UR Book Numbers: Keep Palladium Honest

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

UR Book Numbers: Keep Palladium Honest

Unread post by Thinyser »

Many of us are now receiving their Ultimate Rifts Gold Editions.

They are numbered and Palladium SHOULD ship the lowest numbers to the people who ordered first RIGHT?

So I ask that all of you that have received yours look back in you email log and find the order confirmation....this will have a order number and a date/time stamp as to when you placed your order.

Please list your Order date/time and book number Like I have below

Placed: 04/28/2005 10:36:03 CDT
Book Number: 109

You can post now even if you have not received your copy yet go back and edit it to show the book number once it is actualy received.

Thanks In advance :-D

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Edited to Keep a running tally...and to add in Palladium's quote

04/28/2005 ??: ??: ?? ??? book number 102 The Galactus Kid
04/28/2005 10:47:00 ??? book number 107 Benito Pulatso
04/28/2005 10:36:03 CDT book number 109 Thinyser
04/29/2005 09:17:01 ??? book number 124 Omote
05/02/2005 23:28:05 PDT book number 161 Jesterzzn
07/14/2005 16:10:27 PDT book number 342 Dead Boy
08/09/2005 19:07:43 PDT book number ??? Darksoul
Palladium wrote:We had planned to print only 600 copies, but the initial outcry of demand from Rifts fans has convinced us to print at least 700, possibly as many as 1000 signed and numbered Rifts® Ultimate Gold. We’ll make the final determination by the end of June based on pre-orders, so order yours today! The limited editions available to the public start with issue #101 (we always keep #1-100 for Palladium staff members, freelancers and special PR) and numbers will be assigned in the order we receive them on a day by day basis. Available strictly on a first come, first served basis – don’t miss out. We expect Rifts® Ultimate Gold to sell out fast.
Bold was added by me.
Looks like its 1400 books (101-1500) available to the public according Omote's post and the fact that palladium keeps 1-100 for the staff.
Last edited by Thinyser on Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

My books (that's right, plural)

Unread post by Subjugator »

My books are:

148 and 392.

I also have a regular copy. :)

I'm a happy man and I'm hitting the books to see the changes!

Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: My books (that's right, plural)

Subjugator wrote:My books are:

148 and 392.

I also have a regular copy. :)

I'm a happy man and I'm hitting the books to see the changes!

Sub

You kinda missed the point....without your Order Date having the book numbers listed is useless to determine if Palladium is going in the proper order. :-?

PEOPLE
Please Post your order date and corrosponding book number
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

I ordered my copies

4-29-05 09:17:01
RUGE #124/1500

............................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Omote wrote:4-29-05 09:17:01
RUGE #124/1500

Perfect :ok:

Lets Keep them coming people

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

They already shiped them

so, how is that going to keep them honest?
冠双
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

It really won't, it'll just give him a reason to complain if his book number isn't lower than 124.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Drakenred wrote:They already shiped them

so, how is that going to keep them honest?

True...it wont keep them honest but at least we'll know if they arn't doing it right.
Glistam wrote:It really won't, it'll just give him a reason to complain if his book number isn't lower than 124.

And Truer :lol:

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

There should be nobody here with the expectation that book number progression will correlate with order date. Now, there should probably be a trend in that direction, but as I doubt they have only one person taking the books in numerical order, stuffing them in the envelope with the next-oldest order, and so on over and over again.

The books come in multiple boxes. They are being worked on by the whole Palladium crew. There are lots of people boxing them up and shipping them out.

Just don't be upset if there isn't an exactly-ordered progression.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

As I recall they were going to try to give early orders a low number, but I don't remember a guarentee or anything like that.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Subjugator

Thinyser wrote:You kinda missed the point....without your Order Date having the book numbers listed is useless to determine if Palladium is going in the proper order. :-?

PEOPLE

THINSYER

I do not HAVE the order date for one of mine, so there's no way I can give it. I can tell you that my second copy was ordered 8/10/05, but the other...no clue as to the date...it got lost with the store update.

Also, I didn't notice that part of your post, and thought you were just looking to see who got what number. Cry me a river that I made a mistake. Chill out and realize that the fate of the world does not ride on the order fulfillment process of this book.

Jason: I bet they have a stack of order sheets and a stack of books, and they're grabbing them in order. KS said that they'd be shipped in the order of purchase.

