Seminar idea :)

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Seminar idea :)

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I think we should have an "inside jokes" seminar where we answer questions and tell stories about all of our inside jokes. I know everybody around here plays along, but I'm sure many people just sit, staring puzzled at their computer screens going :-? all the time.

Heck, even I don't know where half of the jokes come from. If anyone could tell me (or Josh) how the whole "Jason = Josh" thing got started, I'm sure we'd both love to know.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards

Re: Seminar idea :)

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:I think we should have an "inside jokes" seminar where we answer questions and tell stories about all of our inside jokes. I know everybody around here plays along, but I'm sure many people just sit, staring puzzled at their computer screens going :-? all the time.

Heck, even I don't know where half of the jokes come from. If anyone could tell me (or Josh) how the whole "Jason = Josh" thing got started, I'm sure we'd both love to know.

I blame Rat Bastard for its continuation though.

I blame him for LOTS of stuff.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I remember exactly how the Josh = Jason thing got started.

~ Josh
Jason Richards

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I remember exactly how the Josh = Jason thing got started.

~ Josh

Other than people mixing us up over Arzno, I don't know how. And, even the reasoning behind that mistake has never been made clear to me.

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Jason Richards wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I remember exactly how the Josh = Jason thing got started.

~ Josh

Other than people mixing us up over Arzno, I don't know how. And, even the reasoning behind that mistake has never been made clear to me.

Because you both have normal names that begin with a J, and you are both freelancers.

I can't remember what either of you have written. I just know you're not Carl Gleba.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jason Richards wrote:half of the jokes come from. If anyone could tell me (or Josh) how the whole "Jason = Josh" thing got started, I'm sure we'd both love to know.
Didnt Kevin start that at the `06 Open House?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jason Richards

Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

~ Josh

Because you both have normal names that begin with a J, and you are both freelancers.

I can't remember what either of you have written. I just know you're not Carl Gleba.

We weren't both freelancers at the time!

Jason Richards

The Deific NMI wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:half of the jokes come from. If anyone could tell me (or Josh) how the whole "Jason = Josh" thing got started, I'm sure we'd both love to know.

Prior to that, I think...

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Jason Richards wrote:
Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

~ Josh

Hadn't you both written stuff in the Rifter?
~Xar~

Jason Richards

Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

~ Josh

As I recall it was before Josh had been printed in the Rifter. I think he just got into that fine publication by impersonating me, anyway. :)

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Xar wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:

~ Josh

Nope.

The mix up first occured in September or October 2004. four to five months before I had even sent anything into the Rifter.

~ Josh
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

The Deific NMI wrote:

No that was when Kevin confused John Philpot for Jason Richards. similar situation but it didn't quite stick.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Kythis
Wanderer

Unread post by Kythis »

HOW ABOUT A SEMINAR ON HOUSE RULES?

1 Palladium member of staff to monitor / write down versions / sellect speakers.

Just a seminar where all GMs can share there versions of gaming in a one at a time topic open forum.
Your Fellow PFRPGM "D"

{Let them come, let them come in hoards, army hoards of the hundreds, NO thousands! They shal know my might and bow before the ever capable Felthric. For I have shaven my dogs buttucks an taught him to fart while walking backwards and as such their doom is evident. (The last recorded words of the first Ludicris Mage to enter the Land of the Damned.)}
Rodney
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rodney »

Ninjabunny wrote:I'm Not Jason DANG it!!

Will the real Jason Richards please stand up, please stand up?

:D
-Rodney
B.S. G.M. PFRPG2
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I think it would be cool to get a group of people together and brainstorm something totally new on the spot. Someone takes notes, and fleshes it out as a Rifter Article.
~Xar~

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Hehe Jason, are you sure you're not just looking for another "buy three!" chance?

::Grins::

That was great :-P Almost as great as Kevin's unprintable response to the question about why RIFTS was successful :-)
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Jason Richards

J. Lionheart wrote:Hehe Jason, are you sure you're not just looking for another "buy three!" chance?

That was great :-P Almost as great as Kevin's unprintable response to the question about why RIFTS was successful :-)

Problem is that now I have to come up with some new schtick!

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

J. Lionheart wrote:Hehe Jason, are you sure you're not just looking for another "buy three!" chance?

Yeah, or the Sinspaugh sock-puppet idea. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Jason Richards

Warwolf wrote:

REALLY should have done that last year. :(

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Jason Richards wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

There's always this year. :demon:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Jason Richards

Warwolf wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

There's always this year. :demon:

But he'll be sitting there, at the table, impersonating me...

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Wow, I just now started reading this thread and I feel that I should have been in on this from the beginning.

The whole Jason/Josh thing like most things started in ancient times when men would pretend to be Josh who was inedible and thus would not be eaten by weevils, even though they where Jasons.

what?

I remember I think in the Arzno Q&A thread Josh and Jason started to joke about being each other, then you started to flirt and things got awkward...

Edit: Oh and Josh, how the hell do you pronounce your last name phonetically? I am probably gonna meet you at the OH and I know I'm gonna screw that one up... and if someone knows how to pronounce Siembieda in real world talking I would love to know.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Jason Richards

SINS-a-paw
sim-BEAD-a

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Jason Richards wrote:SINS-a-paw
sim-BEAD-a

Don't you mean
RICH-erds?
sim-BEAD-a?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Palladium Open House”