More pre-rifts equipment

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

More pre-rifts equipment

Unread post by Glistam »

I just picked up Chaos Earth recently as an early Christmas present. While I'm disappointed that it's not really the stand alone game it claims to be, I did like the NEMA robots it contains. I'm thinking about picking up the other sourcebooks, but before I do and possibly get disappointed, can anyone tell me if the other CE books contain more in the way of pre-rifts technology and weaponry?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

if i said yes, i would be lieing to you
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Well with one being called "Creatures of Chaos", I would have to say no.
And the other dealing with Magic... I would also say no.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

The NEMA weaponry is pretty much it in terms of Mega-Damage weapons and armor and stuff. The military would have some as well (there's a little bit of that in Merc Ops), but MD stuff wasn't supremely common. Many civilian vehicles (high-end ones) have very, very light MD bodies, but don't even have MD windows and stuff.

There is an opportunity for more high-tech civilian vehicles and things, but it's not like there's boatloads of other tech that isn't covered.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Someone stole my avatar up there. made me look twice to see if I had posted and forgot. :shock:

Anyway to the topic, you might find a few threads in the forum here concerning other equipment.

Some books you might want to look over:
1. Rifts Mercenaries: the Iron Heart Armaments and Wellington Industries are pre-Rifts IIRC.
2. Rifts Merc Ops: A few more Wellington Industries items, a couple of 'Golden Age Weaponsmiths/GAW' items, and a few odds and ends. This is likely the best book to give you some idea's.
3. Rifts Undersea's: There's a thread already for it, but in short the 'New Navy' stuff.

There are also more complete basic equipment list in a few Rifts books, WB 17 Warlords of Russia, Rifts Ultimate has it and likely the latest GMG.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

bankvault wrote:Ok happy now :P

Rifts: Japan has tech from the golden age
Mutants in Orbit has some Golden Age Tech as well

Yep. :P

Another book is Dino Swamp. Not what you'd expect, but looking over the info for the silo's might help.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

lets see
spirit west has the US military version of the Samas
new West the two samas in area 51 prototypes
underseas new navy.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

[quote="Mech-Viper"]lets see
spirit west has the US military version of the Samas
new West the two samas in area 51 prototypes
underseas new navy.[/quote]

Love me some New Navy. :ok:
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

I'd also consider looking to the Robotech RPG for inspiration for pre-Rifts military equipment.

A lot of the conventional fighters and tanks from the Robotech RPG represent older military tech that doesn't make use of robotechnology, but are still in the low MDC range. Some of those vehicles could stand in as a the missing link between 20th century SDC weapons and vehicles, and cutting edge golden age supertech MDC gear.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Some of the RT stuff works well as bridge designs. You still need new cutting edge designs for the standing front line military.

An Adventurer from RT makes alot more since as a second line fighter then a F-16.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
cirwin08

Unread post by cirwin08 »

Don't forget Triax and NGR book, Wilks, and the gear of the Tundra Rangers.
SycophantNagaraja
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by SycophantNagaraja »

While not canon, Kitsune's website has some excellent write ups for pre-rifts vehicles
http://prophetx.deviantart.com

"You did 264 MD to the guys head, and you think you could capture his helmet intact?" - Killer Cyborg
I just remembered, I forgot the rule of headshots doing x2 damage. That should have been 528MD." -Lord_Coake
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Why don't you just do what I do and make up the pre rifts tech you want? It's not that hard to create something balanced (or munchkin if that's your thang!). For weapons you could refer to Aliens Unlimited weapons section! I've been known to convert a lil sumthin sumthin from time to time :D !
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Morrowcale wrote:Why don't you just do what I do and make up the pre rifts tech you want? It's not that hard to create something balanced (or munchkin if that's your thang!). For weapons you could refer to Aliens Unlimited weapons section! I've been known to convert a lil sumthin sumthin from time to time :D !

I second the Aliens Unlimited listing. The explosive strap gun is a great tool for when the NEMA boys and girls need to haul someone/something in alive. I'd stay away from the freezing weapons unless they came through a Rift with some D-Bees.

Not to toot my own horn, but if some digging is done in this forum, you'll unearth my Guardsman power armor, the more conventionally armored cousin to the Chromium Guardsman/Glitter Boy.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Guardsman PA? I'd be interested to see those stats. Where do I start digging? :?
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Nice, very nice indeed! :D

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”