Hybrid thread

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Hybrid thread

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Let me ask you folks a question: What would be your favorite Hybrid to see? By Hybrid, I'm talking about things like a Tiger-Dog or a Human-Tiger-Lion Hybrid.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Hybrid thread

Unread post by Nightmask »

Humanoid bunny-tigers
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

OH.. I thought you mean hybrids of existing species that are capable of breeding, or are at least really close. Ligers, Tigons, Wolf-dogs, coyote-dogs, Beefalo, Mules, Zorses.
I make up my own hybrids. I'll take 2 species of a similar animal (in my case the Alpine -cold mountainous dweller and Nubian-hot desert dweller Ibex) and mush them together. So now I have an Ibex that can survive well in both hot or cold climates. Maybe you could combine Camels and Llama's or ..well I don't know. But I'd make the animals at least related somewhat closely on the taxonomic tree.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Well, Camels and Llama's are actually in the Geraffid family, making them actually able to mate and bare offspring. But what I was thinking of is something that could be hybred and made so that they too could have children.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

Sharkquids....half shark, half squid much more dangerous the the Sharktopus or a Piranacondas. If it had to be real Molly Mule and Belgin horse... Maybe be the Liger of horses.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I think that I already did that awhile ago, Hollow. Although the Pirahanaconda sounds like an interesting idea.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Maybe a rat-bat?

Are you looking for more chimaera type creatures like out of mythologies? Or just strange combinations?
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

All three. Besides, I wanted to start this thread up so as to help people get idea's for new creations. I now that I've got pleanty on my plate as is with doing up stats for prehistoric critters and such on my thread.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Hmm, what about a creature that is part elephant/part sawfish/part octopus. And humanoid. So it's about the size of a adult elephant, has the head & saw of the sawfish, and the tentacles of a octopus in place of 'arms'.

Sounds like a nightmare creature to me. Add to it the sonar ability of a bat to make it something you truly don't want to bump into in a dark alleyway at night.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

And maybe add the mind of a dog, making it a loyal creature. But your idea IS an interesting concept.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

CyCo wrote:Hmm, what about a creature that is part elephant/part sawfish/part octopus. And humanoid. So it's about the size of a adult elephant, has the head & saw of the sawfish, and the tentacles of a octopus in place of 'arms'.

Sounds like a nightmare creature to me. Add to it the sonar ability of a bat to make it something you truly don't want to bump into in a dark alleyway at night.

Which part is the humanoid part?

Sawfish head and bill/beak/whatever
Elephant body
Octopus tentacles in place of legs

Right?

Where does the humanoid part come in?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
CyCo wrote:Hmm, what about a creature that is part elephant/part sawfish/part octopus. And humanoid. So it's about the size of a adult elephant, has the head & saw of the sawfish, and the tentacles of a octopus in place of 'arms'.

Which part is the humanoid part?

Sawfish head and bill/beak/whatever
Elephant body
Octopus tentacles in place of legs

Right?

Where does the humanoid part come in?

Factoid: The saw/nose/bill of a sawfish is called a Rostrum.

Yeah, you got it right. I'm thinking that the elephant body portion (including back legs) of the nightmare beast is the humanoid part. So it has some stout pillar like legs and body, like an elephant, but it's standing up on those rear legs. Then where the fore legs would be (the 'arms'), you would place the tentacles. I'm thinking just one large one per side, but you could place a cluster of them if you wanted to. Then it's head is that of a sawfish, including that rostrum. Apparently the sawfish can grow up past 20 feet!

I imagine that it hunts down it's prey (more likely an opportunistic predator, normally a scavenger), and catches it in the tentacles. Then it draws the prey in close, where it then thrashes it's head side to side to stun/kill it's prey.

Hell, give them the chameleons ability to change it's skin tone...but that's probably getting to powerful. lol
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”