Robotech® RPG Tactics Ur pledged is...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what your Robotech® RPG Tactics

$1
No votes
$2 to $14
No votes
$15
1%
$25
No votes
$40
No votes
$70
4%
$80
6%
$130
1%
$140
28%
$260
22%
$3500
1%
$3600
No votes
did not pledged Robotech® RPG Tactics
16%
will wait
18%

Total votes: 67

Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Robotech® RPG Tactics Ur pledged is...

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
Sgt Anjay wrote:That's what had me thinking at first also. Also, the new sizing chart is out, and the new figure on it looks very Southern Crossy.

comparison with a standard 32mm scale hobby game piece

The one on the top row is not a Robotech miniature but just there to provide scale.

Thanks for the info!

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Armored Valk is what I'm thinking....

Nope, Super Veritech.
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

They confirmed it is the Super VF... $35 for two, only four game pieces as they didn't include its guardian/gerwalk mode.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

übermensch
D-Bee
Comment: Your not as think as you smart you are.

Unread post by übermensch »

rtsurfer wrote:They confirmed it is the Super VF... $35 for two, only four game pieces as they didn't include its guardian/gerwalk mode.

It includes all three modes, 6 pieces total for $35. They just didn't include gerwalk or some reason. No art? Too crowded? ND had stated it's all 3 modes for the Supers though.

"Pack is for two, complete Super Valkyries in all three modes.

–Ninjas!"
Akashic Soldier wrote:I'm sorry über.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Really looking forward to that!
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

WOW Super VF add i went to $520 now and later female Z suits plus new uedf units as well
let hope they reach the point to be painted
uedf force
http://damommasboyz.com/sodapop/rtsquad ... e-org.html

zentraedi force
http://damommasboyz.com/sodapop/rtsquad ... e-org.html
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Epic update is epic...I was not expecting Lancer fighters and was starting to wonder about Zent leg infantry troops and the VF-1R
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

Glad ND clarified that all 3 modes are included. The mystery Valk probably is a VF-1R, but could it be the trainer? I wouldn't mind them doing the Orguss Battloid.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Sgt Anjay
Hero

The shadow is the exact same outline as the VF-1R battloid pic in the Macross Saga sourcebook, so pretty sure thats it
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Alpha 11
Palladin

I'm still wandering how much more I can put into this.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

They can put anything in, that shows up on the 85 episode footage.
Alpha 11
Palladin

:shock: If I want to get everything that I do, I might end up spending $400+ more. I just have to wait though, unfortinitly.
Hastati
D-Bee

Unread post by Hastati »

Updated my pledge to Showdown level. The number of mecha is huge for the money. Very good value in my opinion.
übermensch
D-Bee

Tiree wrote:They can put anything in, that shows up on the 85 episode footage.

Except for some odd licensing reason they can't include the Cat's Eye AWACS. C'est la vie.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

übermensch wrote:

Except for some odd licensing reason they can't include the Cat's Eye AWACS. C'est la vie.

Their ability to use material from the animation itself does seem to be limited, but why is somewhat unclear.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

I am pledged technically for $1040.00. Only about $35.00 is my money though, the rest is my friends' who is in on this project with me!
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Steve Carroll wrote:I am pledged technically for $1040.00. Only about $35.00 is my money though, the rest is my friends' who is in on this project with me!

Nice to have friends like that.

Seto Kaiba wrote:
übermensch wrote:

Their ability to use material from the animation itself does seem to be limited, but why is somewhat unclear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you said when this started that it wasn't going to go well. Do you still think that? With $672,255 and 3,143 backers as of this post, it seems to be doing very well, and from what I've heard, one of the better KS to date. Could this help bring Robotech back a little, if not a lot?
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Alpha 11 wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you said when this started that it wasn't going to go well. Do you still think that? With $672,255 and 3,143 backers as of this post, it seems to be doing very well, and from what I've heard, one of the better KS to date.

