At the hotel!!!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Same Here

Unread post by Incriptus »

Yup, I am here too . . . i'm thinking about going to catch Mission Impossible 3 at the theater right down the road :-)
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Arrived at 3:00 PM, putting the finishing touches on my games and getting ready for VIP night!
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

Hey hey! Me and my companions (Kaz included!) are wonderin where everyone is?! Our room number is 576, so reply and leave your own room #, also we looked into that game that supposedly would start at 6:30, and after a lengthy search for the room (This hotel is seriously in some kind of time..space paradox) we found it empty.

So, guess that means it'll start at 10:30? Alright, so yeah, lets get some gaming going on!!
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

So, we've met up with two groups, one forum related, the other was Ubistvo. SO...where's everyone else?
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Wow...

I suddenly feel really sad and really lonely.

:lol:

~ Josh
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Dude, i wish you were here! That would have rocked. Perhaps at another convention in the future? Have a good one.

Also, a self edit: "One UNrelated to the forums."

Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

574, surfing the net instead of finishing my games for tomorrow.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

Warwolf and I are in 567
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Xar and I are in 135.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Wow...

I suddenly feel really sad and really lonely.

:lol:

~ Josh

You and me both. It sucks I had to miss a big event like this.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Room 560

Unread post by Subjugator »

I was in room 560.

;)

Subbie
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I was in room 170 along with my girlfriend and the jacuzzi!
Rowr!!! Had a blast.

Ubistvo - Nice meeting you and I truely hope you enjoyed the game. I apologized for not being 100% ready and if the game seemed to slow down a bit. I got really tired @ the end. It was a blas GM'ing for you and getting to meet you. I hope to do it agian.

Reelman - Nice talking to you again.

Joseph Kerr - I am sorry you didnt get a chance to get into my game. I forgot why you said you couldnt make it, but either way I hope you had a good time @ the Open House. My 1st game started @ 11:30a and didnt end til about 5:30p-6:00p (Almost 2 hours after my 2nd game was suppose to start. Again I hope it wasnt my lengthy 1st game that kept you from the 2nd.

Spectr / Warwolf - I believe I met/ talked to Warwolf. Nice meeting you all.

Citizen Lazlo - Nice meeting you.

Krysania Tarnis(sp?) - Nice meeting you and the gentleman who was with you (forgot the name dude :) ) I hope I made a good impression on both of you and that you both had a good time!

Scott Samsom/ Jeffry Hansen - Good meeting you, young Sith Lord!!! I passed the word on your book to everyone I talked to, the best I could.

Carl Gleba - Nice talking to you and thank you for the maps/print. I have a feeling your "Fecklars Star" (3 Galaxies) has something to do with the upcoming Minion Wars. I cant wait to see if I am right.

Jason Richards - Again nice talking to you as well. Your enthusiasm for the game shows in your work and in your personality. I hope to see more of your work

Everyone else - Fans, friends, and to those that actually planned/ wanted to meet me, thanx for the good time.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Khrysania Tarrinas wrote:Todd Yoho, it was nice talking to you again in person.

Likewise. :D

I was so glad to see everyone again, and meet a whole slew of new folks. :ok: Maybe next time I won't be under the weather, which put a perpetual damper on my otherwise fantastic weekend. :-(

Thanks to everyone who came up and said hello.
Insert 400 character limit here.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I still owe Todd a Beer. I'll just get a bunch of microbew for ya (you know...Interest)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Khrysania Tarrinas wrote:It was nice meeting you at last! We were looking forward to meeting you at the open house and yes you made a good impression. Though, you seemed a bit tired, I hope you got some good sleep Saturday night instead of gaming all night ;) -Khrys
Yeah, I was a bit tired. For about 2 wks straight I had not been sleeping well. Only getting about 5 hrs of sleep on average per night. But I had fun and I am glad you did too! Oh and when I met you on Saturday, I believe I just ended or was near the end of my 6hr+ game. Whew!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
MADMANMIKE

Todd Yoho wrote:
Khrysania Tarrinas wrote:Todd Yoho, it was nice talking to you again in person.

Likewise. :D

I was so glad to see everyone again, and meet a whole slew of new folks. :ok: Maybe next time I won't be under the weather, which put a perpetual damper on my otherwise fantastic weekend. :-(

Thanks to everyone who came up and said hello.

..Todd, I was standing next to Carmen when you showed him your GlitterBoy Pic. Awesome work man, really nice.

..Did you find someone to scan it?

-Mike >8]
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I still owe Todd a Beer. I'll just get a bunch of microbew for ya (you know...Interest)

Mmmmmm, microbrews.... :bandit: That's cool, man. It was no biggie.

..Todd, I was standing next to Carmen when you showed him your GlitterBoy Pic. Awesome work man, really nice.

-Mike >8]

Actually that was a custom request (I think) sketch by Apollo. But, I'll go ahead and take credit for it. :wink:
Insert 400 character limit here.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Its the principle of the thing. hahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
MADMANMIKE

Todd Yoho wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I still owe Todd a Beer. I'll just get a bunch of microbew for ya (you know...Interest)

-Mike >8]

Actually that was a custom request (I think) sketch by Apollo. But, I'll go ahead and take credit for it. :wink:

..DOH! I need to get some sleep! I made that mistake earlier, than said, no wait that was Apollo. Then I gave you credit again. Bedee-bedee-bedee..

-Mike >8]
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Todd Yoho wrote:

-Mike >8]

..DOH! I need to get some sleep! I made that mistake earlier, than said, no wait that was Apollo. Then I gave you credit again. Bedee-bedee-bedee..

