Question about Entities

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Question about Entities

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

I usually define the Psi Sword as psionic when it comes to vulnerabilities etc since the Psi Sword power is indeed a psionic power. This helps get over all the different problems people have of defining it as energy or physical.
It counts as a psionic attack which most beings are vulnerable too. I have heard the psi sword described as physical or energy or a melding of both. This keeps the power vague and arbitrary that is why I place it into the same catagory as other psychic powers.

So creatures vulnerable to psionics take extra damage from psiswords etc.

Under this definition yes Psi Swords will effect entities if the one weilding it can see the entity to damage it.
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

elecgraystone
Adventurer

Re: Question about Entities

Unread post by elecgraystone »

The way it's written, it's ANY magic or psionic. It seems that even a TK acceleration attack would work.

Now, personally, I agree with Gadrin that physical attack shouldn't hurt intangible people. Looking at immune to magic and the immune to psionic minor super powers, sometimes they do differentiate between physical and nonphysical powers.

I'd houserule half or no damage to physical attacks. (depending on the amount of other magics or psionics in the group)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”