First, the definition of "doing well" is a rather flexible thing where Robotech is concerned. The franchise has a habit of setting the metaphorical bar so low that it's a trip hazard in Satan's sub-basement, because its achievements are a lot less impressive when viewed in context. To give an example, that the Shadow Chronicles won an award for best animated sci-fi feature at a film festival only sounds impressive until you notice it was the only entrant in its category. Any Toynami Masterpiece Collection toy was considered to be a success if it sold half of its aggressively small limited edition run.

Now, is the Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter a success in terms of it meeting or exceeding its own self-set goals for fund-raising? Yes. I'll give it that. It set realistic goals for itself and achieved them. Has it performed beyond what we'd expect from the average Robotech merchandise item? No, it hasn't. The amount of cash looks impressive, but what we should be looking at is the number of backers. The trend we're seeing is exactly what we'd expect to see from any RT project... a very small group of long-time fans, who are simply adding to their existing pledges. If we were seeing 10,000, 25,000, or more backers... even if they were only making the minimum pledge... THAT would be something significant. It's not really growing the brand of raising awareness of the game if the only backers are people who are part of the shrinking die-hard fanbase who'll pay for any old thing with the word Robotech on it.

Alpha 11 wrote:Could this help bring Robotech back a little, if not a lot?

The Kickstarter, on its own? No, for the reasons stated above. If the RPG Tactics game actually took off? Yes. But with only 3,000 backers worldwide, I wouldn't be optimistic about the game's lifespan.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
übermensch
D-Bee

If it breaks a million it will be considered successful in its genre (Kickstarted tabletop games). In fact, it will be in the Top 5 if it goes a little over $925k.

http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/cat ... pundefined

Edit: Heck, it's already in the Top 10 and there's 8 days left!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you said when this started that it wasn't going to go well. Do you still think that? With $672,255 and 3,143 backers as of this post, it seems to be doing very well, and from what I've heard, one of the better KS to date.

First, the definition of "doing well" is a rather flexible thing where Robotech is concerned. The franchise has a habit of setting the metaphorical bar so low that it's a trip hazard in Satan's sub-basement, because its achievements are a lot less impressive when viewed in context. To give an example, that the Shadow Chronicles won an award for best animated sci-fi feature at a film festival only sounds impressive until you notice it was the only entrant in its category. Any Toynami Masterpiece Collection toy was considered to be a success if it sold half of its aggressively small limited edition run.

Now, is the Robotech RPG Tactics Kickstarter a success in terms of it meeting or exceeding its own self-set goals for fund-raising? Yes. I'll give it that. It set realistic goals for itself and achieved them. Has it performed beyond what we'd expect from the average Robotech merchandise item? No, it hasn't. The amount of cash looks impressive, but what we should be looking at is the number of backers. The trend we're seeing is exactly what we'd expect to see from any RT project... a very small group of long-time fans, who are simply adding to their existing pledges. If we were seeing 10,000, 25,000, or more backers... even if they were only making the minimum pledge... THAT would be something significant. It's not really growing the brand of raising awareness of the game if the only backers are people who are part of the shrinking die-hard fanbase who'll pay for any old thing with the word Robotech on it.

Alpha 11 wrote:Could this help bring Robotech back a little, if not a lot?

The Kickstarter, on its own? No, for the reasons stated above. If the RPG Tactics game actually took off? Yes. But with only 3,000 backers worldwide, I wouldn't be optimistic about the game's lifespan.

Well, I was more talking about the game in general. The game bring people into Robotech. The game looks well done from what I've seen of it. Though I also will say that my experice in table top games like this is limited.
Alpha 11
Palladin

übermensch wrote:If it breaks a million it will be considered successful in its genre (Kickstarted tabletop games). In fact, it will be in the Top 5 if it goes a little over $925k.

http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/cat ... pundefined

Edit: Heck, it's already in the Top 10 and there's 8 days left!

