/Quick T-port/shockwave/giant/magic warrior]
appears to be a tabby colored young cat,claws and teeth become luminous when attacks
HP/SDC:46/73,PPE: 147, Chi:40
+3 vs all magic, +12 vs psi (target of 15), +7 vs hf
6 APM, Damage--+4d6, S--+6, P--+8, D--+9, Roll with--+15, Init--+8, Disarm--+2
bite--2 ND, claw--+3d6 MD, Breath weapon--2d4 MD
Skills of note: Prowl 98(115), climbing 98(125)

cystale sword-"Kym's Sword"
-small sword:::1d8+2 damage, 0.7m long, +2 init,+1 S/P/Throw
-will cut through any natural substance as if it was not there, Armor will still take damage
-can not be broken
-The sword was loaned to a family member by a stranger calling himself Kym Nark of Marr, but before the sword could be returned the stranger disappeared.
Sometimes in the possession of an altered Terrane female named "Yuki" (14/13/14/12/27/12/13/16) HP/SDC: 54/45, chi:18, PPE: 18, Level 2 [H2H: Te, APM 6, s +8, P +7, Ap +6, D +7, Pull P +9, Roll w/ +9, Init +5] other magic items: Bikini swim suit(three times daily)--swim as the fish, B w/o A, imp to ocean depth, invincible armor 10th, rainbow flowers (9)--+4 pb & pe when in hair (non-cumulative), MA powers: MA Awareness/zanshin circle, and Kamgeiko & Shochu Geiko, other powers: shares sight with master, Telepathic Link with master, enhanced combat ability, long life. Skills of note: lang: japanese 98, basic Math 83, Prowl 71, lang/lit american & faerie 61, nanny 71, 1st aid 51, Description: a young (17 yrs.) looking Japanese female, wearing a simple loose fitting out fit of off white fabric, two pair of sai & a sword in sash belt and a bo staff and ring on each ring finger: a golden ring on her right hand and a silver on the left, with a clutch of rainbow flowers in her hair.

Unnamed 24" diameter pure gold shield with a dragon sculpture on the from with arm brackets and smaller brackets that the staff can be put into, the jaw is movable and a small space is there (where the ruby tongue was)--enchanted to be absolutely indestructible. and has a Create Gem ritual TW engram on its inside (10 min/L..made at 6th level)..1 hr duration..creates a gem , that is considered 'natural,' for magical purposes, from what ever gem components that are placed with in the circle while it is operating.
[Would most likely be found gathering dust on a shelf in a house near the site of old Seattle, next door to a faerie mound.]

unnamed white metal broach enchanted with golden sphere(L7).... the staff acts like a permanent Golden Sphere (PPE resivore max--1400 , now-1400 ) [Golden Sphere is a mod of the Energy Sphere spell]
[ could also be with the above char 'Yuki']

Armor of Kormath- appears to be a set of several interlocking ring bracelets
Made out of 'white metal' and is enchanted so the wearer 's PPE is used as damage capacity , in a MD environment its 1 PPE= 1MDC or 100 sdc / in a pure SD environment its 1 PPE =10 SDC, the enchantment creates a magical force field, nat AR 10, that take damage off the wearer's PPE level.

Leviathan: greatest holy weapon

From somewhere out of the distant past this sword was predicted to come to Rifts earth to slay the monster of the sea. But for all intensive purposes the prophecy is unknown by the world at large. This sword was made by 'the unknown God' to slay the lord of the deep where-ever it would run. The sword looks like any other long sword till it is used to fight off a evil supernatural monster. Then is starts to glow and sear the flesh of the monster, rendering the monster lame. If the Evil Supernatural monster does not flee then the sword can kill it for all time.
The sword gets it's name from its ability to slay the monsters of the seas with great and powerful strokes, dealing three fold the damage to them. Shortening the term leviathan slayer to just Leviathan.
While these powers are great, they are not what is what makes this sword special, even from other Holy weapons. This sword was specifically made to slay the evil Alien Intelligence called 'The Load of the Deep'. No matter where the lord of the deep goes, this sword will find it's way to a hero who stands in the way of the lord of the deep. Whether it be lost at sea, underground, or the boundlessness of space, it will find it's hero to fight its foe. And the sword is hidden from the lord of the deep till the hero comes to the lord of the deep's main body with intentions to slay it. It is then that the sword's final, hidden, power activates, tearing the lord of the deep asunder with each stroke. And on the 7th stroke that hits, it flys from the hero's hand and into the body of the lord of the deep, seeking its core of being to slay it once and for all.

