Squeezing Big Bertha

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Squeezing Big Bertha

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Went shooting and got to fire this:
http://www.statearms.com/bigbertha.html

NICE gun!
It doesn't kick so much as instantaneously throw your body into an instant, miniature state of shock.
I squeezed the trigger, blacked out for a picasecond, and felt like I'd just fallen about ten feet and hit the ground, but nothing actually hurt.
It wasn't the kick as much as it was the shockwave from the round going off; the kick wasn't bad at all.

Unfortunately, it took all our time just trying to get the scope adjusted right; the rounds kept going down and to the right, but we couldn't even tell where the rounds were going for most of the time we were shooting.
We did manage, eventually, to kill the TV we were shooting at, along with 3 bottles.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Morality, correct zeroing of the scope is IMPORTANT, and not just for hi precision shooting... I hope I'll remember it if I ever get to shoot that kind of toy.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I spent today on the range and had a bad day. The Marlin M-60 .22 Semi-auto just did not feed and the Parker Hale would not even fire. My Marlin M-1894 even jammed once.

So clean that lady and try again Tomorrow.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”