Merc Ops question on GAW stuff & prices....

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MDGiest
Wanderer

Merc Ops question on GAW stuff & prices....

Unread post by MDGiest »

Ok so I just noticed for the first time today these prices in particular;
GAW M1A3 Improved Abrams, Cost: 200,000 credits
GAW M113 Improved APC, Cost: 80,000 credits
GAW 998 Improved Hummer, Cost: 95,000 credits
GAW FAV Spec Ops Dune Buggy, Cost: 270,000 credits

Now am I the only one who sees a problem with this here? How is it a sand rail costs more then a tank? Is there an errata correction for this somewhere?
"I don't care who's right..Let's go kill something." Graffiti at Newtown

"You are the dumbest...smart person, I've ever met!" (Ive forgoteen who said it, but damn it was funny)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Merc Ops question on GAW stuff & prices....

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I think the airplane costs are equally screwy.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
MDGiest
Wanderer

Unread post by MDGiest »

Ninjabunny wrote:The tank is a very cumbersome vehical on Rifts Earth as detailed in the original Merc book, the sand Rail is lighter and can go more places then the tank.

Ok, but it is a tank versus the price of a glorified 4 wheeler! This has got to be some sort of error. :?
"I don't care who's right..Let's go kill something." Graffiti at Newtown

"You are the dumbest...smart person, I've ever met!" (Ive forgoteen who said it, but damn it was funny)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

and a tank is much easier to convert. GAW conversions are basically just Applique armor glued/welded/bolted on, and ammunition swapped for more potent warheads.

a tank is fairly easy to convert. it's a box ontop a box. cut panels to shape and attach. at worst you might need to use some machines to bend the panels to match a curve.

the Desert patrol vehicle is a tubular frame, an engine, a transmission, and not much else. converting it to MDC would involve much more work than cutting panels to shape. you'd have to either make many small panels bent to shape to assemble jigsaw like to the tubular frame, you'd have to use some sort of spray on or paint on armor, or you'd have to go through and dismantle the thing and replace most of it's chassis with new MDC parts of the same type.

all three ways are more labor intensive and require more machine work.

your paying for parts and labor.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”