Books with info on the Old Kingdoms

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

There is some info in the WE sourcebook.

Other info bout the OK can be found in Island at the Edge, Old Ones and a little in Eastern Terrirtories, but for your campaign, WE and bits and pieces in Island provide info (though not much).

of course, there is Old Kingdom Mountains and Old Kingdom Lowlands, to be released in, uhm, 1996, or so. :-(
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

I thought it was earlier than that.

yes, Island at the edge of the world has part of it's adventure set in the old kingdom mountains. does not say much but can give you some hints at what the area is like.

western empire has good infor about the western old kindom (lowlands) and what the western empire is fighting and what they plan to do about expantion.

Eastern teritory talks about hoards, pillaging the east. it has some info that relates to what abuts the eastern teritory but not to much more. but it is a good book all by itself.

Library of bletherad has info on the elf dwarf war which is great to see what it was like, were old ruins are and based on what the books say is going on you can extrapolate some homebrew on what the interior is like.

I have yet to read baalgor, but considering it was The city of the elf empire it may have something to work from. can anyone confirm this?
Munchkin Cat Minion
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:I have yet to read baalgor, but considering it was The city of the elf empire it may have something to work from. can anyone confirm this?

Hey, welcome back Adam. any how to answer your question...no, not really. There is some info on Old Kingdoms (albeit small) bordering the Old Kingdoms is the Baalgor Mts. but not that much info.

So far it seems the book with the most info one this area is Island at the edge of the world, a good book for the area IMHO
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Entiago wrote:
Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:I have yet to read baalgor, but considering it was The city of the elf empire it may have something to work from. can anyone confirm this?

Hey, welcome back Adam. any how to answer your question...no, not really. There is some info on Old Kingdoms (albeit small) bordering the Old Kingdoms is the Baalgor Mts. but not that much info.

So far it seems the book with the most info one this area is Island at the edge of the world, a good book for the area IMHO

Thanks and thanks. looks like I'll have some time to read the book inthe coming weeks.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Yeah, nevermind...Thread necromancy.

Whoops.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Vidynn wrote:of course, there is Old Kingdom Mountains and Old Kingdom Lowlands, to be released in, uhm, 1996, or so. :-(

1995.. :p
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Vidynn wrote:of course, there is Old Kingdom Mountains and Old Kingdom Lowlands, to be released in, uhm, 1996, or so. :-(

Sure about that, GS? 8-)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
TonyTown
D-Bee

Unread post by TonyTown »

MrNexx wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

Sure about that, GS? 8-)

Man, those are two books i would pay 100's of dollars for. My original campaign is incomplete without the details in them and according to legend they were never released to the public is that true?
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

TonyTown wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:

Sure about that, GS? 8-)

Man, those are two books i would pay 100's of dollars for. My original campaign is incomplete without the details in them and according to legend they were never released to the public is that true?

Ain't no legend man, that is stone hard fact. (Though I've heard rumors that the manuscripts, or parts of them, are floating around the Palladium Megaverse, somewhere. Who knows?) But no, as of right now, there has never been any info on the Old Kingdoms released in the form of an official sourcebook. Just hints and peeks from other kingdoms books. 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
TonyTown
D-Bee

Unread post by TonyTown »

We kindof just winged it and a TON of the content in our own supplement could easily tread on what is in those books. Not overly worried about it, but its still something I would like to make seamless before giving up the rights to Kevin.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”