Sub

P.S. Edited so I spelled Thinsyer's name right...sorry for that!
Last edited by Subjugator on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

All I can add it that shortly after I ordered, I e-mailed Palladium to inquire when my card was going to be charged. I was told that the cards were charged at the time of order (not the time of shipment) because they were lining book numbers up by order date/time and I was told at that time that my book was #107 (the actual number I received). I show my card was charged on 05/02/05 and was effective for 04/29/05, but I remember the charge not showing up for a few days at the time, so I would have ordered my book in the last week of April.
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Thinsayer, keep in mind that the postal service isn't going to keep them in any order, so you aren't necessarily going to get yours before people with more recent orders than yours.

..There's no reason to believe however that they aren't going to hold to the lowest numbers to the earliest orders bit. Other than general pessimism I suppose...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

I really don't remember any guarantee of a low number. I would also imagine that if they all shipped out on the same day, the delivery date would depend on your location.

Here is my info, just so you can compile your data. 8-)

05/02/2005 23:28:05 PDT book number 161
Last edited by Jesterzzn on Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:fool:
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Why is a low number better than a high one? They are all equal.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

I just confirmed, I ordered it at 10:47 in the morning of April 28th.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Order Placed: 07/14/2005 16:10:27 PDT

Rceived: Not in yet.

Book Number: ??? (don't see it on the e-mail confirmation)

Mack wrote:Why is a low number better than a high one? They are all equal.

Not true. The lower the number the more enviable it is to the other geeks who care about these things. For example I have a Star Trek Micro Machines set 2 numbered 000008. It's just like all the others, but mine's the 8th lowers numbered ANYWHERE. There's a certain something special about that, even though it really isn't all that important.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Mail can be a fickled thing. It takes 3 days to overnight something from my girlfriend's home town to where we go to school, and they are in the same state, while my grandparents can overnight something here from Kentucky.

What was promised my Palladium? As I said, I remember it being more like we'll try to get orders out on a first come first serve basis, but I didn't take it as a promise.

I've never been the collector type. Packrat yes, but not a collector who has to have every one of something. That being said I have enough Battletech Mechs to field at least a battlion per faction.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Subjugator wrote:
Thinyser wrote:You kinda missed the point....without your Order Date having the book numbers listed is useless to determine if Palladium is going in the proper order. :-?

PEOPLE

THINSAYER

I do not HAVE the order date for one of mine, so there's no way I can give it. I can tell you that my second copy was ordered 8/10/05, but the other...no clue as to the date...it got lost with the store update.

Also, I didn't notice that part of your post, and thought you were just looking to see who got what number. Cry me a river that I made a mistake. Chill out and realize that the fate of the world does not ride on the order fulfillment process of this book.

Jason: I bet they have a stack of order sheets and a stack of books, and they're grabbing them in order. KS said that they'd be shipped in the order of purchase.

Sub

If you are gonna chastise me for chastising you PLEASE have the courtesy to spell my name correctly :-?

Its T-H-I-N-Y-S-E-R
Prounounced thin-eye-sir

I don't see how you could miss that request... the post was pretty short and well spaced out... but hey maybe you were in a hurry.

I only made the type large so that others would see what I truly wanted....little good it did. :x

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Were not talking (at least should not be) about how long it take to get the book to us.

We are talking about the time we placed the order versus the number on the book.

I don't care if it comes in November so long as it is a lower number than the people that ordered after I did and higher than the people that ordered before me...

If it is a limited edition and the numbers are finite the lowes numbers are most valuable and as such the people that ordered first should get the more valuable lower numbers...its only fair.

REMEMBER please look in your email for your confirmation and post the date of your order and the book number you received...if not to "keep them honest" then at least to satisfy my (and perhaps other's) curiosity.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Benito Pulatso wrote:All I can add it that shortly after I ordered, I e-mailed Palladium to inquire when my card was going to be charged. I was told that the cards were charged at the time of order (not the time of shipment) because they were lining book numbers up by order date/time and I was told at that time that my book was #107 (the actual number I received). I show my card was charged on 05/02/05 and was effective for 04/29/05, but I remember the charge not showing up for a few days at the time, so I would have ordered my book in the last week of April.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Jesterzzn wrote:I really don't remember any guarantee of a low number. I would also imagine that if they all shipped out on the same day, the delivery date would depend on your location.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Atramentus wrote:This is somewhat silly. The amount of time it takes for a package to arrive is not 100% based on when it was sent. It can take a day to go from a big city to a small town and four days to go the other way around. Some post offices work faster than others. Some packages have to go to a further destination from the seller. Some go to one distribution center in one city and therefore get out to people in that city sooner than they do to outlaying areas with the same distro-center.