8th place so far. I say it has a good chance of getting into the top 5 also.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Alpha 11 wrote:Well, I was more talking about the game in general. The game bring people into Robotech. The game looks well done from what I've seen of it. [...]

In all honesty, I don't think it will.

I've been a tabletop gamer for a long time now, and I've been in the anime hobby for almost as long. What my experience is telling me is that, just like the Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles "movie", the Robotech RPG Tactics game is just not something that has any significant appeal for an audience outside of the existing Robotech fanbase. Outside of its very small niche fanbase and the larger fanbases that've been screwed over because of it, Robotech has basically just been forgotten. As competently as the miniatures have been sculpted, RPG Tactics is a game that doesn't have a "hook" to draw in potential players who aren't part of the shrinking Robotech fanbase. Without something to set it apart from all the other SF tabletop games, it's not going to have any staying power... and we all know that the Masters Saga stuff won't sell worth a damn anyway.

übermensch
D-Bee

Ah, Seto-san still spreading sunshine, I see :)

Have you seen nothing in the Kickstarter that intrigues you? Lancer II? Ghost fighters? True they aren't yet officially unveiled but it's only a matter of time. One is eligible to purchase add-ons by backing at the lowest tier ($15).
Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Well, I was more talking about the game in general. The game bring people into Robotech. The game looks well done from what I've seen of it. [...]

In all honesty, I don't think it will.

I've been a tabletop gamer for a long time now, and I've been in the anime hobby for almost as long. What my experience is telling me is that, just like the Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles "movie", the Robotech RPG Tactics game is just not something that has any significant appeal for an audience outside of the existing Robotech fanbase. Outside of its very small niche fanbase and the larger fanbases that've been screwed over because of it, Robotech has basically just been forgotten. As competently as the miniatures have been sculpted, RPG Tactics is a game that doesn't have a "hook" to draw in potential players who aren't part of the shrinking Robotech fanbase. Without something to set it apart from all the other SF tabletop games, it's not going to have any staying power... and we all know that the Masters Saga stuff won't sell worth a damn anyway.

So what would it take then, in your eyes, what would get Robotech going again? As for the rest of the giant robots, I wish I was a millionare. I'd buy them all, Battletech, Heavy Gear, WH40K, Transformers, and the big action figure Gundams. I love them all!
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

übermensch wrote:Ah, Seto-san still spreading sunshine, I see :)

Have you seen nothing in the Kickstarter that intrigues you? Lancer II? Ghost fighters? True they aren't yet officially unveiled but it's only a matter of time. One is eligible to purchase add-ons by backing at the lowest tier ($15).

Why spend money now?

When I can buy the whole set off of Ebay including extra's for 20 bucks in about 5 years. :D
Seto Kaiba
Knight

I'm actually quite upbeat. One of the most liberating things about being a pessimist is that you're always prepared for the worst if it happens, and the rest of the time you get to be pleasantly surprised when things don't turn out as bad as you'd thought. :-D

Whether this is "I told you so" or "I'm happy to be wrong" remains to be seen... but it's looking more like the former than the latter now.

übermensch wrote:Have you seen nothing in the Kickstarter that intrigues you? Lancer II? Ghost fighters? True they aren't yet officially unveiled but it's only a matter of time. One is eligible to purchase add-ons by backing at the lowest tier ($15).

Thus far, not really... pretty much everything they have on offer, I already have in a slightly larger scale (1/250) or am not really interested in. I stand by what I said about posters and wallscrolls, however, and remain ready to chip in once those I'd previously indicated become available. The scale'll probably be out on the Lancer II and Ghost anyway, since Harmony Gold got the official sizes wrong for those two... (the Ghost is actually HUGE, like 20m long, the Lancer is smaller than a VF-1).

Alpha 11 wrote:So what would it take then, in your eyes, what would get Robotech going again?

Yeesh... now there's a question with no right answer. How does one breathe life into a stillborn franchise?

