Killing Vampires...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Who Can Kill The Vamps?

The C.S.
15%
NGR
No votes
Atlantis
64%
Lazo
6%
Other Gods
9%
The Bugs
3%
Federation of Magic
3%

Total votes: 33

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Killing Vampires...

Unread post by csbioborg »

Enemies of the Coalition, hear me. You have come here to die. The Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win. The Emperor has given us his greatest weapon to wield and that is faith. Faith in humanity. Faith in the Coalition. Faith in the teaching of the Emperor. So make yourselves ready. We are the soldiers of the Coalition States and we have come to drive you from our land.
Last edited by csbioborg on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Other deities.
The CS would simply add to the vamps' numbers, Lazlo/ New Lazlo would probably send aid to the gods' minions, but it wouldn't be overwhelming... besides, they have Xiticix and Clagary to deal with.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Yep, considering that the Splugorth could take a combined arms approach, and regularly enslave other beings to act as parts of magical weapons, can produce Rune Weapons with Elemental powers, and can throw humongous forces of attrition at the problem...and, as Alien Intelligences, understand their enemies better than the other powers, my money is on the Splugorth...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Killing vamps is laughably easy. A good quality firearm and several hundred Silver hollow point bullets cost less than a single e-clip. Their hypnosis can be bypassed by modifying the optics of a suit of armor to prevent direct viewing and grappling tan be counteracted with misting systems built into armor along with silver and wood crosses and spikes. If you know what you are up against then they are easy to wipe out.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

well remeber the splugorth's main minions are all mortal sdc creatures
high lords just have a connection to the splugorth that tempoarily makes them mdc

can you imagine armies of vampire high lords with all the magic they possess

btw the whole water thing has been replaced by fire in or game.

and the vampires start off weaker but end up much stronger
I never got how the 15th level vampire ten thosand years old wouldn't have mearned a few tricks
also no wild vampires just young secondary vampires that act that way becasue their sire did not stick aorund to teach them the ropes
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Archangel23 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:Killing vamps is laughably easy. A good quality firearm and several hundred Silver hollow point bullets cost less than a single e-clip. Their hypnosis can be bypassed by modifying the optics of a suit of armor to prevent direct viewing and grappling tan be counteracted with misting systems built into armor along with silver and wood crosses and spikes. If you know what you are up against then they are easy to wipe out.

But you Miss the issiue...Also...much like the bugs..yea their not that hard to kill if you know how...but there are at leat 3 Vampire intelegences in Mexico...and...god knows how many thousands of Vampires...thats what makes them hard to kill.

Except they have very little use for tech, only come out at night and are really really easy to kill. And the Bugs don't need people to breed. Call me when the bugs can't cross rivers.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

anybody who employs water warlocks would obliterate the vampires. Just rain on em.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Kagashi wrote:anybody who employs water warlocks would obliterate the vampires. Just rain on em.

Yeah, call me when summon and control rain kills the bugs en mass.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

rat_bastard wrote:
Kagashi wrote:anybody who employs water warlocks would obliterate the vampires. Just rain on em.

Yeah, call me when summon and control rain kills the bugs en mass.

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about killing vampires...oh wait...it is.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

The new daylight spell in Mysteries of Magic (for air warlocks) toasts them nicely. A few hundred air warlocks could take out the vamp intelligence without difficulty.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

does that book have MDC stats for the spell descriptions?
Updated Aug 2015
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Simple, Atlantis.

On Rifts Earth, the following equation always applies:

X > Y

where X = Atlantis and Y = anything else.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

As per usual the answer to any forum poll which conjectures which power could take out antagonist X is Atlantis.

However in this situation they are uniquely enabled to do so. They know the vampires weaknesses and can combine high powered techno wizardry and bio wizardry with huge army. If nothing else they can just get high lords to stand in circles of protection and summon huge numbers of water and fire elementals.

Vampires aren't as easy to kill as some have made out though. Even if you have all your gear customised to combat vampires they have the advantage of being able to hit and run. They appear, attack, do some damage to your armour, mist away when the going gets tough and fly off as bats, regenerate, repeat. Their real weakness is having to sleep during the day, but in an all out assault on the Vampire Kingdoms they would be able to set up multiple places to sleep and get mortals to defend all of them.

