Saturday became a day of conversation and ideas

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I got in around, 8:30 AM. Did a little business stuff, and answered e-mails.

Around 10:30 AM I ran to the bank and to the Farmer Jack Grocery store. They are closing ALL the Farmer Jack stores in Michigan, which is a bummer. I had to check the Farmer Jack in Taylor to see if they had some of the “secret ingredients” Kathy uses in her recipes.

Around 11:30 AM, Randi and Roger Cartier came by to drop off her Magic and Monsters manuscript (Palladium Fantasy) and to chat a bit. They also brought some Heinz Tomato soup (another secret ingredient) because we can NOT get it here in Michigan!

I’ve been so busy these past several months that I haven’t been able to keep in touch with friends and freelancers like I would like, so our "short visit" turned into THREE HOURS as we caught up on things.

Around 3:00 PM, shortly after Roger and Randi left, Josh Hilden showed up on our doorstep! This was a real surprise as Josh lives in Dayton, Ohio, about five hours away. He was here with his son, Alex. Regrettably, Josh was in town for a sad reason, his long time pal, John, only in his early Forties, passed away suddenly. John was also a Palladium fan and was at Palladium’s Open House last month. He was the large, gentle soul with the wooden cane. He’ll be missed.

Despite the sad reason for the visit, I had fun talking with Josh and his 9 year old son, Alex. I accidentally stole five dollars from Josh (I was supposed to give him $5 change for some toys he bough for Alex, but I forgot! Sorry, Josh.)

Josh left by 5:20 PM. In between, I talked with Julius and Alex who also came in today to get work done. I posted my last Murmur and now it's going on 7:00 PM and time to head home.

I know it may sound like I got little done today, and I did NOT get much of the dozen things I NEEDED and PLANNED to get done today, but it was an eventful day.

We covered many important and exciting topics, exchanged a number of excellent ideas for the future and I pulled items for the upcoming Palladium Collectibles Auction on Ebay next week while I chatted. Sometimes “work” is talking and ideas. And I feel like we covered a ton of ideas today. With any luck, Josh will actually finish and submit some his writing to me and The Rifter. He gave me some great ideas for new, online product (like a dark blue t-shirt that says, The Mechanoids are Coming, and 2-3 Palladium "Jackets" that are limited to advanced orders plus a dozen or two extra), and ideas for a Chaos Earth book. I gave Randi the go ahead on another Palladium fantasy book, and Alex has gotten started prepping for the Auction.

Plus, we shared some good conversation and quiet times with each other. I love those guys and gals, and it was nice catching up with them.

Yikes, it’s seven, and time to stop talking! I have to go!

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Auction Coordinator and Chatty Fella
© Copyright June 9, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”