Sometimes things get inexplicably delayed. Maybe your neighbour's book got into a box at 4:59 pm and the worker went home so your doesn't go out until the next day.

So don't be disappointed if there is only a rough trend, but not an exact followable thread.

As I have said in another post this is not a concern of this thread it is not WHEN we receive it...it is what number we receive in comparison to the people that ordered before and after us...thats it.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Jesterzzn wrote:I really don't remember any guarantee of a low number. I would also imagine that if they all shipped out on the same day, the delivery date would depend on your location.

Hmm... just noticed you say yours and Dead Boy's are stamped Pacific time yet mine is Central time (and the others didn't say) does this mean that they are going by the timezone from where the order was placed...I would have assumed they would all be central time as that is the zone in which Palladium is located. :-?

cchopps

Unread post by cchopps »

Can't help with the date of order, as my girlfriend bought it for me and she doesn't have a clue. We figure it was probably the last week in April, but dunno.

It is #169... oh yeah!!

I think the book looks great. It has a nice weight to it and I love the inside the cover art in both the front and the back. The color ad in the middle of the book is kinda lame (should have been in the back), but I don't really care. I haven't really had a chance to do any more than skim, but I'm happy.

Good job, guys!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

cchopps wrote:Can't help with the date of order, as my girlfriend bought it for me and she doesn't have a clue. We figure it was probably the last week in April, but dunno.

It is #169... oh yeah!!

I think the book looks great. It has a nice weight to it and I love the inside the cover art in both the front and the back. The color ad in the middle of the book is kinda lame (should have been in the back), but I don't really care. I haven't really had a chance to do any more than skim, but I'm happy.

Good job, guys!

OMG a girl bough you a RP book!?!?! I bow to you!

Oh an first post I'm honered you gave me your virginity :lol:

Did she delete the email confirmation? If not its in there....[/cross fingers]

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

It was in my front door the whole night and I didnt even know!

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Benito Pulatso

What is the timezone yours is in? because if it is central, mountain, or pacific, then palladium dropped the ball as mine would be 10 minutes to 2 hours and 10 minutes before yours....just curious.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

I KNOW there are more of you out there that have ordered this so keep um coming.

Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Mack wrote:Why is a low number better than a high one? They are all equal.

I was thinking the same thing. At least you could afford one.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Subjugator

Thinyser wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

PEOPLE

THINSAYER

Sub

If you are gonna chastise me for chastising you PLEASE have the courtesy to spell my name correctly :-?

Its T-H-I-N-Y-S-E-R
Prounounced thin-eye-sir

I don't see how you could miss that request... the post was pretty short and well spaced out... but hey maybe you were in a hurry.

I only made the type large so that others would see what I truly wanted....little good it did. :x

Ahh...I actually fixed your name before I saw this (I noticed it in another post and felt like an idiot - I hate when people do that to me and this time I did it to someone else...ugh...).

:oops:

Jesterzzn
Champion

Thinyser wrote:Benito Pulatso

What is the timezone yours is in? because if it is central, mountain, or pacific, then palladium dropped the ball as mine would be 10 minutes to 2 hours and 10 minutes before yours....just curious.
Unless his was stamped Eastern. :wink:
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Jesterzzn wrote:
Thinyser wrote:Benito Pulatso

Unless his was stamped Eastern. :wink:

Yep I was assuming it must be for so far the numbers to match up and hey I still was one of the first ten (109) non employees to get one 8-)

Darksoul

Unread post by Darksoul »

Order date: 08/09/2005 19:07:43 PDT

Book Number: I've got 391
Last edited by Darksoul on Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

4/28/05

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

The Galactus Kid wrote:04/28/05

:quiet: oops you forgot the time and the time zone please update that when you get a chance...you can simply copy and paste from your order confirmation E-mail.
Thanks

Keep em coming people I know more of you bought them.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Subjugator wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

PEOPLE

THINSAYER

Sub

Its T-H-I-N-Y-S-E-R
Pronounced thin-eye-sir

Ahh...I actually fixed your name before I saw this (I noticed it in another post and felt like an idiot - I hate when people do that to me and this time I did it to someone else...ugh...).

