Farewell, nice people, the Rifter #38 and work . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Farewell, nice people, the Rifter #38 and work . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

There are so many good people in the world.

I want to thank all of you who sent your condolences to Kathy, Bill and I, we appreciate it.

The funeral of Cindy Bailey was today, and it went as nice as it possibly could. The priest was excellent and he made the funeral service seem more like a gathering of friends than a mass. The various ladies of the parish were warm and wonderful. Cindy was very active in the Woman's League (or whatever they call it) at the church, so all the ladies were very kind and made lunch for 60 people at no charge to the family. Everyone was wonderful. Made a sad time easier to bear for everyone.

Cindy's brother, Bill, gave the most beautiful eulogy I have ever heard. It had the perfect tone and was sweet, touching, and funny.

Kathy and Bill handled it all as well as could be expected. It will be hardest on Bill, because he lived with Cindy, and he's the one who will feel the emptiness of the home without her.

Regrettably, around 2:00 PM, I had to leave Kathy in the hands of friends and get back to the office to finish D-Bees of North America. She is so sweet and understanding. We have to get it finished and to the printer by Friday to get it back by the end of April. The printer said they’ll try to put a rush on it, especially under the circumstances. They are the best.

The Rifter® #38 came in and shipped early. Tuesday I had the guys ship out all the subscription copies. Distributor orders shipped today and the book should hit store shelves by the end of next week or so.

The Open House is coming up fast. Too fast, but we’ll be ready.

Sorry. I feel tired and drained, so that’s it for now. Stay happy and well, and keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist
© copyright April 4, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”