What are you looking forward to?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I wish I could have bought the SDF 1
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

There was just too much
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Also I wish I could have found the Star Wars character "Snaggletooth" for my girlfriends brother. Alas, I couldnt even find someone who knew what he looked like. And I couldnt find kevin @ the time.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I can see him in my mind right now, though I couldn't tell you if it was there.

..Xar and I felt the same, it was a bit too depressing to walk over there. At the end of the day on Saturday though I heard someone say "So buy something and send it back to him on his next birthday"; If I'd had the extra cash I would have in a heartbeat.

..As it was I spent more than $240 dollars catching up on books and other stuff.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..Xar and I felt the same, it was a bit too depressing to walk over there. At the end of the day on Saturday though I heard someone say "So buy something and send it back to him on his next birthday"; If I'd had the extra cash I would have in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that was me. Somebody (you?) was mentioning that it was depressing that Kevin had to sell his toys off, so I brought up the idea of buying his toys to give them back to him.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
MADMANMIKE

Killer Cyborg wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:..Xar and I felt the same, it was a bit too depressing to walk over there. At the end of the day on Saturday though I heard someone say "So buy something and send it back to him on his next birthday"; If I'd had the extra cash I would have in a heartbeat.

Yeah, that was me. Somebody (you?) was mentioning that it was depressing that Kevin had to sell his toys off, so I brought up the idea of buying his toys to give them back to him.

..That's right, I think it was Xar who'd said it out loud.

..I still don't have the weapons series books, Shadows of Light or either of the Dinosaur Swamp books. I had to pick and choose to get what I did get, just not enough cash to pick them all.

..After my conversation with Kent and his wife I just had to have an original of his work, and that cost $35. Toys were far too far down the priority list.

-Mike <8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I had that very same thought... and if I were a millionaire, Kev would get a warehouse full of toys for his birthday.

Alas, I figured buying what books I could and giving one toy of his a good home was what I could do.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
MADMANMIKE

Shadow_otm wrote:I think it's all agreed that if anyone here won the lotto, Palladium books would recieve a large check.

..No question. At least on my part it would be two, one for the finances and one for an extra dozen copies of everything they've got.

-Mike >8]
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I don't know who it was, but on Saturday morning, someone bought a toy, stood in line to have Kevin autograph a book, and handed him the toy and said, he had to take it or his wife would just throw it away (His wife's idea to buy the toy and give it back to Kevin). After a brief struggle (and me saying "Man you have to take it back now. It would be a waste otherwise."), Kevin gave in and took the toy back. But he was really touched and I know it meant a lot, because he was speechless for a moment.

BTW NMI, I'm sorry that we (me, Allen or Mark) couldn't help you then, but I found a picture now (too late, but it's the thought that counts, right?). I was picturing the right dude as it turns out, but didn't know how to describe him

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/snivvian/img/bts_bg.jpg
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:I wish I could have bought the SDF 1

My brother and my oldest son pooled their resources and bought it.

They're lucky, my friend was just walking over to buy it...

He was rather disappointed, but bought a Macross T-shirt instead. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I wish I could have bought both sets of glasses for my bar. The glasses sold out and I didnt preorder the second set.
MADMANMIKE

Greyaxe wrote:I wish I could have bought both sets of glasses for my bar. The glasses sold out and I didnt preorder the second set.

..Kev said they'd be available in June, order them online.

-Mike >8]

Return to “Palladium Open House”