Robotech Picture-- Sweet!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Damn, that is pretty cool. :ok:
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

That's a nice picture. I would buy it for my wall.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Ah, sweat man! That is just awesome.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Hmm....thats funny...I don't remember the YF-19 being a part of the United Earth Forces' arsenal of variable combat fighters.

Its a nice pic (a wallscroll I believe) of the prototype VF-Excalibur from Macross Plus. It isnt a Robotech mecha.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Hmm....thats funny...I don't remember the YF-19 being a part of the United Earth Forces' arsenal of variable combat fighters.

Its a nice pic (a wallscroll I believe) of the prototype VF-Excalibur from Macross Plus. It isnt a Robotech mecha.

Was gonna say that, but after the Flames i got From Taf on his thread. I'm fearful of posting anything Disagreeing with the good-ol boys
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

its Macross related sure enough, and palladium did do a Macross (2) rpg... its the right spot for it.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

Who cares what it is, it's 'F'ing bad-azz!

..............................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Non-Robotech Macross, Southern Cross and Mospeda stuff is acceptable here, as is stuff that reminds us of those things.

Just don't post any unauthorized RPG conversions of copyright material.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

It was advertising art Macross Digital Mission VF-X2, which always featured the VF-19A (which technically introduced it) as a way to keep the prototype YF-19 look in use.

Heck, this picture even appeared in US magazines back before Bandai dumped their Western release of it.

Cyc
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Veritech for Robotech Technology.

Valk for Macross.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in macross transforming craft were simply refered to as "Variable", the Valkyrie was just the VF-1.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Hmm....thats funny...I don't remember the YF-19 being a part of the United Earth Forces' arsenal of variable combat fighters.

err... for the buttward talking non robotrechie... Just what's a YF-19? (and wherefrom?)
To my untrained eye, this looks like a classic Macross era VF 1 Valkyrie.
where can I get a good nomenclature?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/

The YF-19 Prototype Advanced Variable Fighter (AVF) was designed and built in 2039 by Shinsei Industries as their entry into the Project Super Nova design contest being conducted by the UN Spacy. Project Super Nova's main purpose was to develop a new variable fighter to replace the aging VF-11 Thunderbolt as the main fighter for UN Spacy military forces. The YF-19 was one of two fighters selected for the final competition at the New Edwards Flight Center on planet Eden; the other design being the YF-21 AVF developed by General Galaxy. The YF-19 was developed by Yan Newmann, the child genius of Shinsei Industries.
The YF-19 was plagued with problems and mishaps throughout the course of the contest. Due to difficulties in controlling such a powerful variable fighter, the prototype was damaged several times and several test pilots were killed during the early trials of the aircraft. Eventually Lt. Isamu Dyson, a talented but reckless UN Spacy pilot, was assigned to test the YF-19 and quickly proved himself to be a competent pilot for the prototype. However, during a mock duel between the YF-19 and YF-21, the YF-19 was damaged by a discharge from its own GU-15 gun pod, almost killing Lt. Dyson in the process. Shortly thereafter, Project Super Nova was halted under direct order of the UN Spacy after the development of the Ghost X-9 Unmanned Fighter in February 2040 was completed. Not satisfied with the cancellation of the project, Lt. Dyson and Yan Newmann stole the YF-19 and its fold booster and made an unauthorized fold from Eden to Earth. The YF-21 prototype was ordered to pursue the YF-19, and the two prototypes engaged in combat again during the Macross 30th Anniversary Celebration on Earth. However, the grudge match between the two pilots was interrupted by the newly completed AI system for pop singer Sharon Apple who took control of the entire computer system for Earth and attempted to enslave its entire population through holographic hypnosis. The two prototypes fought against Sharon and the Ghost X-9 prototype she controlled, and the YF-19 managed to break through the AI's defenses and destroy her CPU aboard the SDF Macross.

After the smoke from the incident had settled, the YF-19 was declared the winner of the Project Super Nova competition. Dubbed the VF-19 Excalibur, the new fighter has begun slowly replacing the VF-11 Thunderbolt as the main tactical superiority fighter for the UN Spacy since 2040. However, it will be several years before the new design comes into service with all deep space forces and colony missions spread throughout the galaxy. Several variations of the new design have begun to appear already, including the VF-19 Kai "Fire Valkyrie" variant aboard the Macross 7, operating near the core of the galaxy. Most of these variants are one-of-a-kind special operations fighters and are not widely distributed.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote: Really, folks, I bet some of you would go berserk upon hearing the mere utterance of the term "japanimation". :D

Wait... isn't Japanimation the correct term for Animation from Japan? "Anime" Makes no Sense to me, Steam boat Willy is Animation, if you were lazy and didnt like Sylibles you could just call is Anime....

Japanesse Animation.... Japan-imation...
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Zerebus wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:in macross transforming craft were simply refered to as "Variable", the Valkyrie was just the VF-1.

no, in Macross 7, I distinctly heard Mylene call Basara's VF-19 a valkyrie. I believe the term is interchangeable.

Really, folks, I bet some of you would go berserk upon hearing the mere utterance of the term "japanimation". :D

accuracy is accuracy. you just have to know what to be accurate to at what time and place.

Japanimation is a slang term for any animation from japan (which, ironically, includes most early and mid 80's kiddie cartoons like GI-Joe), while Anime refers to a specific style of animation.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”