When found this weapon has form is a human sized long sword, but will resize and reshape itself to make itself usable to the hero. It has a gilded blade, with what appears to be a serpent wound about the tang to form the hilt.

Damage: 1d6x10 vs SN evil, Triple damage to sea monsters, damage x10 when used against The Lord of the Deep. For all others it does 2d6 damage.
Powers: Breath w/o Air (Constant), Sonar Sight (1 mi.)

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Khord - Lizard Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Khord - Lizard Mage »

All are works in progress but I have an active mind as a TW
1- Mystic Portal Shield: shield enchanted with targeted deflection, speed weapon, and mystic portal for those pesky things like annihilate that can't be parried
2- TW Hydra: Multi-barrel TW rifle combining goblin grenade launcher, sonic rifle, pb cannon, and tw chainsaw bayonet (think Gears of War Lancer plus)
3- TW Basilisk: TW rifle firing a petrification beam (spell I am researching)
4- TW four leaf clover: casts Beat Insurmountable Odds as an action to save your butt when you really need it
"It's not just a Race, it's an occupation." - Khord

"Fear the Evil Red D20" - R.I.P. Arne Karl Swenson
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Unnamed 24" diameter pure gold shield with a dragon sculpture on the from with arm brackets and smaller brackets that the staff can be put into, the jaw is movable and a small space is there (where the ruby tongue was)--enchanted to be absolutely indestructible. and has a Create Gem ritual TW engram on its inside (10 min/L..made at 6th level)..1 hr duration..creates a gem , that is considered 'natural,' for magical purposes, from what ever gem components that are placed with in the circle while it is operating.
[Would most likely be found gathering on a shelf in a house near the site of old Seattle, next door to a faerie mound.]

Nice! This one will probably be making an appearance in my Rifts game at some point.

Keep up the excellent work everyone, and keep those magic items coming!
Carindel
Explorer

Unread post by Carindel »

Parity: set of paired golden bracers, meant to provide "parity" for psychics against ranged weapons. I don't remember the exact combination...something like Speed Weapon, Chromatic Protection, Targeted Deflection and a temporal spell. Nullifies those nasty penalties for parrying gunfire and lets someone walk out into the open and completely decimate a CS patrol that opens fire.

Wings of Nocturnal: an ancient weapon steeped in mystery and shrouded in uncertainty. It's a double-headed runic battle axe, black, which does devastating damage and grants power over shadow, but gradually corrupts the soul of the user.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Laux the Ogre wrote:...snip
In D&D I created an artifact that allowed one to go back in time, but they had to possess a body of that time(whose original-mind would be irrevocably-replaced with the mind of the time-traveller).

This sounds like the time travel method in the Trancers movies. except they had to use the body of their ancestors to possess.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Laux the Ogre wrote:Never heard of Trancers. Any good?

All three would be considered B rated (i.e.: a bit cheesy, with more cheese with each sequel) movies.
Pike
Wanderer

Unread post by Pike »

I've always wanted to make a Demi-god Techno Wizard with the powers of a necromancer. The possible combinations of techno-wizardry and necromancy are virtually limitless.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

there were 5 trancers movies

I hav a few
most notably the Asgadrian Dwarves who are on par wth godlings in my game so they live for 50k years
select their greatest warriors who are about to die of old age or other forseeable death
and scuplt a rune warrior identical to the dwarven warrior in his prime
strenghth 50 25 PP all other atrributes are the same as before accept for PE which is not applicable
as a greaest rune statue they are indestrubtiable by conventional means.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

