HU Powers Index

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kmspade
Explorer

HU Powers Index

Unread post by kmspade »

The question is...is there such a thing?

I don't mean the random list at the end of PU3, but something like it, only alphabetical with book and page numbers? Has anyone made one or know of one?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: HU Powers Index

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Nothing like that has been created that I know of, not alphabetical or with page numbers.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

kittenstomp's random tables of doom has a complete list of the powers, to include the book they are in. it isn't alphabetical and doesn't give page numbers, but it's a start.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Severus Snape wrote:kittenstomp's random tables of doom has a complete list of the powers, to include the book they are in. it isn't alphabetical and doesn't give page numbers, but it's a start.

And said table can be found here: Kittenstomp's Random Tables of Doom
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Excellent! Thanks for all the help guys! I think just knowing what book they come from will probably be enough for now. The books table of contents will provide the page number easily enough.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

This thread has gotten me to thinking. I wonder if it would be possible to convince PB to "rearrange" the books. Put all the Power Categories in one book, all the powers in another book, and the rest of the rules in a third book (skills, combat, etc.)? Is this an idea that anybody thinks would fly (no pun intended)?
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

The only problem I see with that would be that you would need a minimum of those three books to play the game. And we'd have to re-buy them all.

As it is now, HU2 is playable with only the main book and some imagination. (Unlike BTS2, which is missing magic and monsters, two key elements of that game. :x ) So think of it this way, what would happen if they released a HU book with all the power categories in it, and never produced the powers book or the rules book? Could you play the game? What if there was only the rule book, and no powers category or powers book, same question?

I think the main book for every game should provide the bare basics to play the game stand alone. All the other books are just fluff...extra material that is optional, not required, to make the game playable.

It might be a viable strategy to sell more books, but wouldn't be very user friendly to the beginning gamer. (Or maybe they're used to the D&D format of buying 3 core books to have a playable game, I don't know.)

Oh, BTW, I finished my HU powers spreadsheet. It doesn't have page numbers, but it does contain all the canon powers from all HU2, PU1, 2 and 3, as well as major/minor, and offensive/defensive info. It's basically a re-hash of the tables at the end of PU3, only in a sortable spreadsheet format. PM me if anyone's interested and I can send it to you.
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

I think you should go re-read the power again. It does not say that they can recall ANYTHING. It says they have a photographic memory and can recall "most things". And that is only for things in the last 2-3 months. After that, they have to roll on the table.

While they may be able to recall what it was like to mimic a power, it is essentially a memory. And because it is a memory, recalling it would not give the character the power again. Otherwise a player could recall any power he had ever mimiced and that would be very unbalancing to the game. I smell a munchkin. :) At the very least, it would not be a minor power if it worked that way.

So I would say no, it cannot be used to gain a previously mimiced power. While they may be able to recall what having that power felt like, I don't think it should give the character the power all over again. Perhaps they would be better off recalling the license plate of the bad guys car, or the exact time of the robbery, or some other detail that will help him catch the evil doers. I think that's more in the spirit of the power.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”