genetist, what source book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: genetist, what source book

Unread post by rat_bastard »

pat wrote:I've got a character in a rifts game that is working with genetics, and I want to know what books might have stuff about chreating genetic creatures.?

Splicers, multiple rifters with splicers articles.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Rifter #50 actually has an O.C.C. called a Genetecist. It requires a genepool from Splicers, is kinda gross, and about a billion times cooler than the genesplicers or genetechs from Rifts and Phase Worlds because Splicers is just that much cooler.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

HU has some eugenic character creation in PU2 p.16. One could extrapolate this to non-character critters too if you want riding beasts or "guard dogs".

Genesplicer stuff in mindwerks p.66

Mutant animal creation sounds good for your needs too. after the bomb series or WB 13 Lone Star
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifter #50 actually has an O.C.C. called a Genetecist. It requires a genepool from Splicers, is kinda gross, and about a billion times cooler than the genesplicers or genetechs from Rifts and Phase Worlds because Splicers is just that much cooler.

Damn, I really need to catch up on my Rifter collection. Here I am writing down notes for a unique character for our groups Rifts merc game and come to find out the works already been done for me!
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I believe Rifter #3 has a section on the dimension Primorder and they have a geneticist and new skill for genetic manipulation.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

9voltkilowatt wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Rifter #50 actually has an O.C.C. called a Genetecist. It requires a genepool from Splicers, is kinda gross, and about a billion times cooler than the genesplicers or genetechs from Rifts and Phase Worlds because Splicers is just that much cooler.

Damn, I really need to catch up on my Rifter collection. Here I am writing down notes for a unique character for our groups Rifts merc game and come to find out the works already been done for me!

Just get Rifter #50. Its one of the best rifters to have come out in quite sometime.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

R:Triax, Splicers, TMNT's and ATB's, HU:PU2, HU:GG, HU1&2 main books, R:LoneStar, Systems Failure
These are the books that have something that deal with genetics in them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”