Energy is high at Palladium

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Energy is high at Palladium

Unread post by Kevin »

Energy is high at Palladium, not just because of Brandon Aten (though he's contributed to it), but because it’s starting to “feel” like things are beginning to go in Palladium's favor.

The excitement over Rifts® Sourcebooks One, its strong sales across the board, the predominantly positive feedback on it from fans and distributors, an increasing presence in Barnes and Noble, great artwork pouring in for upcoming books and spring is in the air (it was 70 degrees today!) creating a sense of excitement.

I spent the last three hours doing prep work and pasting up the first 24 pages of The Rifter #38. It’s another excellent issue. I should have it finished and to the printer by Wednesday afternoon, putting it right on track for the April 5, release date.

Writing on D-Bees of North America is also progressing nicely. I’m about half way done with the writing on the book. Anticipation is growing for this title and the Hell/Minion War series too. Speaking of which, some Nick Bradshaw art came in this morning for Dyval and it is sweet.

I have also been plotting Rifter #39, some other upcoming titles and a few surprises. It's feeling like we have a lot of momentum building.

Of course, I’m also geeked about the Palladium Open House coming up fast. Wayne, Brandon and I went to check out the hotel and talked with the manager this afternoon, after lunch. The Ramada is nice facility (same place as last year). It older, but clean, nice and reasonably priced. Rooms for the Open House are starting to sell quickly now, so don’t wait to get your room.

The Presidential Suite is HUGE! Two beds, a full size couch, two easy chairs, a kitchenette with microwave, mini-frig, sink and shelf space, and ample space for people to sleep on the floor on air beds or sleeping bags. A roll-away bed provided by the hotel is only an extra $10 per bed, per night. We were all impressed, and Brandon decided to take one of the Presidential Suites to be shared by six people splitting the cost. The room is only $119 a night, so split SIX ways that’s only TWENTY BUCKS per person, per night. Heck, it could easily accommodate 8-10 people and offers plenty of space for gaming into the wee hours of the night.

The Mini-Suit/Parlor for $89.00 is also nice and can easily accommodate 3-4 people and the Deluxe Double ($69.00 per night) is also roomy with a large bathroom.

I took a break from writing yesterday and today to spend time cleaning and reorganizing the production area upstairs. Figured while I had the help of Brandon Aten, Jason Marker, Tony, and Julius, the five of us could get a great deal done, and we did. Brandon and I ran some errands Tuesday afternoon and I spent a couple hours talking with Tony Falzon (our sales guy).

Erick Wujcik has confirmed he’ll be at the Open House. He is an excellent speaker and a fun, innovative G.M., so those of you who get to game with him are in for a real treat. On a personal level, I’m looking forward to spending time with my dear friend, and having Erick part of the festivities makes the event that much more special for me.

Yep, things are starting to build and go our way. Gosh, it's 1:15 in the morning. I need to hit the sack. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Keyliner and Positive Guy
© copyright – March 14, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”