Female Zentradi

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Simple : weight of numbers
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

svartalf wrote:Simple : weight of numbers

I can see that.

it's the finess of the female or the brute strength of the male.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

The way I see it, according to the RPG, the male Zentradi were the foot soldiers and regular grunts of the Masters' forces, and the female Zentradi were the elite special forces units.

The female Zentradi would get specalized training and equipment to assist them in carrying out these tasks, while the males were used for regular fighting.
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

quester wrote:So what I am seeing is that the general concensses is that the Femals are Special forces and Males are just grunts. That makes sense, though you would expect some interaction from the Males and Females (Azonia taking command of the return of the SDF-1).

The Masters were very quick to quash any such interactions. The most interactions that any male and female had together was across a viewscreen. They never shared ships OR mecha. And the Masters' programmed the Zentradi to believe that any interaction was bad and that any feelings inspired by such a meeting were bad things and had to be destroyed.

By keeping the two genders seperate, the Masters ensured that there could be no natural reproduction, thus adding to their control over the Zentradi race.

Evil little buggers, eh? :p
Svartalf
Champion

Say Alex ... it that really a thing specific to the other Macross Series?
That especial vulnerability of female Zents to micronian Culture is certainly not really visible in Macross.

The Male spies sure do seem to be really taken by the new concepts, while Azonia (I wish I knew how, why and when) leaves the RDF side after Dolza's final assault and goes back to Kamjin... not much an assimilation into Micronian culture
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

why more males then females....the imature male is vastly more physicly agressive then females, so the male zents will not have to be motivated to 'go out and fight', they just will. and sence most zents don't get past being teenagers the more mature mind-set dose not start to affect them, and wanting to be farther back from the line of battle, like a ship commander's post.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I go on the basis that the Masters had the male clone archtypes sitting around from the days they were used as miners. In those days strength and endurances were more important then agility. After the Zens became an army the females were created to supliment the males in roles they were not well suited for. Since the females were a later creation the Master's built a specific unit taylored to there strong points, and the FPA was born. Since the males and the standard MPA and various pods were already around in large numbers the Masters never saw a need to replace them with females and new mecha. That is just how I justify it to myself.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
MOrab46019
Wanderer

Unread post by MOrab46019 »

There is also this "Officer/Grunt" buisness... They are all the same thing when they come out of the chambers, its just the ones who are the most victorious, and by being most victorious live the longest, who excel to command ranks. They don't "predesign" officers - you'd be eliminating the whole trial-and-elimination process of what makes an officer. Do you realise how much more energy and resouces it takes to make 2 diffrent clone types as opposed to just 1?

So they have to prove themselves in combat. Sounds like another group. Clans in Battletech.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Re: Odds are you'd get crap there

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Basara_549 wrote:Just look at the comics from Wildstorm (which are under the direct control of Tommy); there has yet to be a comic from that didn't radically diverge from series continuity - and I'm talking about the episodes and the original 1985 stype guide, not the McKinney crap.

I'll agree with Stan here about the comics. However, to hell with the Style Guide (sorry Stan :D ). The new comics are really bad in many cases. The whole mess with the Condor could have been avoided in the comics if Tommy had simply listened to me when I found references to it being an Armo-Fighter in Mospeada. Steve is another matter altogether so Im not gonna open up that can of worms. Tom, however, I think does care about the continuity established in the show....minus the old way things were done.

The Style Guide was so riddled with errors it wasnt funny. Just a sample...
http://robotechcomics.50megs.com/styleguide/1-36.jpg

The height of a standard Zentraedi is given as 60ft. How are they supposed to fit one (let alone two?) in a mecha that is all of 40ft tall.

Dana's age as of the start of the 2nd Robotech War is given as 18 in the Style Guide....which is impossible as Leonard clearly dates Dana's Story as starting 15 yrs after the destruction of the SDF-1.

It also says she is among the first graduates of the Robotech Military Academy founded in the aftermath of reconstruction following the First Robotech War. While it may seem nitpicky...this line is also untrue. Dana graduated with the first class of the United Earth Forces Military Academy (which can be inferred from the dialogue as being new) while it was Colonel Wolfe that was in fact a graduate of the Robotech Military Academy (as per Scott's words from Eulogy).

