Xiticix Invasion and Lazlo's war are still valid!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

:ok:
Sweet!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Xiticix Invasion and Lazlo's war are still valid!

Unread post by Samored II »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I got this from Kevin Siembieda himself at the open house. Over the years there's been a lot of comment that lazlo must have punked out on its war with the xiticix that was outlined in Xiticix invasion. Many people treat the book like "Highlander 2", claiming that it did not happen, using it to show Lazlo as being weak.

Not so according to Kevin Siembieda! Kevin said, specifically, that the Lazlo/Xiticix war is still canon material. Lazlo did NOT punk out and that the Coalition is likely to take a backseat and let Lazlo do all the work.
The war will be detailed, most likely, in a Lazlo book to be written by Carmen Bellaire.
Everything in the back of Xiticix Invasion should still be considered legit. No, the Coalition isn't going to do it. Lazlo is. It was never intended to appear that Lazlo backed off the xiticix.

Did he explain how Xiticix Invasion and Seige of Tolkeen could BOTH be canon? IIRC Holmes winning stunt shouldn't have happened.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Samored II wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I got this from Kevin Siembieda himself at the open house. Over the years there's been a lot of comment that lazlo must have punked out on its war with the xiticix that was outlined in Xiticix invasion. Many people treat the book like "Highlander 2", claiming that it did not happen, using it to show Lazlo as being weak.

Not so according to Kevin Siembieda! Kevin said, specifically, that the Lazlo/Xiticix war is still canon material. Lazlo did NOT punk out and that the Coalition is likely to take a backseat and let Lazlo do all the work.
The war will be detailed, most likely, in a Lazlo book to be written by Carmen Bellaire.
Everything in the back of Xiticix Invasion should still be considered legit. No, the Coalition isn't going to do it. Lazlo is. It was never intended to appear that Lazlo backed off the xiticix.

Did he explain how Xiticix Invasion and Seige of Tolkeen could BOTH be canon? IIRC Holmes winning stunt shouldn't have happened.

Holmes' stunt was not impossible...improbable, but not impossible.

I have seen many ways as to how he could have pulled it off.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Yes, SoT is over.

The problem was that some people, and I don't know how they came to this conclusion, had decided in the past that the SoT books render the Xiticix world book, or at least the Lazlo War to be uncanonical.

~ Josh
Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Yes, SoT is over.

The problem was that some people, and I don't know how they came to this conclusion, had decided in the past that the SoT books render the Xiticix world book, or at least the Lazlo War to be uncanonical.

~ Josh

Not true. I am confused that Holmes was able to move hundreds of thousands of troops with giant Mecha through the Hivelands when Xiticix Invasion has the Bugs attacking groups larger than 5-10 troopers and one Mech. They both are canon; but the SoT feels too contrived and inconsistent.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Samored II wrote:

~ Josh

Not true. I am confused that Holmes was able to move hundreds of thousands of troops with giant Mecha through the Hivelands when Xiticix Invasion has the Bugs attacking groups larger than 5-10 troopers and one Mech. They both are canon; but the SoT feels too contrived and inconsistent.

How do you know that Holmes didn't break his army up into groups of 5-10? There is nothing in the text to suggest that he did not.

~ Josh
Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Samored II wrote:

~ Josh

How do you know that Holmes didn't break his army up into groups of 5-10? There is nothing in the text to suggest that he did not.

~ Josh

Per Final Seige, Holmes kept the troops tightly grouped with flyers grounded. He moved almost a half-million troops, with flyers and giant-Mecha, through the Hivelands in direct opposition to Bug behavior described in Invasion
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

~ Josh

They came to that conclusion due to what was written in Aftermath.
I don't have the book with me, so I can't quote the page number.
I just ignored most of what was written in the Siege on Tolkeen where the xiticix were concerned, and went on...
In other words, Holmes and his force were killed by bugs, the survivors starved to death or went cannibal.
A very few were rescued by Lazlo forces fighting the xiticix.
The CS barely beat Tolkeen {most of the Dragon Kings stayed and swatted them like the pests they were, and left only after the CS launched their nukes}, and are in a more realistic hurt-locker. The victory was Pyrhic.
Last edited by Vrykolas2k on Tue May 09, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion

darkmax wrote:Perhaps they flew high enough that the bugs cannot intercept them. It could also be the Xiticix are cautious and watched such a huge number of troops for any attck, rather than firing the first shot and engaging in a all-out assault.

