The 09 Open House Chastity and Sobriety party!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

The 09 Open House Chastity and Sobriety party!

Unread post by rat_bastard »

like the baking thread, but you have to be at least 21 and not on my ignore list.

request styles of beer, not brands

"Pale Ale", "Brown Ale" and "India Pale Ale" are all styles and are acceptable to request

"Budweiser", "Sam Adams" and "Guinness Stout" are all brands and not acceptable.

I'm not sure what night the beer party is on yet, more details on that later...
Last edited by rat_bastard on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The 09 Open House Homebrew party beer request thread

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Can you do a hefeweizen?

How long have you been microbrewing?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Spinachcat wrote:Can you do a hefeweizen?

How long have you been microbrewing?

yes, since February.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Have you brewed hard cider yet?

I am partial to Taunton's Blackthorn which we luckily have on tap at the Ye Olde King's Head near the beach. Sometimes people who don't like beer find cider to their taste.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Spinachcat wrote:Have you brewed hard cider yet?

I am partial to Taunton's Blackthorn which we luckily have on tap at the Ye Olde King's Head near the beach. Sometimes people who don't like beer find cider to their taste.

doing my first batch this fall when the local orchards have picking days.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

I prefer the lighter beers, so anything in the 'pale' would be right up my alley. However, I'm game to try just about anything.

PS: I'm not on your ignore list am I? :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Danger wrote:I prefer the lighter beers, so anything in the 'pale' would be right up my alley. However, I'm game to try just about anything.

not yet...

:P
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

rat_bastard wrote:
Danger wrote:I prefer the lighter beers, so anything in the 'pale' would be right up my alley. However, I'm game to try just about anything.

not yet...

:ok:
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I prefer dark ales and nut browns from the Microbreweries. How do you intend to setup this beerfest, will there be admittance fees?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Greyaxe wrote:I prefer dark ales and nut browns from the Microbreweries. How do you intend to setup this beerfest, will there be admittance fees?

As supplies cost money there may be a donations jar, but for the most part I'll let anyone with a attendance badge and proof of age into the hotel room, with several people invited on principle.

As for Brown Ales, my friend you need not worry about that. Worry about how you are going to return to your hotel room afterward.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Rat_Bastard, your gonna need a lot of beer.... Looking forward to it. Don't worry I am generous with my donations, in addition to my consumption.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Greyaxe wrote:Rat_Bastard, your gonna need a lot of beer.... Looking forward to it. Don't worry I am generous with my donations, in addition to my consumption.

both me and my dear friend who will end up bankrolling me for this vacation will be glad to hear that.

we made a brown ale that made me cry tears of joy, and our pale ale is nothing to sneeze at either.
made from the finest fuggles hops it is.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

rat_bastard wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:Rat_Bastard, your gonna need a lot of beer.... Looking forward to it. Don't worry I am generous with my donations, in addition to my consumption.

both me and my dear friend who will end up bankrolling me for this vacation will be glad to hear that.

we made a brown ale that made me cry tears of joy, and our pale ale is nothing to sneeze at either.
made from the finest fuggles hops it is.

This is going to be a good time i think. I shall have to bring a special tankard for the occasion.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

can you do honey styles.....i am not much of a drinker anymore but i would be more than happy to test your libation
Buck the System
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Any dark irish style ale. I could also stand a dark lager. And if I don't get this, I'm going to kick you in the junk. We didn't get our drink on last year, but this time, its on.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Lucas wrote:can you do honey styles.....i am not much of a drinker anymore but i would be more than happy to test your libation

Honey ale and mead are both likely libations.

as for you Galactus Kid, who says you are invited? I mean Taylor is coming, Josh is coming, Richards is coming but I can't see any reason to invite you...

Nothing but love you big lug...
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Howabout a Shandy?

Open House is in May, afterall, so it could be a way to welcome the warm weather. I mean a proper Shandy BTW, and by that I mean one where the lemonade is almost an afterthought (a ratio of 80% to 20%... or less) so that the proof is not diminished.

~ Josh

EDIT: If you can find it, Leinenkugel makes a pretty good Shandy.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Howabout a Shandy?

Open House is in May, afterall, so it could be a way to welcome the warm weather. I mean a proper Shandy BTW, and by that I mean one where the lemonade is almost an afterthought (a ratio of 80% to 20%... or less) so that the proof is not diminished.

~ Josh

that sounds revolting...

:puke:
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

how a about some mead? I'd like to try and make it out but 09 is way to far out to plan right now.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
The Galactus Kid

Their summer shandy was ok. I would much rather have had Arizona (the iced tea company) Arnold Palmer mixed with Bourbon.

Rat, i'm coming whether you like it or not, so you better be ready.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

rat_bastard wrote:

~ Josh

that sounds revolting...

Should I just bring along some whiskey and sour mix then?

~ Josh
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

~ Josh

that sounds revolting...