So they would be sort of like a cross between a transferred intelligence robot and a stone golem? Sort of? :)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

more like a rune staute and a transferred intelligence which i suppose by definetion all rune stautes are except these are fully autonomous

other one I have is a gift a charecter recieved from the dark milenia tree which also can be created as a corrupt millenia tree item
club of agony it is considered a millenia tree staff
it looks like a pitch black burnt bat in the shape of a human femur
it does 6d6 mdc and everytime it hits the subject is affectd by the agony spell unless he saves (those in power armor and robots are immune)
6 times a day it can cast a 100 foot radius globe of darkness and silence which is centered and moves around the club effects are idenitical to the spells except the wielder of the club can see and hear
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I have created a whole host of items through out my time in the hobby.
On another thread in the PF forum I posted a few (all centered around slavery and slave trading).
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane
Come on by and have a look :D I got something for everybody!
[/shameless plug]
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I play Dead Reign a lot lately, and I know its non magical world but I couldn't help but wonder what little gizmo's an intreped Tech Wizard might arm himself with to survive the Apocalypse

TW Anti-Zombie Firearm
Just brainstorming here and haven't gont thru the creation process according to the rules, so bear with me.
Spells: Magic Net, Energy Bolt, Fire Ball, Fuel Flame, and Globe of Silence
The idea is that when struck, the Z will become wrapped up (immobilized) in a magical net of fire and burned until destroyed or the spell elapses. The Globe of Silence is to counter the pesky moan. Probably build it into the body of an arquebus style weapon for the right "look" hehe. Obviously, the weapon works well on any SDC critter who is hurt by fire, but stopping zombies was my original intent.
:bandit:

Thoughts?
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118466

Also started by that hair brained Alchemist, though a different vein of magic items to be sure.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Cinos wrote:http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118466

Also started by that hair brained Alchemist, though a different vein of magic items to be sure.

Another satisfied customer! :ok:
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

Tw toaster
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
BIBBI
Wanderer
Comment: "are you familiar with the chain of command? its the one I go and beat you with until you listen to me"
- Jayne

Unread post by BIBBI »

I have a couple magic Items that I intended for use together, but could be used separately
-the first is a cloak, enchanted with a permanent and more powerful version of invincibility, (e.q. to 3 of the normal spells), also with fly, shadow meld, and mystic portal that can be called up at a limit of 3 times apiece per day in addition to a permanent super spd and str spell, and a single inside D-pocket (it was actually made for an Npc)
-its companion was a scythe, with frost blade, encorcel, and power weapon, any of which could be called on at any time with the exception that the spells only last 1 min apiece and only cost 2 ppe drawn from a 60 ppe battery in the staff itself (the Npc for which it was made has no ppe of its own) with the damage of the spells being cumulative.
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

These are various items I made for a thief, Tiphyo, that would plague my party should they get to cocky,

Tiphyo's Blue Line Boots, these boots allow the wearer to use Time Slip every other round without use of any other components, holds enough of a charge for 3 uses after that the user must pay the P.P.E. to use them.When on a ley line the boots may be activated once per round without paying the cost, and they automatically regain one charge for every full round spend on a lay line without using the Time Slip, note using the boots on a ley line do not use any of the charges.

Socks of swiftness, Gives superhuman speed for two minutes, recharges after one full minute on a ley line, and may be used continuously on a ley line.

Face, this 'Guy Fawkes' mask grants the use of Metamorphosis: Human for up to 1 hour, this item DOES NOT recharge on its own, after the hour is up the wearer has 30 seconds to recharge it manually or the mask will turn to water leaving no evidence.