Sorry Stan...but the Style Guide should be burned! :x
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

According to the Zendredi book there are four types of Zentredi.

male foot soldiers
male offcers
male high commanders
Female officers

Svartalf
Champion

Why not have phased out the males?

Simple : most of the Robotech Masters are Male Chauvinists... they couldn't phase out the superior females, but you'll notice that all the high command IS male
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Or maybe the Whole Ideas of Superior Females just something expressed in the RPg, but never shown in the serise. Just because the main female zents in the show are aces never implies that the whole lot of them are "Superior Ace Females".

Thats like saying that just because a African-American stole your TV, that all African americans are TV theives. or more commenly Called Racial Sterotyping, and Racial profling.. your all sick (Kidding)

-Wolfe
Svartalf
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Or maybe the Whole Ideas of Superior Females just something expressed in the RPg, but never shown in the serise. Just because the main female zents in the show are aces never implies that the whole lot of them are "Superior Ace Females".

Thats like saying that just because a African-American stole your TV, that all African americans are TV theives. or more commenly Called Racial Sterotyping, and Racial profling.. your all sick (Kidding)

-Wolfe

You have a point... fact : the only females actually *shown* in the anime are aces and high officers. Would that be enough to sucker Kevin into believing that the two segregated sexes are actually different, with the females being a superior "ace" species? Possible, I'd like to have more info.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:
svartalf wrote:Simple : weight of numbers

I can see that.

it's the finess of the female or the brute strength of the male.

Sexism, for short.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Just to clear something up!

The average Zentraedi Battlepod pilot is NOT 50ft tall. They are closer to being 25ft tall (give or take).

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/post-4-1065680900.jpg

Just so we are all on the same page......
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Actually, Dana's age...

Basara_549 wrote:BTW, note how everything got bigger, not just the Zentraedi, in the Robotech version? The VF-1 gained about 10-15% height. As for the Regult, the RPG (based on the way that everything got bigger) ended up at 50 foot tall, not 40. And, to take your height suggestion to the extreme, how can anyone believe that Formula 1 cars really exist? I mean, they're under 3 feet tall, and their drivers are 6 foot on average. They CAN'T exist... :-?

Well, you Formula one theory is a bit flawed, the Formula one car may only have a height of 3 feet, but the driver dose not stand up in the car, he lies in the compartment over the cars 9-11' lenght.

According to the uRRG the Taticla Battle pod has the demensions of.

Height : 17.4 m
Length : 8.1 m
Width : 8.0 m

now that for the Total height of the pod, not just the pilot area in the "pod" section, form the majority of pics of the pods
http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/images/pod.gif
the Pod section looks to be less that 1/3 the total height of the mecha. so a 19m tall zent should fit in a 5x8x8 box. That has to be an uncomfortable ride, since he'd need to be curled up like a fetus, with his knees at his shoulders and his head between his knees....
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

AlexanderDeath wrote:Khyron/Kamjin, according to the macross series/saga was of average height for a Zentraedi - we see this clearly in the footage. In the footage there is also ample enough comparrison for sizes - I think the situation is correct in saying the Zentraedi have been miss-sized to a degree, if anything? I'd say its a ft10 +/- variation on height for any of the mecha and so forth.

You can see there are differences between the heights of Rico, Konda and Bron...but Khyron is probably taller than the standard soldier. This is the same as Breetai being taller than other Zentraedi and Dolza being even BIGGER. The average soldier/Battlepod pilot should be 25 or so feet tall.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Ok.....

Khyron is actually not 35ft tall. He's probably closer to 30ft tall and the average soldier (as I said) is probably closer to 25ft tall.

