I want one of these in my Robotech campaigns!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

I want one of these in my Robotech campaigns!

Unread post by Janus »

There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

It is da bomb. Taffy needs to do a lesson on one of these babies.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:A Veritech M.A.C. II ??? That's just wrong.......

You dont know how correct you are.

Game balance?? What game balance?

Hmm, Look at the Saber-Cyclone if you have problems with Balance... 7ft tall, 200MDC, Auto-dodge a punch as strong as a Gladiator, and unlimited parrying potential....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

That is just so crappily munchkinated that it belongs in the same universe as the VF-19 and VF-22.

I'll take my slightly more believable RT mecha, thank you very much.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Lt. Holmes wrote:That is just so crappily munchkinated that it belongs in the same universe as the VF-19 and VF-22.

Im with you. Right up there on the dorkines scale with transforming warships as far as Im concerned.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Lt. Holmes wrote:That is just so crappily munchkinated that it belongs in the same universe as the VF-19 and VF-22.

Im with you. Right up there on the dorkines scale with transforming warships as far as Im concerned.

and multi story walking tanks with a footprint load so high that their feet will punch through modern highway overpasses when traveling at highway speeds.
冠双
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

HAHA! I remember seeing pictures of this thing a little while back... all of us at the gaming tabled agreed on how "dorky" looking that was. The idea may be pretty neat, but it just looks tragic. Gawd I hope we don't see anything like that in Shadow Chronicles.

...................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:A Veritech M.A.C. II ??? That's just wrong.......

Game balance?? What game balance?

actualy i would be more concerned about how that thing stays ballanced when fireing

here is one proposed sets of stats for this sucker

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mec ... /va_6.html

here is another

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/vb6.html
冠双
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Dead Thread walking!

Conversions are a no-no here.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Conversion??????

There is no conversion here. This is a MAC II that transforms! Palladium already has a MAC II.

I just want one that transforms.

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

glitterboy2098 wrote:Dead Thread walking!

Conversions are a no-no here.

unfortunatly, everytime this thing is posted, we get the same 2 links for the same conversion sites...

I can remember at least once in Recent months this thing was brought up, and the links were posted, and i reported the links as links to conversion sites and the nothign happened.

oh, right here
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

So you're saying that it belongs in the official Macross continuity, of which the VF-19 and VF-22 are a part (via Macross Plus and Macross 7)?

Personally, I like the Koenig Monster and I can see where it would be useful. It is an artillery platform that can transform into a spacecraft and it has all the strengths and weaknesses that such a craft would impart. Given that its primary weapons are all long range and intended to be used against very large targets, they would be useless against smaller foes. Also, something that big can't be all that easy to maneuver, so it's usefulness as a front-line unit is limited. This disadvantages would also require that other units be assigned to protect it, either on the ground or in space, much like real life artillery units are today. By itself, it could be outmaneuevered and overrun by smaller and faster forces-- much like real life artillery units can be today and have been in the past.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

JayBuzz wrote:Whoa...

Actualy the animation sheet I saw indicated that the barrels were 457.2mm.

Which makes you wonder just how mutch Mega damage one of theose would realy have done,
冠双
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Drakenred wrote:

Which makes you wonder just how mutch Mega damage one of theose would realy have done,

2D6x10 per round, just like the MacII in the RPG dose with it 400mm shells.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Drakenred wrote:

2D6x10 per round, just like the MacII in the RPG dose with it 400mm shells.

Well considering that the note about muzel velocity on that thins main guns askes if 2500 m/s would be too low, (Granted I often feel that the people who make anima often dont have a clue about real world physics, I would hate to be behind that thing when it fires a 4 round Alfa strike at that velocity since the recoil at that velocity would be well over 157m/s(for the entire mecha, not the riflels!)or putting it another way the instant all 4 guns fired(assumeing a flat trajectory) the monster would be wanting to move backwords at over 500 kph!)
(note that the main guns on the MACII would be trying to move that unit backwords at 42 mph or roughly 50kph) talk about whiplash!(theirs a reason why Battlships in the real world weigh in at 48KT-58KT, they need to be able to resist the shock of the main guns going off!)
冠双
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

[quote="Drakenred]in the real world weigh in at 48KT-58KT, they need to be able to resist the shock of the main guns going off![/quote]

And enormous Gyroscopes to try to maintain stability, and it stii moves the ship! It's among the many reasons that no-one seriously maintains battlewagons anymore. Even the Iowa class, although listed as 'BB', are considered 'heavy cruisers'. The only modern analogy is the Kirov class, which uses missiles as it's heavy weapons, and I'm not entirely sure if the current Russian government maintains them at all anymore. The advent of the flattop to create pinpoint ground strikes at long range via aircraft, and the creation of accurate long-range missiles spelled the end of the heavy gun 'dreadnaught'.

On the other hand, Dang, that Monster Mecha is awesome!!!!
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”