Should I just bring along some whiskey and sour mix then?

~ Josh

Thats more like it.
The Galactus Kid

IMMA GET DRUNK!!!

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

The Galactus Kid wrote:IMMA GET DRUNK!!!

Are you old enuff to drink? :D
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Danger wrote:

Make sure he does not try to pass of a fake id on you. :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Danger wrote:

Make sure he does not try to pass of a fake id on you. :D

I say pass it and make the young pup puke. Mwhahahahah
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I likes me my dark, dark lagers.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I want to try some honey mead. I'd like to see if it's as good as I hope it is.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

As far as I can tell, we will have:

Fat Man's Ball Sweat: A pale ale for those with discerning palettes
Nut Brown Ale
Dry Raspberry mead
Sweet Meadow foam mead
sweet Bamboo Mead
Many individual bottles of whatever is lying around the brewery.
The Galactus Kid

I don't like pale ales, but I might have to try that just on principle.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:I don't like pale ales, but I might have to try that just on principle.

Maybe if one of your friends sneaks it out of the party for you...

OH WAIT YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!!! :-P :-P :-P

that felt good.

Cause the joke is everyone is invited but Kid Galactus, cause nobody like him, and he smells like pudding.
The Galactus Kid

You know what? I think I might just put out an APB letting everyone in the industry, including fans to never sell you, let you boorow, look at, or even smell the ink of Triax 2. lolz. Your tears taste so sweet.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

>Fat Man's Ball Sweat

Oddly enough in the world of micro-brews, that's actually a good name for marketing purposes. The resulting YouTube commercial might cause SAN loss.

>Sweet Bamboo Mead

Mead brewed from bamboo shoots?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Spinachcat wrote:>Fat Man's Ball Sweat

Oddly enough in the world of micro-brews, that's actually a good name for marketing purposes. The resulting YouTube commercial might cause SAN loss.

>Sweet Bamboo Mead

Mead brewed from bamboo shoots?

its made from Bamboo honey, which is honey that was made by bees from bamboo pollen, like wildflower honey etc.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:You know what? I think I might just put out an APB letting everyone in the industry, including fans to never sell you, let you boorow, look at, or even smell the ink of Triax 2. lolz. Your tears taste so sweet.

that may work for me, but they'll still sell to Percy Ferkelberger.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

rat_bastard wrote:its made from Bamboo honey, which is honey that was made by bees from bamboo pollen, like wildflower honey etc.

I must seek out this bamboo honey!

How noticable of a taste difference is there between wildflower honey mead and bamboo honey mead? Would a non-connoisseur notice?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Spinachcat wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:its made from Bamboo honey, which is honey that was made by bees from bamboo pollen, like wildflower honey etc.

I must seek out this bamboo honey!

How noticable of a taste difference is there between wildflower honey mead and bamboo honey mead? Would a non-connoisseur notice?

its almost identical to buckwheat honey, in fact I purchased because they where out of buckwheat honey.

here is where I got mine. They appear to be out of bamboo Honey.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

A Dark Ale is my vote if anyone cares. :lol:

And I so gotta try some of the mead, we tried making it once............... :puke:

Let us never speak of that again.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

So we need to card folks at the door for this shindig, and I've decided to make people who can drink I'm gonna get a bunch of those "Hello my name is:" tags and mark them "Jason Richards" if they are 21 or over and "Brandon Aten" if they are too young to drink.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Who's bringing the beer pong?
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rat Bastard, how goes the brewing?

Scott Maxwell Operator wrote:I will be bringing a few bottles of the good stuff with a Rifts flare to it

There is something terribly worrisome about adding "Rifts" to any food or drink.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I was gonna do two batches today but my brew mate just discovered his kidney stones, so hopefully I'll get to do two batches tomorrow.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

ccmaster wrote:Hi ,

I will be around there with a friend comming from Germany is there a date for the beerparty now ?
Would like to test some American Beer :P

ccmaster

I dunno, we have not decided on a date.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Galen wrote:Well, Sir Bartender, it's been 2 weeks since the last post, have you decided on a date yet?

Nope.

But my rat_bastard ale is a definite success, expect it to feature prominently in the party.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Homebrew party is friday night, 9:00 PM-the hotel makes us stop/we run out of beer/we pass out.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

excellent
Buck the System
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ok Ladies and gents, I'm gonna want a Volunteer or two at the Homebrew party to help set this ***** up and get the party set up, is anyone gullible enough to sign up?
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

depends when we get there
Buck the System
The Galactus Kid

rat_bastard wrote:
Galen wrote:Well, Sir Bartender, it's been 2 weeks since the last post, have you decided on a date yet?

Nope.

But my rat_bastard ale is a definite success, expect it to feature prominently in the party.

I'm looking forward to this about as much as I am to gaming. hahaha.

Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

time to drink till the little men in my head become real :D :D :D
Buck the System

Return to “Palladium Open House”