The least able to take on the VK are the CS, they absolute stupidity in refusing to use magic ensures that.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

csbioborg wrote:Enemies of the Coalition, hear me. You have come here to die. The Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win. The Emperor has given us his greatest weapon to wield and that is faith. Faith in humanity. Faith in the Coalition. Faith in the teaching of the Emperor. So make yourselves ready. We are the soldiers of the Coalition States and we have come to drive you from our land.

:lol:

Nice!! :ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Subjugator wrote:The new daylight spell in Mysteries of Magic (for air warlocks) toasts them nicely. A few hundred air warlocks could take out the vamp intelligence without difficulty.

/Sub

A GECAL machine gun loaded with silver tipped ammunition smears a Intelligence in seconds at a range greater than most intelligence powers.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

rat_bastard wrote:
Subjugator wrote:The new daylight spell in Mysteries of Magic (for air warlocks) toasts them nicely. A few hundred air warlocks could take out the vamp intelligence without difficulty.

/Sub

A GECAL machine gun loaded with silver tipped ammunition smears a Intelligence in seconds at a range greater than most intelligence powers.

Sure, if the intelligence doesn't use any of its powers, spells, magic circles, etc. etc. etc. to defend itself (AoI, anybody?).
And if it's sitting right there out in the open for anybody to shoot, instead of in a cave/layer/temple where nobody can get a line of sight on it without being in range of its powers.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Killer Cyborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

/Sub

Sure, if the intelligence doesn't use any of its powers, spells, magic circles, etc. etc. etc. to defend itself (AoI, anybody?).
And if it's sitting right there out in the open for anybody to shoot, instead of in a cave/layer/temple where nobody can get a line of sight on it without being in range of its powers.

one would assume its not your only weapon against the thing. :-D
Killer Cyborg
Priest

rat_bastard wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

/Sub

Of course, and that the VI isn't alone, and that you're not alone, and pretty soon you have a campaign going, not a duck-shoot.
Meaning that it's not that easy at all.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Killer Cyborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

/Sub

Of course, and that the VI isn't alone, and that you're not alone, and pretty soon you have a campaign going, not a duck-shoot.

First off, the VI does not automatically have AoI, in fact their spell powers are pretty sparse with the exception of a few high powered spells that don't have much use in an active conflict (calm storm and create magic scroll don't have allot of in battle use), and even if he has AoI that means it gets 40-90 MDC, big freaking whoop. Second, the VI has a severe problem, during the day 90% of his minions are largely useless, it only has mind controlled humans (who are usually helpless anemic vagabonds), Demon Familiars (who are equally vulnerable to water and silver bullets as vampires) and Blood Priests (congrats, the vampire intelligence has maybe a 1d4 artificially stunted spell casters who cannot fully function during the day). The only VI that stands a decent chance against people who understand what they are up against is the one who rules the Mexico Kingdom.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

the CS would not have a hard time vs vampires if they were to actually, say, equip their troops with anti-vampire weapons. as it stands right now, pointy sticks and crosses seem to be beyond the coalition states' ability to supply their troops for some reason (or, for that matter, pointy wooden crosses). but yeah, if the CS actually started equipping their troops to take out vampires, and included the training needed (in the vampires' weaknesses, etc) the CS could do it easily enough. they have the manpower, and the ability to keep their troops supplied. once you have that, the rest is pretty easy (spotlights with crosses on them, military firetrucks, guns with wood or silver bullets, wooden weapons for the troops... that all comes much more readily.)

perhaps most importantly, the CS has the ability to track down the vampires in their hiding places...

i don't know that i would put them as having the greatest chance, but i do think they would be able to pull it off if they got serious about it. (on a side note, while they may not be the ones who have the easiest time of it, i do consider them to be the most likely of the listed groups to actually do anything about the vampire kingdoms)
Killer Cyborg
Priest

rat_bastard wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Of course, and that the VI isn't alone, and that you're not alone, and pretty soon you have a campaign going, not a duck-shoot.

