About the Message Boards Going Down

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

About the Message Boards Going Down

Unread post by Kevin »

Did the Message Boards going down scare you?

It did a lot of people, as we got a dozen e-mails and an equal number of telephone calls asking us what happened and is everything alright. Sorry about that.

What scared me, was that people would think we didn’t pay our bill and/or we were suddenly going out of business -- which was not the case.

It was a weird combination of things that screwed up the server and crashed the boards. In an attempt to put everything right, the host decided to shut down ALL our boards and his standard “Service Suspended” notice popped up. The host had no worries and assured us this action would (supposedly) enable them to bring the boards up in an hour or two. 18 hours later the problem still wasn’t fixed! Thankfully, the Message Boards were back by Monday afternoon (November 20).

It was just one of those things, I guess. Nonetheless, we are probably going to switch hosts and servers over the next week or two which means the boards may go down again for a day or two. Hopefully, this transition will be quick and smooth.

Sorry if the Palladium Message Boards vanishing for an entire weekend worried or inconvenienced you. We were doing everything we could to get ‘em back as quick as possible.

That’s the low down on this past weekend’s vanishing act.

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is already here in a couple days or that Christmas is only four weeks a way. Man, time passes quickly. I know, not for you guys and gals waiting for new product. So I’ll shut up and get back to work writing Rifts® Sourcebook One and editing D-Bees of North America.

Enjoy a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day weekend. And don’t spend too much this weekend at the stores . . . save some money for Palladium’s Christmas Grab Bags, Rifts® Sourcebook One and the mountain of sourcebooks that WILL be released in 2007, starting in January. ;)

Thanks for listening to my muttering, murmuring and silliness. Ho, ho, ho.

Kevin Siembieda
President, Publisher, Artist, Writer, and Surrogate Santa
© November 21, 2006

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”