D-Bees almost finished

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

D-Bees almost finished

Post by Kevin »

Rifts® D-Bees of North America is almost finished. This turned out to be a much bigger (and fun) job than anybody expected, but the end result is going to be a flippin’ great sourcebook for players and Game Masters alike. Wait till you see it in April.

Rifts® Machinations of Doom – half comic strip, half sourcebook is also coming along well and looking fantastic.

Artist, Ramon Perez, has gone back into the original art to digitally re-letter and tweak the story, fixing and adding a bit of text here and there, and making the story flow better than ever. He’s also doing a bunch of new artwork for the sourcebook section, and a new color cover, as well as doing the layout all on the computer. That’s great for me, because all I have to do is provide the text for the sourcebook material and offer some suggestions on layout and design.

I think this comic/sourcebook combo is really going to rock! Seeing/reading the strip in its entirety, rather than in chapters in a quarterly publication, gives it much greater power and drama. The sourcebook section, with character stats, new data and info, should only build on that experience and provide ideas and material for further adventures and conflict for the readers' own characters/player group. Of course, players will now also be able to play the comic characters (if the G.M. allows it) or meet the characters as friends, allies, rivals or enemies. Fun all around.

I’m also seriously considering doing a limited edition, gold hardcover, collector's edition, signed and numbered by me and Ramon for $45 or $50. Probably limited to 300 or 400 copies. Ramon likes the idea and it seems like Palladium fans enjoy these unique collectibles.

Well that’s it for now. Must . . . get back . . . to writing books. Need to get new product . . . out . . . in stores. Ignore fatigue. What’s . . . 16 hour work . . . days? Should be used to that . . . by now.

Must also be . . . delirious . . . Wujcik and I were at . . . Gen Con together in 2003 or 2004? Oh, no . . . losing it. Muh . . . must finish writing . . . before mind snaps entirely . . . Must write. Must write. Must . . .

The murmings and rantings of a sleep deprived and deranged Kevin Siembieda locked in writing mode. (It's about time.)
© March 23, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”