Rebooting the original series isn't an option for legal reasons, and any movie is bound by the same restrictions whether it's live action or animated. Attempts to get the original series back on the air in North America haven't borne fruit, as it ends up shoved in a nobody-will-even-be-awake-for-this crack of dawn timeslot because it doesn't get good ratings. All of the various tries at continuing the story of the series have met with failure. Robotech didn't really make an impression in its brief flirtation with video games either, and the tabletop game presently lacks anything to make it stand out in a crowd that's full of very similar games.

Hm...

Well... if anything, I'd say that the only real way to break Robotech out of the death spiral it's been in since '86 is to have a new series that turns out to be a runaway success. The odds of this happening are pretty much zero, as Harmony Gold's oft-reiterated policy is that they'll only consider developing a new series after they have an episode commitment for that series from a network, which is something networks only give after they've seen a developed proposal or a pilot. The management at Harmony Gold would really need to change (or change their practices), and the new series they developed would need to be an all-new, all-original series and an absolute runaway hit in order to reverse the damage the franchise's handlers inflicted on it over the past 25 years. After they built some serious brand awareness, THEN they could expect to have some enduring success with a tabletop game based on that new series. They need that success so they can finally break themselves out of the rut of peddling small quantities of merch to the shrinking fanbase they have now. There isn't much chance that what they're doing now has a future, because it only appeals to that shrinking and increasingly disillusioned fanbase.

Alpha 11 wrote:As for the rest of the giant robots, I wish I was a millionare. I'd buy them all, Battletech, Heavy Gear, WH40K, Transformers, and the big action figure Gundams. I love them all!

Eh, if you know where to shop you don't need to knock over a bank to indulge in some giant robots. Moderation is key tho, because international shipping is brutally expensive. I stick mostly to Macross stuff and my Warhammer/WH40K hobby.

übermensch
D-Bee

Seto Kaiba wrote:

I'm actually quite upbeat. One of the most liberating things about being a pessimist is that you're always prepared for the worst if it happens, and the rest of the time you get to be pleasantly surprised when things don't turn out as bad as you'd thought. :-D

Whether this is "I told you so" or "I'm happy to be wrong" remains to be seen... but it's looking more like the former than the latter now.

übermensch wrote:Have you seen nothing in the Kickstarter that intrigues you? Lancer II? Ghost fighters? True they aren't yet officially unveiled but it's only a matter of time. One is eligible to purchase add-ons by backing at the lowest tier ($15).

Thus far, not really... pretty much everything they have on offer, I already have in a slightly larger scale (1/250) or am not really interested in. I stand by what I said about posters and wallscrolls, however, and remain ready to chip in once those I'd previously indicated become available. The scale'll probably be out on the Lancer II and Ghost anyway, since Harmony Gold got the official sizes wrong for those two... (the Ghost is actually HUGE, like 20m long, the Lancer is smaller than a VF-1).

I received word that adding the 2nd edition cover art was presented to Kevin. No word on whether twill actually happen.

Was the Ghost always unmanned? If so, is it more autonomous like a robot or a simple drone with a human operator remotely controlling?
Seto Kaiba
Knight

übermensch wrote:I received word that adding the 2nd edition cover art was presented to Kevin. No word on whether twill actually happen.

Hey, even getting it to Kevin is something, right? I'm still waiting on a reply to a question I sent in like two years ago. :lol:

übermensch wrote:Was the Ghost always unmanned? If so, is it more autonomous like a robot or a simple drone with a human operator remotely controlling?

Yeah, the Ghost was always an unmanned fighter. There is, however, a manned conversion of one that appears in the side story Macross 7 Trash. It belongs to Lt. Hoyer, who uses it fly Shiba Midou around the fleet in one volume. It's huge enough that its cockpit is fairly roomy, and has a side-by-side seating arrangement. The standard, unmanned military model from the first space war era is kind of bridging the gap between autonomous operation and simple drone control, that unit operates kind of like the FRX-00 in Yukikaze... you give it directions to the target area and tell it what it's allowed to engage and what kind of tactics to use, then turn it loose. Stable, fully autonomous, unpredictable AI was a big thing in development of its successor, the QF-4000.

Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

I pledged 140. The models look good, the game play from the vid looked pretty cool as well. If nothing else then it will be just one more miniature game I have. And I do mean one of many.

I hope it does well. I would love me some of the other era models.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
übermensch
D-Bee

Tiree wrote:

Why spend money now?

When I can buy the whole set off of Ebay including extra's for 20 bucks in about 5 years. :D

That's certainly an option. Maybe I'll have half my minis painted by the time you're buying in :)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Alpha 11 wrote:So what would it take then, in your eyes, what would get Robotech going again?

Yeesh... now there's a question with no right answer. How does one breathe life into a stillborn franchise?

Rebooting the original series isn't an option for legal reasons, and any movie is bound by the same restrictions whether it's live action or animated. Attempts to get the original series back on the air in North America haven't borne fruit, as it ends up shoved in a nobody-will-even-be-awake-for-this crack of dawn timeslot because it doesn't get good ratings. All of the various tries at continuing the story of the series have met with failure. Robotech didn't really make an impression in its brief flirtation with video games either, and the tabletop game presently lacks anything to make it stand out in a crowd that's full of very similar games.

Hm...

Well... if anything, I'd say that the only real way to break Robotech out of the death spiral it's been in since '86 is to have a new series that turns out to be a runaway success. The odds of this happening are pretty much zero, as Harmony Gold's oft-reiterated policy is that they'll only consider developing a new series after they have an episode commitment for that series from a network, which is something networks only give after they've seen a developed proposal or a pilot. The management at Harmony Gold would really need to change (or change their practices), and the new series they developed would need to be an all-new, all-original series and an absolute runaway hit in order to reverse the damage the franchise's handlers inflicted on it over the past 25 years. After they built some serious brand awareness, THEN they could expect to have some enduring success with a tabletop game based on that new series. They need that success so they can finally break themselves out of the rut of peddling small quantities of merch to the shrinking fanbase they have now. There isn't much chance that what they're doing now has a future, because it only appeals to that shrinking and increasingly disillusioned fanbase.

Alpha 11 wrote:As for the rest of the giant robots, I wish I was a millionare. I'd buy them all, Battletech, Heavy Gear, WH40K, Transformers, and the big action figure Gundams. I love them all!

Eh, if you know where to shop you don't need to knock over a bank to indulge in some giant robots. Moderation is key tho, because international shipping is brutally expensive. I stick mostly to Macross stuff and my Warhammer/WH40K hobby.

For the first part, ya, it seems at time they aren't even trying. Are they trying?

As for the second, ya your right. Moderation is the key. I need to get a little more of it.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

übermensch wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Why spend money now?

That's certainly an option. Maybe I'll have half my minis painted by the time you're buying in :)

Don't worry - Mine will be all painted by then :D
übermensch
D-Bee

Tiree wrote:
übermensch wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Why spend money now?

Lucky.

Oh, there is the bit about profits from the Kickstarter going toward book production. It would be really awesome if they could resurrect the Big Book of Ships. [cue Seto Kaiba to post about how Big Book of Ships is deader than road kill. That's what resurrection is all about Seto-san; bringing back the dead!]
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Tiree wrote: Don't worry - Mine will be all painted by then :D

if I may
hum are they painted right already ??
i am going for showdown and add 260 more for addtinal units maybe add 260 more to get them all
or are you gonna painted them ???
do we we need to glue them too????
Sgt Anjay
Hero

They do need assembled and they are unpainted.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

übermensch wrote:
Tiree wrote:
übermensch wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Why spend money now?

Lucky.

Remember - I am buying all mine used for 20 bucks and getting all the same ones you have!
übermensch
D-Bee

Tiree wrote:
übermensch wrote:Lucky.

Remember - I am buying all mine used for 20 bucks and getting all the same ones you have!