Or it could very well be that the queen(s) wanted to watch and then move, rather than risking unnecessary casualties. Perhaps they are gathering precious number for an all-out invasion on the Coalition.

That would work for the very few flying units he had that could reach high enough altitudes, but they still lacked the supplies to survive months in the wilderness.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Vrykolas2k
Champion

Tamaranis wrote:Actually, I think Xiticix territory doesn't have much life besides Xiticix in it. They wipe out plantlife by paving over the ground with their resin, so the base of the food chain is removed and everything else has to migrate out or starve.

True.
And, no one, not even the CS, knew that Holmes was {according to canon} still alive.
No air-drops.
They had only what they managed to run with during the Sorcerer's Revenge.

Vrykolas2k
Champion

darkmax wrote:looks like I need to have those books to make a credible and plausible scenario here.

Pretty much, but nae worries, it's an olde arguement.

Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Yeah. Because letting the guys with the nuclear weapons do it would make too much sense... :roll:

Well, Open House is over. Back to poking holes Palladium continuity for me! Hey Brandon... just wait till I get Madhaven. I'll make you sorry you ever met me!
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

EL magico

sweet

As for Jericho, yes it ranks up there with the D-Day, hannibal trips over the alps, and many other ones that you some would be shocked and stunned that the leader pulled it off

Coalition States Has the most information on the Xiticix and Jericho have this information so with a goldern horseshoe shove up his ass , yes jericho homles could do it
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Mech-Viper wrote:EL magico

sweet

As for Jericho, yes it ranks up there with the D-Day, hannibal trips over the alps, and many other ones that you some would be shocked and stunned that the leader pulled it off

Coalition States Has the most information on the Xiticix and Jericho have this information so with a goldern horseshoe shove up his ass , yes jericho homles could do it

:lol:
Hannibal had supplies.
D-Day was very well planned.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:EL magico

sweet

:lol:
Hannibal had supplies.
D-Day was very well planned.
yeah D-day was a chance as best
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

yep, d-day was well planned, except for the fact that some of their people landed too far away and their air support never showed up...
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Hey Brandon... just wait till I get Madhaven. I'll make you sorry you ever met me!

I doubt I will be sorry, but I bet finding continuity problems will be difficult. I will, however say that I will write an OFFICIAL article that says any character named PHLEBUS or any character played by Braden will be the first target of any creature in Madhaven if you make my online life too hard. hahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

darkmax wrote:Awww... man! Instead of using Smoke bombs, just use extra-strength, specially formulated insecticide. Just say that each of them carry 10 cans. After all, not all the soldiers will need to use all at once. Only those in the perimeter.
This is a good question as there is nothing to say that Xiticix are immune to drugs and poision. Many truly supernatural, magical beings (demons etc.) are totally immune them but there is no mention of that in the Xiticix descriptions. However they do have supernatural PE which makes you think there not going to be killed off by some garden variety bug spray, also makes you think smoke would not be as effective as it is on bees.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

At last! a Meta-plat from Kev that I respect! The fact that Lazlo is based off the ressurected ruins of my home-town has nothing to do with my sentiments..really...nothing. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Vrykolas2k wrote:

They came to that conclusion due to what was written in Aftermath.
I don't have the book with me, so I can't quote the page number.
I just ignored most of what was written in the Siege on Tolkeen where the xiticix were concerned, and went on...
In other words, Holmes and his force were killed by bugs, the survivors starved to death or went cannibal.
A very few were rescued by Lazlo forces fighting the xiticix.
The CS barely beat Tolkeen {most of the Dragon Kings stayed and swatted them like the pests they were, and left only after the CS launched their nukes}, and are in a more realistic hurt-locker. The victory was Pyrhic.
Word... :ok:

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Killer Cyborg wrote::ok:
Sweet!
I see Killer's "sweet" and raise it to a Peter Griffin "freakin sweet!!"
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

darkmax wrote:If troops are meant to go to war, they usually carry enough rations to last a long long time, in case they are stranded in the enemie's territories. But this amount of time they are in the forest may not warrant the food supply to last.

However, Xiticix territories does not only have Xiticix. There are also animals.

Moreover, any airborne carrier would have additional supplies for emergencies during war.

Then again, a few weeks is quite a stretch.
Brother, I served at one time, and let me tell you.......if your Troops haven't been given packs of MREs in advance, keeping even a few Battallions fed and watered for days at a time is a Logistics Problem all by itself.