First off, the VI does not automatically have AoI,

Yup.
But then, not everybody automatically has a GECAL loaded with silver rounds.
If it makes you feel better, pretend I said "Circle of Force."
Or that I assumed that one of their summoned minions could cast AoI on them.

in fact their spell powers are pretty sparse with the exception of a few high powered spells that don't have much use in an active conflict (calm storm and create magic scroll don't have allot of in battle use),

And ALL summoning and circle magic.

Also, Teleport Superior might be handy if they're losing the battle, especially if it's on a scroll.

and even if he has AoI that means it gets 40-90 MDC, big freaking whoop.

How much MD does a GECAL do again?

Second, the VI has a severe problem, during the day 90% of his minions are largely useless, it only has mind controlled humans (who are usually helpless anemic vagabonds), Demon Familiars (who are equally vulnerable to water and silver bullets as vampires) and Blood Priests (congrats, the vampire intelligence has maybe a 1d4 artificially stunted spell casters who cannot fully function during the day).

And any demons, elementals, monsters, entities, angels, animals, etc. that it can summon (or already has summoned).

Subjugator

Kagashi wrote:does that book have MDC stats for the spell descriptions?

It doesn't need to. The spell in question says that things hurt by daylight are hurt by the spell as if they are exposed to the real thing.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Subjugator

Archangel23 wrote:they'd have a greater chance..but Sun light does not kill the Intelligence likle it does the vampire...and, as I am unfarmilre with the spell, Would it kill them? I know that Globe of Daylight can't kill them, but drives them, to the edge of it's Range.

The spell will kill the vamps themselves. The Intelligence could still be taken out by conventional weapons wielded by the warlocks after they kill the vamps.

/Sub

Shark_Force
Palladin

CoalitionMerc wrote:coalition with their robots and Full conversion borgs, plus they have nukes and ships that can drop alot of water on the vamps. plus i think they have the most experience with vampires (refering to Lone star i think)

i might agree that the CS has lots of experience fighting vamps, except that when you look at the standard gear for a CS soldier, they have following weapons that are useful for killing vampires:

and that's it.

(yes, that really is just a blank line or three).

this rather strongly implies to me that the typical CS soldier is not very experienced in vampire fighting at all.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

CoalitionMerc wrote:coalition with their robots and Full conversion borgs, plus they have nukes and ships that can drop alot of water on the vamps. plus i think they have the most experience with vampires (refering to Lone star i think)

Most of the stuff the CS has, to include nukes, is useless.
And they don't know to use water, for the most part.
Some units know something about how to fight them, sure, but even those units don't know just how many vampires there are, or how big a threat they are.
The CS could send an army into vampire territory, then find the same army coming back at night sometime...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Subjugator

You think the CS...that's been around for less than one hundred years...has more experience than Splynncryth, who is many thousands of years old, and has likely been fighting vampires for at least 10,000 years? That doesn't even mention that the Splugorth in general fight them and have been developing methods of fighting them for thousands of years before Splynncryth was born?

Seriously?

Sorry, but Atlantis has the technology, resources, personnel, experience, and motive.

/Sub

Shark_Force
Palladin

Subjugator wrote:
CoalitionMerc wrote:Sorry, but Atlantis has the technology, resources, personnel, experience, and motive.

/Sub

i wouldn't say that the splugorth particularly have a motive. oh, sure, they don't like the vampire intelligences in mexico, but they don't like the vampire intelligences anywhere else either. as far as i can tell, the splugorth seem to have no ongoing anti-vampire crusade going. they pretty much just kill any vampire that happens to get in their way. i just don't see them invading the vampire kingdoms anytime soon.

like i said, the splugorth are definitely the most capable of taking on the vampire kingdoms, but the CS is the one i see as being most likely to actually do the job, if only because of geographical proximity.

additionally, i find it hard to believe that the CS won't do any reconsidering of the vampire kingdoms. they thought tolkeen and free quebec were going to be pushovers. you think they aren't going to take a few minutes to ask their allies (particularly colombia, which essentially specialises in anti-vampire warfare) what they need to keep in mind when facing vampires? i mean, it's not like this requires all kinds of crazy super-advanced contraptions to pull off a vampire hunt... i don't see super-advanced techniques really being that much more effective against vampires. they are far from invincible, you just have to use the right equipment, and the right equipment is easy to make.
Subjugator