Maybe you'll be buying mine after they've been thoroughly abused. On the battlefield.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

übermensch wrote:
Tiree wrote:
übermensch wrote:Lucky.

Maybe you'll be buying mine after they've been thoroughly abused. On the battlefield.

Probably! Aftermarket Mini's rock!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Sgt Anjay wrote:They do need assembled and they are unpainted.
AH NUTS !!!!!
grrrr I hope they bring glue this is my second broad game
what type of glue ???
the first was battle tech one set of card broad back in the day
this is my first true how to assemble does glue come with this ???
Seto Kaiba
Knight

übermensch wrote:Oh, there is the bit about profits from the Kickstarter going toward book production. It would be really awesome if they could resurrect the Big Book of Ships. [cue Seto Kaiba to post about how Big Book of Ships is deader than road kill. That's what resurrection is all about Seto-san; bringing back the dead!]

Colonel Wolfe and I campaigned to get that book uncanceled, actually... one of the few things he and I agreed upon wholeheartedly. Sadly, nothing came of it, despite having a translator from the Macross Mecha Manual offering to write the bloody thing. Maybe the profits from the game (if there are any) will go towards getting their release schedule in line, or at least updating the format from the antiquated black-and-white two-column format.

Tiree's probably got a point about being able to grab the entire set, already assembled and painted, on eBay for cheap after the game goes belly-up tho.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
übermensch wrote:Oh, there is the bit about profits from the Kickstarter going toward book production. It would be really awesome if they could resurrect the Big Book of Ships. [cue Seto Kaiba to post about how Big Book of Ships is deader than road kill. That's what resurrection is all about Seto-san; bringing back the dead!]

Colonel Wolfe and I campaigned to get that book uncanceled, actually... one of the few things he and I agreed upon wholeheartedly. Sadly, nothing came of it, despite having a translator from the Macross Mecha Manual offering to write the bloody thing. Maybe the profits from the game (if there are any) will go towards getting their release schedule in line, or at least updating the format from the antiquated black-and-white two-column format.

Tiree's probably got a point about being able to grab the entire set, already assembled and painted, on eBay for cheap after the game goes belly-up tho.

:D Sorry, but I'll continue to be deluded and think positively about the game. Though I would be stupid to think it could not happen. As for the book of ships, I'm still behind it.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Even if the game didn't go belly-up used minis find their way to eBay. There's no automatic negative connotation to that.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sgt Anjay wrote:Even if the game didn't go belly-up used minis find their way to eBay. There's no automatic negative connotation to that.

True, I've also heard that this is helping out Palladium directly, in that more people are coming by and buying books. New customers. Don't know how many, but any increase is good.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

dont have it on the list but did a 60 dollar pledge
new dawn level and another 45 for add on pieces
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Fat_Ninja
D-Bee
Comment: Quando omni flunkus moritati

Unread post by Fat_Ninja »

I've been at the $140 level since day one. Right now I am looking at topping out at $300 that I can't really spend.

Looks like some of my other minis are finally going to hit e-bay so I can afford some hot Robotech action.
Save the taxpayer, save the world.
Darling... I don't have to answer to you. I'm Batman!
MIAFI! DIARC! KCSGWIH!
Talmonis wrote:I'll make this all easier and end it here. Repeat after me: "Tal is just a dirty commie who wants to take our guns away".
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Sgt Anjay wrote:Even if the game didn't go belly-up used minis find their way to eBay. There's no automatic negative connotation to that.

Ain't that the truth. I bolstered my Space Marines with Assault on Black Reach models for sick cheap. Also there is BarterTown.com where people buy and sell miniatures all the time. The Dark Vengeance was offered by the truckload on B-town when it first came out.

Given that this game is not even out and earning a million dollars in a months time shows a heavy amount of interest in the game. So it would be a fair assumption that once people get it in their hands and start to play with their friends even more love will come to the game.

Plus most people will just buy it to have the models to assemble and paint and display. I know that is why I have my Rackham minis.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Janus wrote:Given that this game is not even out and earning a million dollars in a months time shows a heavy amount of interest in the game. [...]

