Sniper!

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Unread post by Guest »

Something like this I would imagine: Guns Guns Guns :lol:
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

i made one ages ago for a campeign, that basically abused Dog Boxing...

ninja hiding + One Shot One Kill or One Mind was nice...
but then, the GM let me tie the ranged kata into firearms use...

even without it, you have alot of power in a style that gives you ninja steath to use with your gun...

then abuse the Rifts Australia weapon mods table (custom grip/balance... etc...)

at one point there was a N&SS Sniper OCC on the web that i broke just to prove you could (with Sharpshooting added in, you could make a trick shot from like a mile away that bounced off 3 walls and still critted on a 10+)
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Get the Assassin/Bodyguard Espionage skill program, W.P. Rifle, One Life, and Iai-Jutsu. Buy the rifle with the longest range, slap a scope on it, and you're good to go. If you can get the Art of Hiding, get it. Otherwise Prowl and camouflage works well too.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

O.K.

You want book legal and ultimate in one package? Then I share with you my ancient chinese secret.

Take sniper, sharpshooting (with your rifle of choice), then take a martial art that is non-exclusive that offers chi abilities. By b**** ex-wife caused me to loose all my books so you will have to do your own research here. Then make sure you take Body Chi.

W.P. gives you +3
Sniper gives you +2

Now here is the fiendish part...

The bonus for sharpshooting is based on your Physical Prowess. ONE point of chi from Body Chi can be used to boost any of your physical attributes by FIVE points. So if you absolutely positively CANNOT miss your shot then just dump 10 points of chi into your P.P. and watch your stat increase by FIFTY points. The book puts a cap on the bonuses from P.P. to your melee attacks but no such cap exists for Sharpshooting.

Now stun an amaze everyone by making the shot one-handed.

Does this make me a bad person?
I love a good fight...
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

is W.P. sharpshooting in Revised Ninjas and Superspies? because i dont see it anywhere in the original edition.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

No but I could have sworn it made it into Mystic China. I may be wrong.

But even if it's not, it is in Rifts Conversion book making it -albeit slim- book legal.

Then again that's when PB preached all books being compatable with one another.

I used to make some really mean mutant animal martial artists with TMNT, N&SS, and the Conversion Book.
I love a good fight...
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Requires a little rules lawyerig, is DEFINITELY munchie, but you wanted ultimate. NO amount of penalties will cause you to miss, only rolling a four or less.
I love a good fight...

Unread post by Guest »

Zerebus wrote:........good grief. I never considered Body Chi with W.P. Sharpshooting (which I do believe is purely in Rifts and related MDC games)

No wonder Body Chi is considered so munchkin when it gets ported over to other Pally game settings...
Uh, Z, I already discussed it with you, it's not all that great because the initiative bonus caps out at a PP of 45.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Zerebus wrote:........good grief. I never considered Body Chi with W.P. Sharpshooting (which I do believe is purely in Rifts and related MDC games)

No wonder Body Chi is considered so munchkin when it gets ported over to other Pally game settings...
Uh, Z, I already discussed it with you, it's not all that great because the initiative bonus caps out at a PP of 45.

Carpet of Adhesion is worse than Body Chi.

So is any modern weapon thanks to the -10 rule.
I love a good fight...
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

DogBoyDetroit wrote:One shot, one hit, one kill is still the ultimate sniper ability. Nothing else gives you bonus to natural rolls.

IIRC, One Mind Kata doubled the "natural" roll, so One Shot's not the only natural modifier.
I believe Socrates said it best at, "I drank what?"

"JESUS SAVES! The rest of you take full damage."

They call me Hadoken 'cause I'm down-right fierce.
jhalko
D-Bee

Unread post by jhalko »

I'd go with a worldly martial artist with Ch'A Ch'Uan Kung fu. The OCC lets you pick from the espionage skill programs, so take bodyguard/assassin. The martial art form gives you 2 martial arts techniques (letting you take one shot, one kill). Plus you get WP Rifle automatically, and the martial art is philosophically designed for long range combat.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”