Shark_Force wrote:i wouldn't say that the splugorth particularly have a motive. oh, sure, they don't like the vampire intelligences in mexico, but they don't like the vampire intelligences anywhere else either. as far as i can tell, the splugorth seem to have no ongoing anti-vampire crusade going. they pretty much just kill any vampire that happens to get in their way. i just don't see them invading the vampire kingdoms anytime soon.

like i said, the splugorth are definitely the most capable of taking on the vampire kingdoms, but the CS is the one i see as being most likely to actually do the job, if only because of geographical proximity.

additionally, i find it hard to believe that the CS won't do any reconsidering of the vampire kingdoms. they thought tolkeen and free quebec were going to be pushovers. you think they aren't going to take a few minutes to ask their allies (particularly colombia, which essentially specialises in anti-vampire warfare) what they need to keep in mind when facing vampires? i mean, it's not like this requires all kinds of crazy super-advanced contraptions to pull off a vampire hunt... i don't see super-advanced techniques really being that much more effective against vampires. they are far from invincible, you just have to use the right equipment, and the right equipment is easy to make.

1. They offer a million credits per vampire head as a bounty. They clearly dislike vampires.
2. They can also expend billions of troops to take a single planet and consider it to be capital well spent. They can surely expend sufficient force to take out a vampire intelligence.
3. Whatever the weapons are, Atlantis will have better than the CS.

/Sub

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Subjugator wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:i wouldn't say that the splugorth particularly have a motive. oh, sure, they don't like the vampire intelligences in mexico, but they don't like the vampire intelligences anywhere else either. as far as i can tell, the splugorth seem to have no ongoing anti-vampire crusade going. they pretty much just kill any vampire that happens to get in their way. i just don't see them invading the vampire kingdoms anytime soon.

1. They offer a million credits per vampire head as a bounty. They clearly dislike vampires.
Since there is almost one vampire for every five humans in Mexico they are clearly very bad at math or not interested in actually paying.
2. They can also expend billions of troops to take a single planet and consider it to be capital well spent. They can surely expend sufficient force to take out a vampire intelligence.
They don't have a billion troops, though as I noted above they are bad at math.

/Sub

Yes, but honestly you don't need that advanced weaponry to kill vampires. A large caliber pistol with silver rounds is more effective than most rune weapons.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

rat_bastard wrote:Killing vamps is laughably easy. A good quality firearm and several hundred Silver hollow point bullets cost less than a single e-clip. Their hypnosis can be bypassed by modifying the optics of a suit of armor to prevent direct viewing and grappling tan be counteracted with misting systems built into armor along with silver and wood crosses and spikes. If you know what you are up against then they are easy to wipe out.

Thank god there is another sane soul here. And I use the term loosely, as we are all gamers. Vampires are nothing if you are prepared, in fact, they can be easier to kill than humans in certain cases. I don't know about you, but this is one pale nocturnal man who doesn't melt in the shower.

seriously, its not a big deal, even 500 vampires cant beat one guy who can cast GoD till dawn. I cant see why this is such a big deal, atlantis could do it, but since they dont, and they haven't. For 100 years. The CS will probably be the one to do it, as they will come into contact with vampires as they slowly grind their way to world domination.

also, it was said that they dont mind losing millions of troops. not billions.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Subjugator wrote:1. They offer a million credits per vampire head as a bounty. They clearly dislike vampires.

/Sub

you don't need better. once you've got automatic guns, that's pretty much as far as you need to go. and once again, the splugorth have shown no signs of actually crusading against vampires all accross the megaverse. sure, they put a bounty on vampires. that's because they're pretty sure they have vampires in atlantis, and they would like them to be gone. if that was a generalised offer, the people hunting vampires over in mexico would be a crapload richer and better equipped.

once again, atlantis by far has the best resources and equipment for the job. but that doesn't matter, they've shown absolutely no sign of planning an invasion of the vampire kingdoms. in comparison, the CS has the vampire kingdoms on their 'to do' list. sooner or later, the CS *will* invade the vampire kingdoms. it's just a matter of time. and odds are good it'll happen long before any of the other options listed will invade the vampire kingdoms.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

