Ultimate RIFTS questions...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Ultimate RIFTS questions...

Unread post by Omote »

*Seinfeld-like*

What's the deal with personal SDC in Ult Rifts?

The rules section describes everybody having 2d6+12 SDC to begin with unless otherwise stated with the OCC. None of the OCCs describe a starting amount of SDC. A few OCCs have bonus amounts like +3d6 SDC ect. So are we to assume that all classes in Ult Rifts begin with 2d6+12 SDC?

........................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

SDC depends on what category the OCC falls into, it's divided into Scholars & Adventures, Men at Arms and ... something else I can't remember. It's all in the RMB.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Don't forget about DBees.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

It says that if the OCC does not have an SDC base then you use the 2D6+12 base and then add bonuses. Pretty simple. :)
:fool:
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

Sounds like a good rule.

Men at Arms in general have access to more physical skills anyway in order to boost their SDC if they want to and probably get some kind of bonus but are less likely to get the very possible (1D4x10) old 40 starting SDC!!!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

cool

Sounds like Kev...is listening to us more and more...

I have Tons of Free money right now, after dropping another RPG company for relaunching the game lines with crap versions of their old games...

It would be great if Palladium started to make alot more books i want to buy in general.

Right now, i'm only buying a few Eden Studios gamebooks a year...

by request of my players we are getting back into Palladium more...we missed it.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

grandmaster z0b wrote:SDC depends on what category the OCC falls into, it's divided into Scholars & Adventures, Men at Arms and ... something else I can't remember. It's all in the RMB.

oops sorry I didn't see the Ultimate bit... :oops: :oops: :oops:
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

Jesterzzn wrote:It says that if the OCC does not have an SDC base then you use the 2D6+12 base and then add bonuses. Pretty simple. :)

I think what I was trying to get at was that NONE of the OCCs/RCCs in RUE have "base SDCs" listed with any class, there are only the few that have "bonus SDC."

A assumed the same as you, just wondering though.

.........................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

It seems to me the base is the base for everyone, and the bonuses for some Occs are well, bonuses. I don't have the book, but I'm assuming that the sdc bonuses are all on fighting type classes? I think you just were tripped up by the wording.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Omote wrote:
Jesterzzn wrote:It says that if the OCC does not have an SDC base then you use the 2D6+12 base and then add bonuses. Pretty simple. :)

I think what I was trying to get at was that NONE of the OCCs/RCCs in RUE have "base SDCs" listed with any class, there are only the few that have "bonus SDC."

A assumed the same as you, just wondering though.

.........................................Omote
FPQ
Dragons and Dogboys both have SDC values different than the standard SDC base in the creation rules. Long time players will no doubt take that as a given, but a new player might have been confused, so the qualifier was needed. Another good example of clarification for the sake of the newbies, that was sorely lacking in the previous edition. :ok:

*edit* and before I get lynched, the Dragons 'different' SDC base is of course zero, being that they are MDC creatures of magic.
:fool:

Return to “Rifts®”