wired slinger-psionicc powers or no ?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

wired slinger-psionicc powers or no ?

Unread post by Razzinold »

Ok a friend of mine rolled up a wired slinger and asked his brother (our regular GM for help) his brother basically told him to roll up a regular crazy but take the skills listed in the new west book. Now by doing this he got a ton od PPE and ISP, I know they get ISP or PPE because it says in their description (in new west) that they can use TW pistols. Nowhere could I see though does it say that they get to choose psionics. I have another player who is a psi-slinger and it clearly states that they get psionics. I know why he wants psionics because everyone else in the group has them (psi-slinger, mind-melder and ley line walker) plus he can be a bit of a munchkin powergamer. I just don't think he should get them because it says right in the book that they are different then regular crazies. so my question do you out there, do I allow the psionics or no ?
on a side not the powers he chose were mindblock, presence sense and sixth sense. AS it is his pc has fast reaction time but he's trying to make it so he can never be snuck up on by having sixth sense and presence sense.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

There are always bulls with bigger horns than the PCs. Always.

On the other hand, you can justify not allowing it, too.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

I know, I just wanted to know what was the ruling by the book, do they get them or not. I don't want to say no if he is allowed them.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

He would get whatever the Crazy would get for psi-powers.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Wired Slingers do not get psi powers. The modified implants of the wired slinger do not activate the necessary portions of the brain.

So long story short....no.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Correct.

If your wired slinger rolled successfully for random psionics, they can use TW items.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: wired slinger-psionicc powers or no ?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

gadrin wrote:
Razzinold wrote:on a side not the powers he chose were mindblock, presence sense and sixth sense. AS it is his pc has fast reaction time but he's trying to make it so he can never be snuck up on by having sixth sense and presence sense.

no too much different than the stock Juicer, who always gets a chance to dodge surprise attacks too...and who could have rolled up either Major or Minor psionics too.
however, the jucier system and process counts as partial cyberization, so those powers would be reduced a bit in ability.

only types like the delphi, which use special methods, are otherwise.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “G.M.s Forum”