Question about multiclassing OCC/RCC/etc

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Re: Question about multiclassing OCC/RCC/etc

Unread post by sHaka »

chubbell wrote:What are the rules for character to take more than one OCC/RCC/ect?

It mustn't ask us precioussss!!! :D
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

uh what, click on my linkey!
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

chubbell wrote:Oh, you do, do you. It seems that the answer to multiclassing is no with certain exceptions.

Is this correct?
Not so.

Multiclassing is allowed in Palladium Games, but it is extremely cumbersome, and most OCCs don't work out all that well with others.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

uh roken that is the official answer!

its from the Palladium web page!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

HELLO! I already gave the official answer!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd probably go with the legal method linked to by rat_bastard, but require 5 levels before a new OCC can be taken. unless its something like when a city rat decides to "grow up" and take on a real career, or like when a jucier detox's and goes full cyborg.

basically, changing OCC's is not something players should be able to accoplish easily, and should not be something a player chooses to do on a whim. ( so no "you know, i'm bored being a shifter, i think i'll become a headhunter for a year...")

it's more something that major NPC's will have. like say, a Ley Line walker turned pirate, or a headhunter turned saloon bum.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

For people who want to have more than one class on their character at a time I firstly have them role play it... but as far as the paper work... like on the sheet. I use the rules printed in the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy (Book 3 I believe).
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Prettz
D-Bee
Comment: Mrs. TAF

Unread post by Prettz »

Poor Rat_Bastard.
A SIMPLE CHOICE OF TURTLE
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Nethel wrote:Adventures on the high sea's palladium source book covered duel class occ's if your looking for something official if my memory serves me right.

No, the section's titled like it would be for dual OCCs, but it's just for changing to a new one.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Now I have combined OCC's and RCC's or RCC's and PCC's for roleplaying purposes. In all cases the character's do not have All the powers and abilities of both classes. The reason for that is simple...game ballance. So while I may have a Lost One Psi-Slayer or a Momano Headhunter Amazon. Both character's are limited by their Class combinations. While the Lost one may have the attributes of her race her skills and psionic powers are limited to those of a Psi-Slayer. With the Amazon she was raised outside of Manoa by non-Amazon Relatives and as such does not have any of the Amazon's skills.

What I am trying to say is be very carefull when combining Races/Classes because you can end up with a really broken character if you and the GM don't keep game ballance in mind.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs

Return to “Rifts®”