Supernatural Evil

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I don't see anything in the spell lists from BoM or PF main book... Maybe something in the new Hades or Dyval books.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Doesn't Mind Block do that? I'm not really sure (I don't have the books in front of me). IIRC, there is a psionic power that do that. If not, take a look at Id Alter Ego (pg 141 BoM). It may be usefull depending on what you are thinking.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Re: Supernatural Evil

Unread post by JTwig »

gadrin wrote:is there a way for a creature like a Demon or a Deevil to cloak it's Supernatural Evil aura ?

I don't recall anything offhand...

How about the spell from either Federation of Magic or Mercenary Adventures called Mystic Invisibility. It makes the recipient invisible to mystic and psionic detection, including dog-boys and psi-stalkers.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gadrin wrote:
mobuttu wrote:Doesn't Mind Block do that? I'm not really sure (I don't have the books in front of me). IIRC, there is a psionic power that do that. If not, take a look at Id Alter Ego (pg 141 BoM). It may be usefull depending on what you are thinking.

yeah, for humans, but the trouble is...

according to Dragons & Gods the Deevil Wraiths are supposed to be these fabulous spies, however any minor psychic with Sense Evil will auto-sense one, and then can pinpoint it. Obviously, if a Deevil Wraith is using Mind Block, he can't use his other powers... oops. Of course he may not need to do anything but watch and listen, but, well, you know.

anyway, with the preponderance of psychics in the setting, these guys will be sensed by half the people they're spying on (yeah, I'm exaggerating).

Psychics are pretty uncommon, and psychics with that particular power (Sense Evil) are even more uncommon.

And if a demon has the Alter Aura power, they can camouflage themselves pretty well.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

gadrin wrote:I don't think Alter Aura works that way. Unless it's another PB: "We say X but mean Y" (now you see it, now you don't).

It's probably a stretch, but it comes down to whether you think that the way that Supernatural Beings "radiate their alignment" has to do with their aura or not.

Consider:
See Aura does not allow you to detect alignments.
Alter Aura allows you to appear to have a different alignment.

If the Alter Aura power doesn't work with stuff like Sense Evil, and the natural alignment radiation for Supernatural Creatures, then what does it work with?

In phase world, you can't throw a stick without hitting a psychic. especially in terms of characters. The Prometheans, Noro and the Pleasurers are just a few RCCs that you can find entire planets filled with psychics. Center is literally crawling with them.

Then I guess demons are kind of screwed there.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

gadrin wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Alter Aura allows you to appear to have a different alignment.

you must have a different book, unless RUE has changed it. no alignment in the RGMG under the psi-power. No such spell either on the magical side.

RUE.

Then I guess demons are kind of screwed there.

:lol:

well, also, I'd have to say that the average Deevil Wraigth (or Spectre from the CB1) is going to have a pretty rough time in their own planes/dimensions and Hades.

I can see them being tasked to get the poop on their fellows and others. I think CYA is another way to spell Sahtalus. :P There's just as much to do in the netherworlds as anywhere else. Every Fenry is a psychic with that power...

So another question: Can Deevils sense other Deevils via Sense Evil (or demons, etc) ?

Demon Dragonmage should radiate it as well... I wonder if a Fallen Cosmo-Knight does ? Maybe just those that have done the Witch-Pact dealies.

Hm.

I'll think about it for a bit.

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Psychics are pretty uncommon, and psychics with that particular power (Sense Evil) are even more uncommon.

Not in the groups I run in.

And if a demon has the Alter Aura power, they can camouflage themselves pretty well.

I would use this as well.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

gadrin wrote:is there a way for a creature like a Demon or a Deevil to cloak it's Supernatural Evil aura ?

So, Alter Aura (pg 166 RUE) will do.

According to Hades and Rifts Dark Conversions, these are some demons and deevils that could do it:
Demons: Gargoyle Lord, Mares, Jinn, Night Owl, Raksasha, Mictla the Devourer.
Deevils: Fenry, Pandemonium, Deevil Wraiths (you were asking for these, weren't you?), Sahtalus, Mephisto.
Dark Minions: Ashmedai, Doppleganger.

No, there aren't too much.

Hope this helps. :-D
Last edited by mobuttu on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:Like Killer Cyborg said, the RUE has updated Alter Aura to cover alignments.
Don't know why they had to...

...since several creatures in Palladium canon (like the various essence fragments of Mrr'lynn/Zazshann) use Alter Aura to mask both their supernatural nature and their (miscreant) alignments as well.
(fr example, nobody, not even Sir Prrcyval the Chiang-Ku, is aware that Guinevere is yet another essence fragment, or even a supernatural being, unlike his awareness of Mrr'lynn's true nature).
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I don't recall anything offhand...

I didn't re-read the whole thread so if I've been beaten to the punch so be it. I ran across this while looking something else up.

Mystic Invisibility, Mercenary Adventures pg. 17
"An invocation that blocks the caster from all forms of mystic detection. For the duration of the spell the caster remains totally undetectable by all magic and psionic means."
:ok:
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”