:oops:

Subjugator wrote:

PEOPLE

THINSYER

Sub

P.S. Edited so I spelled Thinsyer's name right...sorry for that!

:-? Sadly you didn't fix it at all even after I spelled it out and gave you the pronunciation you still transposed the "Y" and the "S" in both the big letters and the P.S. note...Thanks for the apology...A+ for effort though :ok: :lol:

THINYSER not THINSYER
Again it helps to remember how its pronounced: thin-eye-sir
not thin-sayer or thin-sire

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

numbers 64 & 65 and we ordered them about three weeks before they made any kind of announcement anywhere.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Preacher wrote:numbers 64 & 65 and we ordered them about three weeks before they made any kind of announcement anywhere.

Um sorry but unless you are Palladium staff/freelancer or they are doing something special for you for PR reasons that simply can't be true...unless they broke their tradition of keeping the first 100 for themselves as it states on their website.

Palladium wrote:We had planned to print only 600 copies, but the initial outcry of demand from Rifts fans has convinced us to print at least 700, possibly as many as 1000 signed and numbered Rifts® Ultimate Gold. We’ll make the final determination by the end of June based on pre-orders, so order yours today! The limited editions available to the public start with issue #101 (we always keep #1-100 for Palladium staff members, freelancers and special PR) and numbers will be assigned in the order we receive them on a day by day basis. Available strictly on a first come, first served basis – don’t miss out. We expect Rifts® Ultimate Gold to sell out fast.

*Red emphasis mine

Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Thinyser wrote:
Preacher wrote:numbers 64 & 65 and we ordered them about three weeks before they made any kind of announcement anywhere.

Um sorry but unless you are Palladium staff/freelancer or they are doing something special for you for PR reasons that simply can't be true...unless they broke their tradition of keeping the first 100 for themselves as it states on their website.

*Red emphasis mine

Wasn't Preacher one of the old school moderators or something? I know Maryann mentioned him once or twice in a nice enough manner. :p

As for mine, I think it's #666 :x muhwahahahaa!!! (I don't remember, but I do believe it's either 66 or 166. I'll check when I get home tonight).
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

Ordered: 05/02/2005 12:52:50 PDT

I have #153&154
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Jaguar Wong wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

*Red emphasis mine

Wasn't Preacher one of the old school moderators or something? I know Maryann mentioned him once or twice in a nice enough manner. :p

As for mine, I think it's #666 :x muhwahahahaa!!! (I don't remember, but I do believe it's either 66 or 166. I'll check when I get home tonight).
Well the Preacher man did marry Maryann, who used to be married to the boss.

and Maryann still pitches in from time to time to help
冠双
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

me wrote:4/28/05

well, I looked on my pacling slip and it didn't have time or anything but I can tell you what I remember. Personally, I ordered the first moment I saw it, which would have been 9:01 AM EST. That is when I got to work and palladiumbooks.com is the first place I go.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Drakenred wrote:
Jaguar Wong wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

*Red emphasis mine

I think family (even x-wives) could be placed under the special PR umbrella. :)
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Jesterzzn wrote:
Drakenred wrote:
Jaguar Wong wrote:
Thinyser wrote:

*Red emphasis mine

I think family (even x-wives) could be placed under the special PR umbrella. :)

Agreed this probably qualifies as "staff members, freelancers and special PR" or at least an "in" to these coveted low numbers.

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Yes we got the low numbers because of my connection to the company. See all you have to do is invest 20+ years of your life into the company then you can still get special perks when you leave :)
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Maryann wrote:Yes we got the low numbers because of my connection to the company. See all you have to do is invest 20+ years of your life into the company then you can still get special perks when you leave :)
Especialy since you were mentioned by name in at least one paladium book.

I STILL want to know how many times you used the Cauldron. :wink:
冠双
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

In case any one cares, my Gold copy was received last Thrusday (8/18) and my book number is #342.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

Thinyser wrote:Agreed this probably qualifies as "staff members, freelancers and special PR" or at least an "in" to these coveted low numbers.

I would say. :)

Just for the record, though. I checked and mine is #66.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

MrsEsterhouse wrote:I just got mine today via UPS ground. Today is Sept. 9th, and my "Packing Slip" is dated 05/01/05. BUT! mine is #124/1500. I've done a triple take to make sure. It's inside the book written and on the packing slip. Omote claims the same number....doppleganger ed?

Weird! Thanks for the heads up

Return to “Rifts®”