the horizontal monster mash

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

the horizontal monster mash

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

ok i was wondering what mutant animals could breed with humans
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

what about the pig people i mean according to cross-breeding the two species must have the same amount for chromosomes the pig people have 23 chromosomes and humans have 23 chromosomes its a matter of identifing witch animals mutated to a point of having 23 chromosomes
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

dogs and wolves can breed hense siberian huskies are part wolf
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Warmaster40k wrote:ok i was wondering what mutant animals could breed with humans

None.

Jacen Solo 5007 wrote:Hey, something I was wondering about that no crossbreeding rule...what about animals that actually *CAN* crossbreed? Such as horse and donkey mutants(I don't remember if donkeys or mules are actually in the rules or not), lion and tiger mutants, wolf and dog mutants, etc.

Rules for mules are on page 116 of AtB2. Other crossbreeds are not addressed, but you might be able to extrapolate reasonable stats from those of the parent species.

Warmaster40k wrote:what about the pig people i mean according to cross-breeding the two species must have the same amount for chromosomes the pig people have 23 chromosomes and humans have 23 chromosomes its a matter of identifing witch animals mutated to a point of having 23 chromosomes

There's a lot more to species interfertility than having the same number of chromosomes. Best brush up on your high school biology.

Warmaster40k wrote:dogs and wolves can breed hense siberian huskies are part wolf

Siberian Huskies are a distinct dog breed, not a dog-wolf hybrid. Like all domestic dogs they are descended from wolves however.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

ligers are the mules of the animal king dom but remember the animals im talking about had their genetic code completely re wrotes some gained chromosomes some lost chromosomes or were completely changed throught that wierd ass plauge that wiped out 70% of the human population
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Jacen Solo 5007 wrote:Ah. So not all hybrids are sterile, just certain kinds? I was always told all hybrids were sterile, but what about White Fang? As I recall, he was either 1/4 or 3/4 wolf, the rest dog. Also, didn't they get two ligers(lion-tigers) to successfully breed? Why are some sterile and others normal?

Male ligers are sterile, but females are not, and can successfully breed with both tigers and lions.

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Warmaster40k wrote:ligers are the mules of the animal king dom
:erm:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Male ligers are sterile, but females are not, and can successfully breed with both tigers and lions.
I never knew that! That's pretty amazing!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The shifter mouse could breed with humans....but they would only get shifter mouse offspring.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Ben Quash wrote:The shifter mouse could breed with humans....but they would only get shifter mouse offspring.

Their description says they can only duplicate other animals, not humans.

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

gunman_4life wrote:Wern't some mutant animals the result of splicing human dna with animals couldn't some of them breed with humans. on a related subject I've had several conversations with people about what differant mutants would find attractive no on I've talked to has comitted to an answear they could satisfactorily back up. lets say for example I'm a male full human looks mutant cat. I don't have perfect human looks so I have feline ish fetures would I find a female mutant cat with partial human looks or a female mutant ummm ferret with full human looks more attractive. when would the higher pb come into play if at all. its a weird minset to try to get into.

The problem is that MOST of their DNA isn't human, and that's actually one of the problems talked about in the book. Sometimes you have 2 mutant animals that look exactly the same who STILL can't breed because of the strangeness in their DNA.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Ben Quash wrote:The shifter mouse could breed with humans....but they would only get shifter mouse offspring.

Their description says they can only duplicate other animals, not humans.

ok nit picker, ;)
:p

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”