[b]Robotech and other updates Sept 28 2006[/b]

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

[b]Robotech and other updates Sept 28 2006[/b]

Unread post by Kevin »

Robotech and other updates Sept 28 2006

Robotech®

I have had the privilege of viewing Robotech®: Shadow Chronicles and I have to say I was very impressed. In fact, I called Tommy Yune immediately afterward to say, "Thank you for bringing Robotech® back to life for us fans."

The Robotech®: Shadow Chronicles story is compelling and the animation is nicely done. It's a different style from the original series and Sentinels, giving the animation a more modern, "contemporary" look and feel. I liked it. There is plenty of homage to the original Robotech series, as well as new characters, some old characters, nice combat scenes and some cool new designs. I think Robotech fans are going to be very pleased with this movie. I loved it and I want more! Hey, Harmony Gold, get those animators revved up and working on the next Shadow Chronicles movie -- or better yet, a new TV series! (Yes, I know, easier said than done, but that'd be sweet.)

When I was done viewing the movie it left me screaming for more and wanting to watch the original series again. For me in particular, it made me want to get to work writing the new RPG books! We hope to have the licensing agreement finalized very soon! February or March 2007 is our target date for the release of the first, new, Robotech RPG title.

How did we rank Robotech®: Shadow Chronicles – on a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being the highest score:
10 - Kevin
9 - Chris
9 - Alex
9 - Julius
8 - Wayne

Rifts® Movie rumblings . . .

There have been some rumblings from Hollywood concerning the Rifts® Movie. Currently, it seems likely that the movie option will be extended. This is excellent news, but there’s nothing else to report . . . at least not at this time.

The Book Trade

Tony Falzon’s efforts to get Palladium RPG titles into the book trade on a much broader scale appears to be working. We are excited about the prospects for the future and will keep you posted on developments.

Dave Dorman is back

Dave Dorman, the artist who did the covers for most of the Coalition War (Siege on Tolkeen) series, as well as the Rifts® Game Master Guide and other book covers, will be doing the cover to D-Bees of North America. We always enjoyed Dave’s art and we’re delighted to have him back on board. You'll be seeing more of Dave in the future (as well as Johnny Z, Mark Evans, E.M. Gist and others).

In the meanwhile . . .

We are prepping for our next couple of conventions: Ubercon VIII (New Jersey) and Youmacon 2 (an anime convention in Troy, MI, November 3-4).

We have also been rearranging work areas in the warehouse in preparation for Christmas Grab Bags and the Palladium Open House (May 4-6, 2007). Otherwise, we’re all busy working on this, that and the other thing. Some of which – if they work out – could help Palladium get back on its feet. Unfortunately, it seems every deal we are exploring has a payoff that is months or even years away. A bit frustrating as we could use a cash infusion now!

How is Henry Siembieda doing?

That is a frequently asked question of late. I want to thank the many of you who have inquired about my father by e-mail and even a few telephone calls.

For those of you unaware of it, back in August, my 75 year old father, Henry, tripped in a parking lot pothole, fell hard, bruised his ribs and fractured the elbow on his left arm. The arm has been in a cast for the last 5-6 weeks.

We thought he'd be getting the cast removed soon, but there have been complications.

It now seems the damage to the elbow was more severe than originally believed and Hank may have to undergo surgery and possibly even face getting a plastic replacement elbow. Ouch. We hope not as that would be very hard on someone his age. The doctors want to leave the arm in the cast an extra couple of weeks and see how it mends before moving toward surgery, but Hank's prospects don't look good.

Wish I had better news to report. I just found out a little earlier today and I've been blue about it since. Hank is a good guy and a great Dad. I wish he didn't have to go through this and we miss him around the office. I guess at this point all we can do is hope for the best.

Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Negotiator and Busy Person
September 28, 2006 ©

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”