Much less 300,000 to 500,000 Troops over weeks without any supply lines whatsoever, in the middle of land sterilized by the Xiticix.

Storyline aside, the actions of Holmes' Armies on the one hand (absolutely refusing to fight even though they lost tens of thousands of Troops; according to the Books, not one Soldier fired off a shot after ordered not to despite watching their friends getting literally chewed to pieces) and the Xiticix on the other hand (breaking off an Attack where they had the numerical advantage, were in a frenzy, and were described as ruthless in the Xiticix Book) are quite implausible.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

newbee2004 wrote:
use smoke as both an irritant to keep the Xiticix
away and as cover,

I think this is the big factor. Smoke used right would confuse and blind the Xiticix. earth bees (killer and honey) swarm and attack when their hive is threaten, but bee keeps use smoke to confuse them and block the senses so they do nothing. Being as the Xiticix have been compaired to bees both physically and mentaly. This could have worked.
Xiticix are immune to almost everything toxic or "irritating."

Furthermore, most of the time they act like Insects, but they have IQs as a Species, especially the Super-Warriors, Generals, and Queens, to rival Desmond Bradford's.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

darkmax wrote:Awww... man! Instead of using Smoke bombs, just use extra-strength, specially formulated insecticide. Just say that each of them carry 10 cans. After all, not all the soldiers will need to use all at once. Only those in the perimeter.
Xiticix are totally immune to Poisons.....and so is their Sludge (Food).

Kevin has pretty much written/created the Xiticix so that you'll be forced to fight them in hand-to-hand combat.

grandmaster z0b
Champion

cornholioprime wrote:

Kevin has pretty much written/created the Xiticix so that you'll be forced to fight them in hand-to-hand combat.
I know they have supernatural PE but I cannot see anything in Xiticix invasion about them being completely immune. Some demons are specifically described as immune to drugs and poison, but not all and not Xiticix unless there is some fluff text I'm missing.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

I know they have supernatural PE but I cannot see anything in Xiticix invasion about them being completely immune. Some demons are specifically described as immune to drugs and poison, but not all and not Xiticix unless there is some fluff text I'm missing.
Yeah, I checked back up on it.

I was wrong to say that the Xits are themselves immune to Toxins; nothing was directly stated.

However, between you and me, even Desmond Bradford, with several Xs to study, wasn't apparently able to develop an Xiticix-specifc Poison, opting to go with the X-Killer instead....

grandmaster z0b
Champion

cornholioprime wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

I was wrong to say that the Xits are themselves immune to Toxins; nothing was directly stated.

However, between you and me, even Desmond Bradford, with several Xs to study, wasn't apparently able to develop an Xiticix-specifc Poison, opting to go with the X-Killer instead....
I do remeber one thing, in the adventure in Xiticix invasion it states that the disease wouldn't do much due to their resistance to disease and toxins. Hardly canon though, more adventure fluff.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Prince Artemis wrote:yep, d-day was well planned, except for the fact that some of their people landed too far away and their air support never showed up...
yup , if the weather dont break d-day would have been a disaster too

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

I do remeber one thing, in the adventure in Xiticix invasion it states that the disease wouldn't do much due to their resistance to disease and toxins. Hardly canon though, more adventure fluff.
fungus is highly resistance to poisons , if you kill that off, Xiticix would move to a new food source

grandmaster z0b
Champion

Mech-Viper wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

fungus is highly resistance to poisons , if you kill that off, Xiticix would move to a new food source
The food source seems to be the only thing that nobody knows about, neither the CS nor the Wild Psi-Stalkers. However it is stated that the fungus is also highly resistant to disease.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:
darkmax wrote:If troops are meant to go to war, they usually carry enough rations to last a long long time, in case they are stranded in the enemie's territories. But this amount of time they are in the forest may not warrant the food supply to last.

However, Xiticix territories does not only have Xiticix. There are also animals.

Moreover, any airborne carrier would have additional supplies for emergencies during war.

Then again, a few weeks is quite a stretch.
Brother, I served at one time, and let me tell you.......if your Troops haven't been given packs of MREs in advance, keeping even a few Battallions fed and watered for days at a time is a Logistics Problem all by itself.

Much less 300,000 to 500,000 Troops over weeks without any supply lines whatsoever, in the middle of land sterilized by the Xiticix.