Thank god there is another sane soul here. And I use the term loosely, as we are all gamers. Vampires are nothing if you are prepared, in fact, they can be easier to kill than humans in certain cases. I don't know about you, but this is one pale nocturnal man who doesn't melt in the shower.

seriously, its not a big deal, even 500 vampires cant beat one guy who can cast GoD till dawn. I cant see why this is such a big deal, atlantis could do it, but since they dont, and they haven't. For 100 years. The CS will probably be the one to do it, as they will come into contact with vampires as they slowly grind their way to world domination.

umm, one in three vampires has a energy weapon (which provides a financial reason to kill them), so you need more than a GoD to protect you.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

rat_bastard wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

umm, one in three vampires has a energy weapon (which provides a financial reason to kill them), so you need more than a GoD to protect you.

I wasn't talking specifically about Mexico's vampires, but yes they do, a fair amount of them also have mdc body armor. making them a minor hassle. I am just confused as to why everyone thinks that vampires are the be all end all of monster hunting bosses.
I just think that vampires are a non issue. i also believe that the coalition will end them. No one else is making an effort, and those few who do, can't make the biggest difference.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

rat_bastard wrote:
Subjugator wrote:1. They offer a million credits per vampire head as a bounty. They clearly dislike vampires.
Since there is almost one vampire for every five humans in Mexico they are clearly very bad at math or not interested in actually paying.[quote]

The bounty is for vamps found and killed on Atlantis.

C. Chopps
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

cchopps wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Since there is almost one vampire for every five humans in Mexico they are clearly very bad at math or not interested in actually paying.

C. Chopps

wow, I thought he was talking about the CS.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

rat_bastard wrote:
cchopps wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

C. Chopps

wow, I thought he was talking about the CS.

niether one really has to worry about math.

9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

/Sub

Yeah, they clearly hate them ...and yet they issue this stupid bounty that practically ensures that the vampire in question will never actually be destroyed. They can burn the head all they want, but if the person (or persons) that did the decapitating didn't burn the body in a funeral pyre and scatter the ashes then it was all for naught.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

9voltkilowatt wrote:
/Sub

Yeah, they clearly hate them ...and yet they issue this stupid bounty that practically ensures that the vampire in question will never actually be destroyed. They can burn the head all they want, but if the person (or persons) that did the decapitating didn't burn the body in a funeral pyre and scatter the ashes then it was all for naught.

Also, doesn't the head turn to mist and rejoin the body after 24hours?

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

I think the guys in orbit would do just fine... if they ever decided to go on the offense rather than staying isolated. (I mean really they just bomb the crap out of the Yucatan peninsula and most of the problem is solved....)

Granted if you give TW had enough time they could probably make a rainstorm summoning machine and keep it going permanently having it leach off of a ley line.
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Archie-3 Maybe.

He will find a few vamps, take them in for an "interview" and then create a Shemarrian Vamp Slayer, or something equally unpleasant. Think of it. A "breed" of Shemarrians who would never need to rest, speciallized in taking out vampires - night and day - without getting tired.

He could even start to use his satelite to scan mexico for vampires if possible and locate all hidouts and take them out while the vamps think that they are safe.

When he learns about the V.I. he would just need to modify his robots to deal with that as well.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

9voltkilowatt wrote:Yeah, they clearly hate them ...and yet they issue this stupid bounty that practically ensures that the vampire in question will never actually be destroyed. They can burn the head all they want, but if the person (or persons) that did the decapitating didn't burn the body in a funeral pyre and scatter the ashes then it was all for naught.

So long as the stake remains in the heart no regeneration of any kind happens, it is a corpse till the stake is removed.

psam_rage wrote:I think the guys in orbit would do just fine... if they ever decided to go on the offense rather than staying isolated. (I mean really they just bomb the crap out of the Yucatan peninsula and most of the problem is solved....)

Granted if you give TW had enough time they could probably make a rainstorm summoning machine and keep it going permanently having it leach off of a ley line.

Vamps would be immune to orbital bombardment and the Yucatan is not visible from space (it looks like the entire peninsula was sheared off by a single ley line. Summoning rain kills vamps but if it is summoned in the area of a VI the VI can cast calm storms to cancel any rainstorms.

