Formation 1 (you know who you are)...

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Formation 1 (you know who you are)...

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

The Cadre thanks you for your fine work, and hopes to enlist your services again soon.

Michael Klass himself was quoted as saying: "A finer group of soldiers there has never been. If these men and women are representative of those who seek to found a Council of Free Worlds, then we cannot help but succeed."

Great game, guys. Thanks for everything. Be sure to brag about me...

;)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sorry we didnt have more time to talk Braden. I assume your games went well?

Mine 1st game ran well into my 2nd game slot. Lasted 6 hrs or so. Whew. Apparently my games length had reached the ears of Kevin himself.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Braden Campbell

Yeah... it was pretty sweet. And only went one hour over (5 in total).

I think my Pre-gen Player Packs will become something of a legend, for any who saw them...
Braden, GMPhD

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Yeah... it was pretty sweet. And only went one hour over (5 in total).

I think my Pre-gen Player Packs will become something of a legend, for any who saw them...
Yeah I had some great ideas for sheets/info or what you called/ coined "Player Packs". Unfortunately, real life got in the way of preparing for my games 100%
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

The player packs were indeed super sexy!

Well not sexy, but they were super. Awesome game.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

so please describe these "player packs".
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Grrr... I didn't get into that game. Braden is a thurough GM. Definately deserves the PhD.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

They were portfolios he created for each of us. There was the scenario breakdown as posted before, as well as an expanded write up of Good Hope...Including color maps and banners that he had worked in to the text. Also, he had created a new race who were mercenaries for the adventure. So, he detailed them out and printed their stats for everyone, as well as their principle weapons. Then (I was an Imperial Legionnaire) he had reprinted stats for the weapons specific to each character. Finally, the character sheet was included

In all, a very slick package that will make all of my gamers back home drool.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

I'm so damn jealous. The fates conspired to see my game remain incomplete (was supposed to be finished at the hotel). Even after only getting 20 minutes of sleep between Friday and Saturday, it still wasn't finished on time. At least the majority of those signed up are feasible to get back together this summer. My sincerest apologies are reserved for both Fred and DLDC who seemed extremely pumped to play in my adventure, but won't get to now. Sorry guys. :-(

On top of that, I didn't get to jump in on any games since I was busting my butt attempting to finish mine... but I guess there's always next time. :-?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

That would be absolutely perfect for the game Demos people are talking about doing for their communities... What is the recipe? :cute:
Braden Campbell

Xar wrote:They were portfolios he created for each of us. There was the scenario breakdown as posted before, as well as an expanded write up of Good Hope...Including color maps and banners that he had worked in to the text. Also, he had created a new race who were mercenaries for the adventure. So, he detailed them out and printed their stats for everyone, as well as their principle weapons. Then (I was an Imperial Legionnaire) he had reprinted stats for the weapons specific to each character. Finally, the character sheet was included

The idea was to give the players everything they might need for the adventure in terms of stuff and numbers... with some cool background info as well. It was packaged as if it were the dossier they were recieving in regards to their mission. Cost me a few bucks to get it printed on nice paper and bound at Staples, but well worth it.

I should have signed them, though. Oh well.
Braden, GMPhD

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ill get you to sign mine later. (kidding) Great game Bray Posted a thread saying so.

Return to “Palladium Open House”