?? Dimension Book : DRAGONWORLD ??

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

?? Dimension Book : DRAGONWORLD ??

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Dimension Book : DRAGONWORLD

Its something I believe Palladium has needed for a long while now.
It should be a Setting where the majority of players will be playing Dragons of somekind.
The Setting should include the common Dragon Breeds we know and love, plus many many new breeds we have not seen yet.
The book should include a Random Roll Dragon builder Table for building new Dragon Breeds of our own. Hey my group thinks its a great idea.
True Dragons, Almost Dragons, Primative Dragons. And hey why not, Dinosaurs to fight.

The World does not have to include a Dragon Society on the Planet. Its just a place were many Dragon Breeds come to to relax, breed, etc...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Armorlord
Hero

Re: ?? Dimension Book : DRAGONWORLD ??

Unread post by Armorlord »

They don't have a book, but they do have a world like that.
Troud.
See page 331 of the Rifts Game Master Guide, item #99.

I still hold that they had to of had something to do with the City of Dragons on Rifts Earth.
Even ignoring that, there's still the issue of an advance army of shocktrooper dragons roaming around.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I'd be interested to see a Dragons of the Megaverse Sourcebook that consolidates all of the published dragon material and expands on it. A dimension book seems excessive to me.

Some of the questions I'd like to see addressed include:
Who's really running the dragonwright?
How much do shared memories impact behavior?
Do dragons get together and reminisce about crap that happened before they were hatched?
Do the fight over grudges dating back half a million years?
Who are some of the dragons that have made themselves immortal? What are their objectives?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is to my understanding that the different types of dragons are different Races, not breeds.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Love it, most of what I'd want to see has been mentioned so this is a bump
TechnoGothic
Knight

Armorlord wrote:They don't have a book, but they do have a world like that.
Troud.
See page 331 of the Rifts Game Master Guide, item #99.

I still hold that they had to of had something to do with the City of Dragons on Rifts Earth.
Even ignoring that, there's still the issue of an advance army of shocktrooper dragons roaming around.

Good Eye and memory Armorlord.

--------
--------

Yeah we need more types of Dragons. Alot more.
The Classics D&G Dragons are a must of course, then Japan, Psyscape, Canada, RUE...Plus we ones based off Old Dragon Art we have seen in the books.

I mean, just look at some of the Artwork in D&G alone. Dragons with no arms ? Just wings and legs ? I want to know their type, etc... Then look at some of the NPC dragons of unknown dragon breeds. Apepi, his type of Dragon looks cool enough to play. I want to see it written up at last. What type of Dragons are the 4 main Dragonwright God-dragons ? They do not seem to fall into any certain types based on their abilities. Well, Zandragal might be a Fire Dragon originally. I'd like to know for sure.

Yes the Dragonwright should be expanded on for Megaversal reasons. The True Church of Dragonwright and the False Cult of Dragonwright (rifts earth).
How would the False Styphonal react if Zandragal arrived one day ? It would be great if she beat him up for playing god-dragon.

What If we saw the Rifts Dragonwright Pantheon grow with Offical God-Dragons joining ?
What if Rifts' Dragonwright saw Apepi, Quetzalcoatl, Vrita, Join the Pantheon on Rifts Earth ?
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

My group and I are going to be playing an All Dragon game soon. On a World kinda like Palladium Fantasy but we plan on traveling the Megaverse exploring and adventureing.

Everyone wanted to play a Chaing-ku until i told them, Metamorphing to stay hidden wont matter. Cause i want the Dragons as Dragons in the game, not always pretending to be human, elf, dwarf, etc... Told them, Be a Dragon and proud of it...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

Man this thread got me laughing…

It’s not because of the idea (I like the idea, although it might be more feasible as a section in a general book of parallel dimensions) but because it sent me back to my first Rifts game (ugh… 22 years ago).

My first character was an irascible Headhunter with just a cyber-arm and the heaviest weapon he had was an NG-Super Laser Pistol and Grenade launcher… The reason this is is important, is because he used to get into verbal sparing matches with an adolescent dragon (I think he was an Ice Dragon). Our characters almost went to blows and shooting a couple of times (guess who would have lost). Now this Dragon had come from a dimensional “world of dragons,” and was offered return to his world as payment for his part in the completion of the mission. Well we won, and the scaly jack wagon took me with him. So endith that particular game.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

I would love to see a dimension book that covers a world dominated by dragons. What is their history? How does their society function? Politics? Craft? Views on other dimensions or visitors to their world? All kinds of cool fluff could be written on such a world along with crunch about various dragon types. Plus, a dimension book could take advantage of an aspect of Rifts that I feel is under used. For a game about rifts and other dimensions, not many dimension books have been published. All my humble opinion, of course.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Would it be the dragon home world?
Do all types of dragons come from the same world?
Do they put aside the aparent hatred for each other on this world, or does something on this world make them do so....like the dragon gods enforce a sorta play nice or be gone law?
do they make up 51%+ of the worlds population or are they more like 20% with 50% slaves/servents 30% other magical super natrual types (temporal raiders, sphinx, flying turtles, godlings, promtheans, lizard mages....etc.)
cities? or wilderness for the most part?
mdc? sdc?
hard to get to diminsion? or is it a nexus to alot of world? (center,hades,hell,earth,palladium....ect)
Does Toth hang out?
Do they have a dragon lead and staffed army?, space armada? 100k force of dragon juicers?
laws against tech?
any magics outlawed?

All good questions.

Id figure no army, very spread out cities heavy woods/wilderness, 10% perment population,15% dragon transient population, the rest slaves and other diminsion hoping races. couple dozen pyrmids, mdc world.
I dought they would bar any non world destroying magics. (no summoning demon planets or Alien intels..vampires destroyed on site)
id lower the price of spells 30% for lv10 and below spells, common magic items 50% off , one heck of a diminsional market.
I'd make it hard to get to, I would make it a bubble universe, maybe 5 moons and the planet and a sun....for ease of writing really.
dont know if I would force by an external force peace...maybe just a M.A.D. ideal.
internal monatary sytem id make "rune coins" no real power just last for ever and not breakable.....1 coin, equals about 50k rifts credits or so.
no laws other than civility and the rule of power be it money, violence, knowledge or what not.
in all arguments age usaly wins....elder dragons are righter than adults, adults trump hatchlings, hatchlings beat slaves, others based of conections and power.
all gods/pantheons know of it, most A.I.'s do too.

Im rambling....hehehehe
TechnoGothic
Knight

While reading D&G again i noticed a few things.

It says Dragons love Technology in general. Which is cool. So Dragons like technology, Possess Psionics, Possess magics, etc... So shouldnt Dragons be masters of Techno-Wizardry ?

Think of it. RIFTS Earth may just be the first place they taught Techno-Wizardry to others to help mankind survive the Chaos Earth period. We know several Dragons were on Earth before Chaos Earth hiding as humans. So what if the fabled "Dragonworld" happened to be a place of Techno-Wizard wonder where Technology and Magic and maybe even Psionics have been joined together.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think it will be a Great idea.
It will have rules on making Dragon race,so people can have unique Dragon characters but ther only Npc,A Playing one would be far too powerful.
ther can be New Dragon abillities.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Ohh i colored this, makes it pop out more...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/ ... oredAb.jpg
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

We might be starting our game based on this idea Today or tomarrow.
I'm going to start it involving the Church of Dragonwright. Which get "invaded" by Dragons from "Dragonworld" looking for wayward Dragons.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”