Dunia wrote:Archie-3 Maybe.

He will find a few vamps, take them in for an "interview" and then create a Shemarrian Vamp Slayer, or something equally unpleasant. Think of it. A "breed" of Shemarrians who would never need to rest, speciallized in taking out vampires - night and day - without getting tired.

He could even start to use his satelite to scan mexico for vampires if possible and locate all hidouts and take them out while the vamps think that they are safe.

When he learns about the V.I. he would just need to modify his robots to deal with that as well.

there are several Shemarians studying the vamp situation and their 30.06 rifles and rail guns are fairly ideal anti-vamp weapons, mount ground penetrating radar systems on some monst-rex mounts, load up on silver and wooden rounds and you have a Shemarian who is prepared to ruin a vampire's day.
Subjugator

OK - I finally got access to a copy of Atlantis. Atlantis has 52.5 MILLION minions on hand at any given time. They also have 120 adult dragons and 24 elder dragons on hand. That 52.5 million minions that are on hand includes 3.2 million Metzla, 44% of which have either 3400 or 5600 MDC (Kree* Carapace are the most common of Metzlain, as per Atlantis, page 54).

I figure the Metzla alone could take out all of the vampire intelligences if they could actually destroy the vampires in the first place. I mean, assuming he only sent half of his Kree Carapace Metzlain, you still have a total of 704,000 'soldiers' that each have over 3,000 MDC attacking some SDC creatures and a few MD creatures.

Or, you could have five or eight MILLION Overlords go in and take care of the vampire problem. It'd take a matter of HOURS if he really put his mind to it. Frankly, his Conservators alone could probably pull it off without significant difficulty.

Splugorth for the win.

/Sub

Shark_Force
Palladin

Subjugator wrote:OK - I finally got access to a copy of Atlantis. Atlantis has 52.5 MILLION minions on hand at any given time. They also have 120 adult dragons and 24 elder dragons on hand. That 52.5 million minions that are on hand includes 3.2 million Metzla, 44% of which have either 3400 or 5600 MDC (Kree* Carapace are the most common of Metzlain, as per Atlantis, page 54).

I figure the Metzla alone could take out all of the vampire intelligences if they could actually destroy the vampires in the first place. I mean, assuming he only sent half of his Kree Carapace Metzlain, you still have a total of 704,000 'soldiers' that each have over 3,000 MDC attacking some SDC creatures and a few MD creatures.

Or, you could have five or eight MILLION Overlords go in and take care of the vampire problem. It'd take a matter of HOURS if he really put his mind to it. Frankly, his Conservators alone could probably pull it off without significant difficulty.

Splugorth for the win.

/Sub

i'm not arguing that he couldn't do it. i'm arguing that he's not likely to do it, on the grounds that if was likely to do it, he probably already would have done it.

so yeah, i'm still sticking with the CS as the most likely to destroy the vampire kingdoms. they have enough troops, the equipment is easily acquired, and they actually have plans to do it 'eventually', whereas the splugorth seem to be pretty comfortable not doing a danged thing about it.
Subjugator

Shark_Force wrote:i'm not arguing that he couldn't do it. i'm arguing that he's not likely to do it, on the grounds that if was likely to do it, he probably already would have done it.

so yeah, i'm still sticking with the CS as the most likely to destroy the vampire kingdoms. they have enough troops, the equipment is easily acquired, and they actually have plans to do it 'eventually', whereas the splugorth seem to be pretty comfortable not doing a danged thing about it.

Reading the original post, there is some ambiguity until the original poster clarified his statement:

Archangel wrote:Who Has The Best Chance of killing the Vampires on Rifts Earth? Give reasons why and how the group would do this. The more details the better.

Archangel.

Edit: I think Atlantis could do it. Splnn has delt with Vapms before and knows how to destory them...plus he has more then enough resources to get the job done. Metzla would make good Vamp hunters...He knows where their at and could call on help form other Alien/ Gods.

When he says chance, he's not saying who is most likely to do so, but who would be best able to do so. In this case, it's Atlantis.