Storyline aside, the actions of Holmes' Armies on the one hand (absolutely refusing to fight even though they lost tens of thousands of Troops; according to the Books, not one Soldier fired off a shot after ordered not to despite watching their friends getting literally chewed to pieces) and the Xiticix on the other hand (breaking off an Attack where they had the numerical advantage, were in a frenzy, and were described as ruthless in the Xiticix Book) are quite implausible.

Holmes troops took mininal losses in the SOT, so his units might have been still well stocked on everything including food , and we dont know what vechiles were in the convoy, so 10 field kitcherns could have been there too. hell my old top had us put 10 extra gallons of water on the tanks just in case, colonel like the idea. it became an unsaid law of going downrange, most military soldiers bring extra stuff with them to the field, and supply sergeants normaly make a killing downrange with a semi-blackmarket (downrange PX), 50 cents up to a 1 dollar extra here and there and all of it, went back into the company fund. so i can see this still happening and Jericho ordering all to be rounded up after it calmed down to given back out to the units along with fresh meat gather from the surrounding area

Homles had a plan for this type of event, just in case he needed it, much like US military plans to invade Canada or Spain, you always have plans just incase you need them

they were only under attack from the xiticix for 72 hours and used defensive moves only, so smoke grenades getting shot into xiticix mouths I can see happening and after a few times i can see the other xiticix not messing with this mech

Xiticix know the CS, so this non-attack would have puzzle the xiticix,or maybe they thought it was just to draw them away from another area, while a swarm attack(meaning every xiticix in the hive is attacking you is normally the last attack when the hive is in danger, not the first move, attacking at full force is a great way of getting your hive in trouble from other rivals(aka the other hives)

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

grandmaster z0b wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

The food source seems to be the only thing that nobody knows about, neither the CS nor the Wild Psi-Stalkers. However it is stated that the fungus is also highly resistant to disease.
one of the thoeries in the book is that they have underground farms, which is the truth but everybody thinks it's outlandish

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Problem with claiming Holmes and co were well supplied is that in Sorcerous Revenge it specifically describes them as being awakened in their bunks, many not even having time to put on armor, and being driven into the hivelands by the Tolkeen army in a matter of minutes, maybe an hour or so at best.
yup that might be a problem, but combat troops normally dont sleep far from thier equipment while in the field and sometimes with vechiles, that is thier bunk. meanwhile we dont know how well the units under holmes command are stocked, all we know they could have been restocked two days , before tolkeen counter-strike.

Slag

Unread post by Slag »

I'm looking forward to seeing what Carmen can do with the Lazlo and Xiticix War! :ok:

As for Holmes v. Otherworldly Bugs (Stuperior Court case #5876940) please refer to my sig. You'll see it dangling there above my Ba'als.
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Slag, didn't he mention Lazlo having some hardcore militant anti-coalition underground?

To be honest I'm not sure...

That said I got the vibe that the "CS Fanboy" opinion that "Lazlo's a bunch of ghatdam hippies!" is rather ill-founded...

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Problem with claiming Holmes and co were well supplied is that in Sorcerous Revenge it specifically describes them as being awakened in their bunks, many not even having time to put on armor, and being driven into the hivelands by the Tolkeen army in a matter of minutes, maybe an hour or so at best.
yup that might be a problem, but combat troops normally dont sleep far from thier equipment while in the field and sometimes with vechiles, that is thier bunk. meanwhile we dont know how well the units under holmes command are stocked, all we know they could have been restocked two days , before tolkeen counter-strike.

It's a matter of what they could grab in the ensuing chaos.

Quick! Thousands of mages, demons, monsters, and mercenaries just rifted right into the middle of your camp! Lightning's flashing, your buddies are being killed by the hundreds, some of them actually being picked up and devoured alive by daemonix!
What are you going to do first? Put on armor?
Grab a rifle?
Stock up on several months worth of MREs, just in case?
Make the decision, quick!
Me?
Hit the pilot and get our kill on them, d-bee magic scum crap striking at us while we were trying to sleep

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Mech-Viper wrote:

Combat troops sleep with their equipment and vehicles when at or near the front lines. AFAIK logistics dumps, where he'd need to be sitting, are not on the front lines or near-by. Sorcerors Revenge hit the CS lines and split Holmes's troops off from the main body and they retreated into the Hivelands. It was a combat retreat not a planned maneuver so all the plans were Holmes took bug repellent and six months rations with him don't fit into the canon storyline.
Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jack Daniels »

