Auction was a HUGE success!

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

The First Palladium Collectibles and Art Auction could not have been a bigger success! We are tickled pink.

Um . . . er . . . well, I guess it could have been a bigger success, if some of the truly expensive art items sold, but I was selling the big ones for others (Long and Parkinson for Dennis Hughes, the Sunday Comic Strip pages for my brother, Brian. I’m shocked that the Parkinson didn’t sell. It is beautiful; photos don’t do it justice).

Ah, but from the “seller’s” point of view, EVERYTHING else sold for good to spectacular prices. It helped Palladium’s cash flow and it put a smile on my face. :-D

It’s funny, because my artists are always coming to me to ask my opinion on what they should charge to sell their artwork, and I happily share my opinion. It's easy pricing other people's artwork and prints. HOWEVER, it’s another thing to price your own work. Consequently, I was embarrassingly delighted to see the high, final bids on my limited edition prints and original artwork. Thanks folks, you make me blush. :oops:

Thank you everybody who participated in the auction. I hope everyone had fun and most of you got something you wanted. We will be sending out your winnings in the next 2-3 days.

For those of you with any money left, and for those of you who missed out, there will be a Second Palladium Collectibles and Art Auction starting around July 14 or 15.

The Next Auciton should only include a few repeat items like some of the poster sets and Rifts® Ultimate Gold and a Rifter® #34 and some other out of print books, but also include more original artwork by me and other Palladium Artists, some Robotech and other animation cels and some neat, one-of-a-kind items (in some cases “three of a kind”), all from my personal collection. Some of the stranger stuff includes old display materials – black and white, some color – including various signs and labels, a poster sized color reproduction of the RECON® (Kevin Fales) and Rifts® Atlantis (Keith Parkinson) paintings (no logo), an uncut sheet of the Valley of the Pharaohs box, lots of artwork and other stuff all signed by me and other appropriate people. It should be another fun event.

Meanwhile, I’m still juggling 100 different things, trying to take care of business, and especially finish Hades. Time continues to fly as it seems like I arrived to work only 3-4 hours ago – not 9 or 10!

Keep those imaginations burning bright and keep the faith.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist & Successful Auctioneer
© Copyright June 25, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”