Winged Cape, this cape which when not in use has a split up the center, but on activation it transforms into a pair of feathery blue energy wings for 1 hour, the cape recharges after an hour on a ley line. May be used continuously on a ley line.
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

I am making a tw snorckle mask the breather has a toony monster mouth and it has two snockle tube going to the sides it has eirth a rbeath underwater spell of breath without air i am stil deciding it will also have the dolphin sonic blast and a metamorphisis into a sea snake.
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here are some very minor items. I was running a Nightbane campaign at one time. As a quick combat encounter, I placed some Nightlord Cultists in hideout in a bayou. I didn't know ahead of time which PCs would be at the game that night, so I made the cultists as low level basic human NPCs and also had some magic weapons on the side that could be given to the cultists and boost the challenge a little. Each cultist had a different knife which was enchanted with the Talisman spell and one additional spell. I remember including Blinding Flash and Superhuman Speed in the mix. These were single-use enchantments cast upon the knife holder which would give the holder a minor edge in a fight. They would be recharged when the Night Priest would lead the cult ina ceramony to communicate with their Nightlord patron. If the knives fell into enemy hands, the Nightlord simply would no re-enchant them.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Here are some magic weapons I've come up with and used as either a player or GM.

Necro-spear: A wicked looking lance with a barbed tip that is as dark as night and imbued with several necromancer spells. This weapon is a favorite of Mystic Nights because it adds to the aura of one being a ‘Death Knight.’
Damage: 3d6 MDC
Imbued spells:
Hyper Accelerated Decay: Beings killed by this weapon begin to decay at such a rate that (just like that Nazi traitor dude in Indian Jones and the Last Crusade) they become dust and bones in less then one melee round.
Necro-Armor: When held (not worn) the wielder of the weapon is imbued with the Necro-armor spell (@ 5th level) and grants him/her with an additional 65 MDC that can be activated 3 times per day.
Stench of the Dead: When held (not worn) the weapon emits a mist of rotting meat and decay similar to that of the ‘Stench of the Dead’ spell. The envelopes the user and twenty feet around him or her.

Fire Ball Dagger (1 handed)
Damage: 2d4 MDC
When held (not worn, it must be in your hand) the blade glows bright red. The dagger can shoot bolt of fire with a mere thought of the user.
Fire ball Range: 90 feet.
Damage: 4d6 MDC (6th level fireball spell)

Multiple Ball and Chain (1 handed)
When held (not worn, it must be in your hand) the Ball and chain imbues the user with the multiple image spell.

The Ithan Claymore (2 handed)
Damage: 4d6 MDC
When held (not worn, it must be in your hand) the sword imbues the user with the Armor of Ithan spell, and they have 50 MDC (5th level Armor of Ithan spell).
Note: Some swords are imbued a higher level of the spell and hence grant them with more MDC.

Time Warp Dagger (1 handed)
Damage: 2d4 MDC
When held (not worn, it must be in your hand) the dagger imbues the user with power similar to the Time Warp: Slow Motion spell. The user moves faster then those around him, and is +1 to strike, +3 to parry and dodge, +4 on initiative, +10 to speed, and has + 1 attacks/actions per melee.

Morning star of Blue Flame (1 handed)
When held (not worn, it must be in your hand) the Morning star imbues the user with the Eyes of blue flame spell. To others the user’s eyes appear to be made of blue fire. The user can see 400 feet in total darkness; can see all spectrums of light, and heat to include seeing the invisible, also grants a +3 save vs illusions.

Globe of Silence Staff
When held (not worn) this staff imbues (or curses depending on how you look at it) the user with the Globe Silence spell. The spell encompass a 20 foot area around the weapon, thus preventing those very close to the user of this weapon unable to cast a spell.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

While it was only a stripped down Battle Fury Blade, the Durendal caused some havoc amongst the players. The Psi-Ghost learned about charging a Mystic Knight wielding a big, magic sword.

Then there's Jeff Chandler's alchemist made flaming sword. Aliza Baker, Mind Melter and woman of ill repute extrodinare acquired it for him, just don't ask how. Thus far, he has not named the blade and used it sparingly, but when he has, it's proven most effective.

But I tend to make swords and the like all different, except the simple ones such as TW Light Blades and TW Flaming Blades, and even they will vary in the same manner as light sabers.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”