Mech-Viper wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

What are you going to do first? Put on armor?
Grab a rifle?
Stock up on several months worth of MREs, just in case?
Make the decision, quick!
Me?
Hit the pilot and get our kill on them, d-bee magic scum crap striking at us while we were trying to sleep

Right, so now you've killed several of the damn Tolkeenites, and you feel good about it. I expect your reaction is the most realistic course of action that the CS troops could have taken under the circumstances, aside from cowering and running which always happens to some extent. Of course at this point it doesn't matter how the Xiticix act because you and your 500,000 friends are going to starve because you fought back against your attackers instead of grabbing supplies for an extended 8 month wilderness adventure you didn't expect to be going on.
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

(Psst! there's a thread for this, eh? viewtopic.php?t=58200 can we talk aboot Lazlo's war with the bugs here, eh?)

Slag

Unread post by Slag »

I'm curious to see the Lazlo book. Knowing how quickly Carmen writes I expect a manuscript in aboot 20 minutes, eh? :D

So, extrapolating on the Bug War tactics in Xiticix WB, who do you want in your Exterminator party?

Me: I want...

Spider Tribe Psi Stalker or three
Shifter w/ lots of portal-you-the-frack-out-of-there spells and some "small, fast, & nasty" friends
LLW with Teleport Superior
TW
Warlock or Fusionist
Small, manuverable PA or Borg as a heavy hitter
Juicer, Crazy, or other quick & tough
Psi Ghost for scouting
NatAm Tribal Warrior and/or Shaman

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Slag wrote:I'm curious to see the Lazlo book. Knowing how quickly Carmen writes I expect a manuscript in aboot 20 minutes, eh? :D

So, extrapolating on the Bug War tactics in Xiticix WB, who do you want in your Exterminator party?

Me: I want...

Spider Tribe Psi Stalker or three
Shifter w/ lots of portal-you-the-frack-out-of-there spells and some "small, fast, & nasty" friends
LLW with Teleport Superior
TW
Warlock or Fusionist
Small, manuverable PA or Borg as a heavy hitter
Juicer, Crazy, or other quick & tough
Psi Ghost for scouting
NatAm Tribal Warrior and/or Shaman

Add a Burster or two. Walls of MDC flame to seal off tunnels or channel Xiticix into kill zones.
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

Samored II wrote:Add a Burster or two. Walls of MDC flame to seal off tunnels or channel Xiticix into kill zones.

:ok:

1) regardless of how Holmes survived he did so its a moot point arguing over it .

:D :D GLORY HALELUYAH!!! HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!! :D :D

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

darkspring wrote:1) regardless of how Holmes survived he did so its a moot point arguing over it .

Obviously it was assumed his survival involved pretending Xiticix Invasion didn't happen a la Highlander 2.

2) Why would the leadership of Lazlo be so stupid to launch a offensive on the Xiticix while the war between tolkeen and the coalition is raging . It makes perfect sense to wait until its over , regardless of how quick the Xiticix reproduce becouse either side could have seen it as a threat and attacked Lazlos forces .

IIRC Lazlo planned a series of surgical strikes against the Hive Queens not a mass overland offensive. Unless Tolkeen and the CS were fighting in the Hives they'd never see Lazlo troops.

3) Xiticix queens are highly intelligent and perhaps the queen of this hive decided that engaging so many adveraries who were not making hostile action woul be a silly idea

So you are making the Highlander 2 arguement after all? The Xiticix were written as a stimulous-response instinct directed hive not a collective mind. The queens are in control but they don't make every decision for individuals. Unless you assume Invasion didn't happen...
Vrykolas2k
Champion

grandmaster z0b wrote:
This is a good question as there is nothing to say that Xiticix are immune to drugs and poision. Many truly supernatural, magical beings (demons etc.) are totally immune them but there is no mention of that in the Xiticix descriptions. However they do have supernatural PE which makes you think there not going to be killed off by some garden variety bug spray, also makes you think smoke would not be as effective as it is on bees.

Where did they get these supplies of insecticides...?

Vrykolas2k
Champion

Prince Artemis wrote:yep, d-day was well planned, except for the fact that some of their people landed too far away and their air support never showed up...

And Germany's best troops were in Italy, where they thought Patton was going to attack from...

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

*steps around layer of thinly pounded horse goo.*

Good to hear that Lazlo didn't quit/change their minds and that the war is still canon.

Also glad to hear that they're not a bunch of hippies.