From the Macross Compendium (officially sanctioned by Big West)

Milia Fallyna Jenius (15 years old)
ミリア・ファリーナ・ジーナス
Woman with long green hair and green eyes
She is renown as the "Zentradi ace Milia" even among her male counterparts, and respected for her prowess in her powered suit. Quamzin's talk and her own desire for challenge goad her into seeking out an enemy ace pilot perhaps equal to her. This search gradually becomes an obsession as she requests to be inserted in the Macross as a spy, with the ulterior motive of confronting Max Jenius. After an unusual courtship, the two marry and have seven daughters. After Space War I, she led the Dancing Skull special forces team with Max. She also helmed the Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center as "Eagle Mother" before being elected mayor of Macross 7's City 7.
Lineage: Zentradi
Birthplace: Zentradi Clone Synthesis System
Blood Type: BZ
Height: 855 cm
Height: 171 cm (Miclone)
Weight: 6250 kg
Weight: 50 kg (Miclone)
Measurements (cm): 415-290-420
Measurements (cm): 83-58-84 (Miclone)
Family Status: Married 2010 January
Address: SDF-1 Macross; Macross City; Algenicus; Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center; Red Moon; New Macross 7, City 7
Occupation: Powered Suit Pilot; Fighter Pilot; Test Pilot; Ship Second-in-Command; Mayor
Affiliation: Zentradi; UN Spacy; City 7
Assignment: Laplamiz Fleet; SDF-1 Macross, Skull Squadron; Algenicus, Dancing Skull; Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center; Red Moon; New Macross 7, Battle 7
License: Flight License

And just to compare....here is Breetai

Vrlitwhai Kridanik (34 years old)
ブリタイ・クリダニク
Zentradi fleet commander
Vrlitwhai Kridanik was fulfilling his mission of searching for Supervision Army survivors when he encountered the ship Macross and the Humans who rebuilt it on 1999 February 7. In the resulting Space War I, he pursued the ship relentlessly, even as his orders changed with every new revelation on the Humans. His split from the Zentradi's Boddole Zer Fleet and peace treaty with Earth's United Nations helped the allied forces win the war in 2010 February 11. In the aftermath of Space War I, he helped capture a Zentradi factory satellite for the new United Nations in 2011 October. The United Nations later appointed him commander of the United Nations Spacy in 2016. As a commander type Zentradi, he possesses greater strength and endurance than the other two types, as well as the ability to survive short periods in space.
Lineage: Zentradi
Birthplace: Zentradi Clone Synthesis System
Height: 1354 [1130] cm
Weight: 16750 kg
Address: Nupetiet-Vergnitzs V VI III I, Vrlitwhai Fleet
Affiliation: Zentradi, United Nations Spacy
Assignment: Golg Main Fleet, 118th Boddole Zer Main Fleet, 67th Glruimual Class Division Vrlitwhai Branch Fleet; United Nations Spacy Command

Which...before any of you say it....his height and the height of the VF-1 in Battloid are close. From the Robotech.com Infopedia:

STATISTICS:

Designation: VF-1J
Mecha Class: Veritech fighter, aerospace capable
Crew: 1 pilot
Weight: 13.3 metric tons (dry)

BATTLOID MODE
Height: 12.7 m
Depth: 4.0 m
Breadth: 7.3 m
Max speed at all altitudes: 194 kph
Max walking speed: 160 kph

Basara_549 wrote:Zentraedi appear to be closer to the 36 foot range, in relation to VF-1 Battloids, when we see them wrestle with each other in the false battle that lured Khyron & Azonia away from where they held Kyle & Minmei - if you go by the Macross height for the VF-1, not the RPG.

Actually...the VF-1Rs in that scene appear to be hunched/bent over slightly. Its a poor excuse...but there it is! :D
Last edited by Rabid Southern Cross Fan on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Mirya,
Felame pilot
855cm? which is about.... 25 feet?
her height as a Mircon is 171 cm.
which is around 5'8"

Breetia
High command, Officer.
1354 cm, which is about 39 feet...

Ricks VF-1,

12.7 M, about 38 feet.

Seams our RPG (novels, comics, ect.) have been a bit off on the scale of things.

of Corse these are Macross stats and may not apply to robotech at all.

wolfe
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

quester wrote:This is all fascinating people, but what does it have to do with the fact that their are male and female Zentradi, segregated and may or may not be equal?

your right, think we ahould all repost this in another thread about Zent height, that will fix the problem. I blame Rabid and Stan (basara) for this mess....

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”