/Sub

Shark_Force
Palladin

he also asks why and how.

and i would argue that the person who never tries doesn't have a significantly better chance than the person who cannot make the effort =P

who has the best chance of successfully shooting themself in the head? the person who is most willing to shoot themself in the head, probably (unless it's the twit of the year competition). really, beyond a certain point, the limiting factor is not capability (again, presuming it isn't the twit of the year competition), but simply willingness. i have a terrible chance of shooting myself in the head, but it's not because i'm incapable, it's because i don't want to.

likewise, the nation with the best chance of destroying the vampire kingdoms is the coalition states, because they have reached the capability threshold, and are the most likely to actually do anything about it. the other options either don't have the capability (imo lazlo doesn't have the ability to project a force of that size while maintaining their defenses, for example), don't have the inclination (atlantis), or both (the xiticix, for example, would suck completely and utterly at killing vampires, what with their lack of weaponry that can inflict lasting damage, and furthermore aren't likely to come into conflict with the vampires any time in the near future)
Subjugator

Shark_Force wrote:he also asks why and how.

and i would argue that the person who never tries doesn't have a significantly better chance than the person who cannot make the effort =P

who has the best chance of successfully shooting themself in the head? the person who is most willing to shoot themself in the head, probably (unless it's the twit of the year competition). really, beyond a certain point, the limiting factor is not capability (again, presuming it isn't the twit of the year competition), but simply willingness. i have a terrible chance of shooting myself in the head, but it's not because i'm incapable, it's because i don't want to.

likewise, the nation with the best chance of destroying the vampire kingdoms is the coalition states, because they have reached the capability threshold, and are the most likely to actually do anything about it. the other options either don't have the capability (imo lazlo doesn't have the ability to project a force of that size while maintaining their defenses, for example), don't have the inclination (atlantis), or both (the xiticix, for example, would suck completely and utterly at killing vampires, what with their lack of weaponry that can inflict lasting damage, and furthermore aren't likely to come into conflict with the vampires any time in the near future)

See, the CS has more to worry about from the Xiticix than it does from the vamps, so I think they'll go there first, and if they do, they'll be tied up for years trying to do it. We're back to Atlantis.

/Sub

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Atlantis gets my vote, tho' the Gods themselves come a close second(maybe this would be the Ragnarok the Norse gods spoke of :twisted: ).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Shark_Force
Palladin

splynncryth has ignored the vamps for however long he's been in atlantis (which as i recall is quite a while). if he hasn't attacked them in the past few decades, what makes it even remotely likely that he's going to attack them now?

lazlo is, if anything, even more concerned about the bugs than the CS i would say. if there weren't so many xiticix hives and a massive nation that hates magic users, d-bees, and the supernatural right on their doorstep, they'd probably be at least working on getting rid of the vampires in mexico. as it stands, even the fact that they're expending resources on the bugs is pretty crazy... they're really not that far from the coalition states, and the coalition states have very recently gone to the effort to wage a 4 year war of attrition on a similar nation right next door to lazlo.

a large part of the reason the vampire kingdoms exist and control so much territory is that the rest of the world has basically ignored them. and the only nation we know of that has a specific goal to *ever* do *anything* about the vampires is the coalition states. everyone else, so far as we know, is content to just keep on sitting there and ignoring the vampire kingdoms. (well, lazlo probably isn't content, but as i said... they don't exactly have resources to spare, what with the war on the xiticix who by some estimates have a few hundred million total population). if splynncryth has ignored the vampire kingdoms for decades, odds are good he's going to just continue ignoring them. as it stands, we have no indication that he even has scouts there or raids there, to my knowledge.
Shark_Force
Palladin

my point is that the CS will have the available resources (imo) well before splynncryth overcomes his apathy towards them. note that this is including the assumption that the CS keeps on ignoring the vampire kingdoms, and instead goes after the bugs.

simple fact is, the vampires have survived for a long time by staying below everyone's radar. they will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Without reading through the entirety of this thread, I had the following idea the other day. The CS Navy could use unmanned aerial drones to target the vampire cities, then hit them with high-yeild nuclear weapons. Won't do a thing to the vamps, but it will vapourize their food supply.

Vamps are then forced to either starve to death, or come northward looking for food, where the climate is less accomodating to them.

Just a thought...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Rifts®”