Now, who's going to clean this horse goo off the boards? :P
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

its done, its canon, deal with it, you have a problem, write to Kevin or do a book yourself and submit it.

Holmes had current intelligence reports on the Xiticix , and figured out Tolkeen's plans for him and his troops, now could he form a plan quickly, i think he could, he did beat an attacking force of 300 all by himself and killed 230 of them, Jericho Holmes is the Coalition's Version of Captian America only without the shield and suit.

You can last about eleven days without water, the human body is quite amazing.
:D

72 hours under a swarm of 180k to 250k Xiticix over

leaving 72k to 100k to follow holmes

Holmes started this with over 408k troops ended with 308k
odds are holmes losted 23%(93840 troops) during the first 72 hours and 2% during the three weeks,

remember Holmes dont let his troops stop for long, Movement is key in dealing with the Xiticx, if Holmes ordered his troops to stand and fight the Xiticix, he knew the would be ripped apart( tolkeen's plan) But guess who collects the most information on the Xiticix, the coalition and they share it with everybody.
Now the three weeks were no as bad as the 72 hours , xiticix were mostly hovering and buzz drive them, no real lethal attacks, just a reminder that hey we are still here, so troops could get out and search for supplies in squads in small numbers maybe 6 or less

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Mech-Viper wrote:Holmes had current intelligence reports on the Xiticix , and figured out Tolkeen's plans for him and his troops, now could he form a plan quickly, i think he could, he did beat an attacking force of 300 all by himself and killed 230 of them, Jericho Holmes is the Coalition's Version of Captian America only without the shield and suit.

Holmes figures out Tolkeen plans so fast his men were killed in their bunks during Sorcerors Revenge.

Wrong. You start to die after three days without water. Combat effectiveness suffers long before that point. You think you can march through hostile territory in a eight day coma? Try not drinking for 11 days.

remember Holmes dont let his troops stop for long, Movement is key in dealing with the Xiticx, if Holmes ordered his troops to stand and fight the Xiticix, he knew the would be ripped apart( tolkeen's plan) But guess who collects the most information on the Xiticix, the coalition and they share it with everybody.
Now the three weeks were no as bad as the 72 hours , xiticix were mostly hovering and buzz drive them, no real lethal attacks, just a reminder that hey we are still here, so troops could get out and search for supplies in squads in small numbers maybe 6 or less

According to Xiticix Invasion numbers and size trigger an attack swarm. Not movement alone. So grouping up and moving slow just makes Holmes Army a fat, easily to shoot, target.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Samored II wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:Holmes had current intelligence reports on the Xiticix , and figured out Tolkeen's plans for him and his troops, now could he form a plan quickly, i think he could, he did beat an attacking force of 300 all by himself and killed 230 of them, Jericho Holmes is the Coalition's Version of Captian America only without the shield and suit.

Holmes figures out Tolkeen plans so fast his men were killed in their bunks during Sorcerors Revenge.
hey the books says he did , so he did

Wrong. You start to die after three days without water. Combat effectiveness suffers long before that point. You think you can march through hostile territory in a eight day coma? Try not drinking for 11 days.
Living without food... for 65 years man where do you get your info, depending on your willpower, condition of your body, season.

an average person could live for about eight weeks on water alone, give or take about a week for an over- or underweight person, respectively.

Your average Joe/Jane, weight-wise, has enough fat reserves to live for four to six weeks without food
and remember one important thing they were inside of some type of vechile.

According to Xiticix Invasion numbers and size trigger an attack swarm. Not movement alone. So grouping up and moving slow just makes Holmes Army a fat, easily to shoot, target.
:lol: :lol: read the rest of the book

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Mech-Viper]
[quote] wrote:
Living without food... for 65 years man where do you get your info, depending on your willpower, condition of your body, season.

an average person could live for about eight weeks on water alone, give or take about a week for an over- or underweight person, respectively.

Your average Joe/Jane, weight-wise, has enough fat reserves to live for four to six weeks without food
and remember one important thing they were inside of some type of vechile.

You seem unable to distinguish between F-O-O-D and W-A-T-E-R. Three days without WATER and you begin to die. You calim to have been in the military? Perhaps they mentioned that little fact sometime. Two gallons of water per man per day X 400,000 men X three days= 2.4 million gallons X 8 pounds per gallon = 19,200,000 pounds of water Holmes has to haul around just to get through the first three days. Where'd he get it?

Return to “Rifts®”