-Mike >8]

Was that the SD/Chibi Glitterboy Sketch with the snub nosed boom gun? If so, that was awesome. My bro wanted to ink that, so if anyone knows who commisioned that sketch from Apollo, could you ask if it's possible to scan it and email it to me, so I can get a copy to Allen to ink?
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MADMANMIKE

Jaguar Wong wrote:Was that the SD/Chibi Glitterboy Sketch with the snub nosed boom gun? If so, that was awesome. My bro wanted to ink that, so if anyone knows who commisioned that sketch from Apollo, could you ask if it's possible to scan it and email it to me, so I can get a copy to Allen to ink?

..Yeah, that was the one. He was really happy with the way it came out.

..I didn't hear who it was for though. :-(

..On a side note, I saw you two from across the room a dozen times but never got to meet you. I love your stuff and how your style has gotten better with each project. Great stuff.

-Mike <8]
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

MADMANMIKE wrote:..On a side note, I saw you two from across the room a dozen times but never got to meet you. I love your stuff and how your style has gotten better with each project. Great stuff.

-Mike <8]

LOL, thanks. I just finished posting about how I was hoping to get a chance to talk to you as well. There are just so many posters there that I didn't get a chance to even meet.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MADMANMIKE

.. I got quite a bit of video for the DVD, and had several shots with you and your brother (not sure which one of you I caught in line to get in Saturday). I'm going to have to clean up my hard drive before I can put it on a DVD and send it to RoadWarriorFWaNK for mixing.

-Mike >8]
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Khrysania Tarrinas wrote:It was nice meeting you at last! We were looking forward to meeting you at the open house and yes you made a good impression. Though, you seemed a bit tired, I hope you got some good sleep Saturday night instead of gaming all night ;)

Not too worry, we had a wonderful time. I was pretty tired by the time Lazlo Kid and I made our way over to chat at you. Silly me! I couldn't sleep the night before our drive from Grand Rapids (Like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa) and I only got about 4-5 hours of sleep. I was severely lacking coffee. :D

It really was a great day and I took some pics to show people at home, I hope to get a few on-line soon.

It was nice to see DarklordDC and his lovely lady there ("Rae" hope I remembered part of the screen name correctly, sorry if I didn't). Though I wish we had more time to talk! Then there was hitting White Castle with Midnite (Finally a face to go with the Screen name and it was fun hanging with you as well), chatting with Thomas Bertold (sp?) about genealogy and RPG's. Todd Yoho, it was nice talking to you again in person. There are many names I cannot remember (Sorry if I missed anyone). Last but not least, meeting Subjugator (Whom is a VERY enthusiastic, fellow fan to meet in person, very refreshing).

Thanks Kevin and Co. for a great time!

-Khrys

It was absolutely fantastic meeting you and Laz! It really was wonderful meeting everyone and getting to put faces to names.

I really hope they do this again. Like...a lot! While I probably won't spend like I did this time every time I go, but I'll definitely buy a ton of stuff every time.

Subbie/Dennis
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I was in 136. Didn't realize you were across the hall from us, Mike.

DAMMIT!!!!

Mike (and I) really regretted not getting to meet you more. We hung out all Sunday evening, in our room, and had a nice visit with Savariousx1 and his fiancee'. You were right across the hall!!!! We could have all chatted!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:I was in 136. Didn't realize you were across the hall from us, Mike.

DAMMIT!!!!

Mike (and I) really regretted not getting to meet you more. We hung out all Sunday evening, in our room, and had a nice visit with Savariousx1 and his fiancee'. You were right across the hall!!!! We could have all chatted!
~Xar~

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:It's alright. rae and I weren't in there Sunday evening. I had to go see my grandfather in Detroit. He has Parkinson's and is in pretty bad shape. :(

That sucks.

I had to head home early Sunday afternoon, due to the long drive to get home.
I looked for you to say goodbye, but didn't see you around.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Deific NMI wrote:Warwolf- I believe I met/ talked to Warwolf. Nice meeting you all.

Yeah, for a bit. It was good meeting you man, I just wished I had had more time to talk with people like you.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:It's alright. rae and I weren't in there Sunday evening. I had to go see my grandfather in Detroit. He has Parkinson's and is in pretty bad shape. :(

That sucks.

I had to head home early Sunday afternoon, due to the long drive to get home.
I looked for you to say goodbye, but didn't see you around.
I had to head home sunday for the same reason. Stopped @ Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch and then off it was.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I'm glad that you got a chance to see him.
~Xar~

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Savariousx1 wrote:WOW, Lots of People I did miss at Da'House in the open position.....
I didn't get to meet you El Magico, nor your woman. Wish I did though, from reading the posts the two of you sound like wonderful people.
NMI, I did get to meet you, we just never really got to talk. I heard your game was freakin cool though. I look forward to maybe a future event at the next open house.
We all know a next open house will probably happen, right? It would be absolutely asinine not to have another one. According to Kevin, they shattered all sales records for the month and any from cons. So I think it is a must to absolute repeat, and I when it happens will be the third to sign up, because I know NMI and Madmanmike are on these boards so much, they'll get word first, and beat me to the punch.
Mike, if you could send me a link to the pics you took I would really appreciate it. I like Bragging that I am taller then the Glitter Boy.
I cant wait to see what you and your crew put together out of the media you filmed. Knowing what I saw from your talent so far, it will be Highly entertaining.
Were you the tall white dude with the lovely lady beside you that I talked to on Sunday? Kinda tall, longish dark colour hair?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Was anyone near room 170?

Return to “Palladium Open House”