No, it really doesn't. If you only look at the total amount pledged and nothing else, it's easy enough to come away with the mistaken impression that there is significant interest in the game. Taking that number in context with the number of pledges itself, we see something rather different. Namely, we're seeing exactly what we'd expect to see from Robotech's sales of merchandise... a very small number of people, throwing progressively larger sums of money at it.

Looking back at the Kickstarter's progress in terms of pledge value vs. number of people pledging, we see that the average pledge value is climbing FAR faster than the number of people pledging. This trend is so pronounced it's actually observable in real-time... what's climbing isn't the number of contributors (which is fairly small, but about where we'd expect a RT title to be), it's the size of the average donation, which is up more than 50%* from when I first started tracking its growth back on the 19th of last month, and grew at least 1.5x as fast as the number of contributors.

* $242/ea, up from $160 on the 19th, a 51.25% increase.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Janus wrote:Given that this game is not even out and earning a million dollars in a months time shows a heavy amount of interest in the game. [...]

No, it really doesn't. If you only look at the total amount pledged and nothing else, it's easy enough to come away with the mistaken impression that there is significant interest in the game. Taking that number in context with the number of pledges itself, we see something rather different. Namely, we're seeing exactly what we'd expect to see from Robotech's sales of merchandise... a very small number of people, throwing progressively larger sums of money at it.

Looking back at the Kickstarter's progress in terms of pledge value vs. number of people pledging, we see that the average pledge value is climbing FAR faster than the number of people pledging. This trend is so pronounced it's actually observable in real-time... what's climbing isn't the number of contributors (which is fairly small, but about where we'd expect a RT title to be), it's the size of the average donation, which is up more than 50%* from when I first started tracking its growth back on the 19th of last month, and grew at least 1.5x as fast as the number of contributors.

The last 5 days have seen a mark increase in people pledging. Not saying you are completely wrong, but maybe that the group of people interested might be a little bigger then you think.
übermensch
D-Bee

Seto Kaiba wrote:

Compared to other Kickstarted tabletop games (the only fair comparison at this point), Tactics is performing very well.

Your pledge per backer analysis doesn't hold water when you look at the top Kickstarted mini games. Zombicide Season 2 averaged over $250 per backer. Kingdom Death achieved a crazy $379 per backer. So while your point could be valid, it's more likely that Tactics is following a pattern observed in other popular Kickstarters. There weren't many add-ons to purchase in the beginning and now there are scads.

I formally give you permission to be happy at the success of the Tactics Kickstarter. Come on in, the water's fine :)
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

holy cow

4,358Backers
$1,080,703 pledged of $70,000 goal
24 hours to go

Now that we have unlocked the vast majority of the traditional mecha from the Macross Saga, we know you're all anxiously awaiting the experimental mecha we have teased.

Before we do that, we'd like to pay homage to the SDF-1. This mighty battle fortress is the heart and soul of Robotech. In that spirit we have two special SDF-1 themed stretch goals.

The first is a resin base pack. Many battles in Robotech take place above, around, and even on the SDF-1. This base pack will be designed to look like the top decking of the SDF-1, so that you can fully immerse yourself in these epic battles. The resin base pack will contain 12x 40mm and 3x 50mm, resin SDF-1 Bases.

The next is a Kickstarter and Convention Exclusive resin SDF-1 Battle Fortress. Display your Robotech pride with this incredible collector's SDF-1 Battle Fortress!

EVERY boxed game has now been upgraded with plastic Command Point Tokens. 10x UEDF Tokens & 10x Zentraedi Tokens.

If you're playing larger battles you can buy additional token packs for $10 each.

what the hell they mean by this i went higher 620 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plastic Command Point Tokens????????????
huh ????
Alpha 11
Palladin

I've now updated to Showdown with add ons. $614. When comparing with add on's to Battle Cry, this come out looking better.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”