Few Questions

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

1: I'd have to agree with Fo5's interptretation.

2: Create your own currency for the area, and then either leave the costs the same or change them as you see fit.

3: Danger sense is always on and can be as much of a hinderance as an asset. If they are abusing their powers, use this remedy. Make them sick (some flu or something they can contract from a bug bite, plant poison, etc) and deactivate their power for a session or two and then make it intermitant until you figure they have learned their lesson.

4: Use your discression. But remember, just because they can lift it and pull the trigger, the kick-back on a shotgun or other large weapon is a b****. Also, hand down at least a -5 modifier beacause of poor aiming. Increase that if they try to fire a burst. Increase even more if they try to spray. However, if you feel like having fun, everyonce in a while give them a lucky hit to save the day just for taking a wild chance like that. It's fun and rewarding to a campaign in the long run.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Re: Few Questions

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

Lynx8882 wrote:Ok my group wants me to run an ATB game well my campaign is going to be based in Arizona which has like no cannon material so i'm goin through the books and refreshing myself on the world and a few questions arose

1) under Hypnotic suggestion it says it should be using telepathic speak or verbal communication to accompany it but Animal Psionics can only be used one at a time is this an exception or just a error in wording?

2) the equipment section uses prices based on Cardinas bucks with the distance between where Cardinia is located and Tucson what percentage increase should be applied to costs from the books with items purchased in tucson?

3) since animal psionics cost no ISP and are one at a time with durations what kind of penalties can be applied for those who abuse this rule? (effectively if a pc had only one psi power say danger sense they could always have it on one right after another when the duration is up until sleep is needed)

4) most of the weapons in the world are designed per size level hand size could a say two size level 6 animals use one size level 14-16 shotgun if they worked together?

ill probably have more as they arise thanks in advance for any help

Lynx

1. I'm guessing they allow Telepathic speak for this one because some characters take that rather than human speach.

2. If it's a Cardinian made item I'd increase at least 25%. I don't know what kind of local monitary system you'll be using for the Tucson area, but there will be local made items I assume, for those I'd use something similar to the base Cardinian costs.

3. I'd say they'd have to call it each time they want to use it. Then the player might be more scensable about it. If not, try giving them ISP or a certain number of uses a day.

4. You have to remember just because the gun is bigger doesn't mean the calibre or round is more powerful. A sl 14 guy could carry a .22 built to fit him and a smaller sl could fire it without worry of the recoil, they'd just have to contend witht eh weapons bulk. as for two smaller people firing a large sl gun, I'd let them do it with some modifiers of course.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Lynx8882 wrote:Ok my group wants me to run an ATB game well my campaign is going to be based in Arizona which has like no cannon material so i'm goin through the books and refreshing myself on the world and a few questions arose
Seems to me most of Arizona (certainly the Tucson area) is within the boundaries of La Segunda Pregunta. MotY page 37 states that this nation uses Americorp dollars as it's official currency. RH page 17 says that by the time you reach Bakersfield-by-the-sea prices are about 4x that of Sacramento (apparently equivalent to modern-day prices). I would say in a "big" city in Pregunta, 3-4 times would be fair, with gold reducing that to 1.5 to 2 times normal. I can't find my MotY adventure booklet, but i'm sure it had info on Bucks south of the border...
acreRake
Hero

Lynx8882 wrote:acreRake - I know that its is in the Pergunta Territory but i had the Flagstaff area break off from the Pergunta into its own small nation called Nothern Arizona State (NAS) and Tucson is largly an abandoned city due to the AFB bombing

as for the MotY book they do have conversion prices from Bucks to Pesos but on buck is equal to 800,000 pesos and that seems a bit much

Hmmmm... There weren't conversions from Bucks to Americorp dollars? (turns out one of my players has my copy...) If NAS was smart, they too would rely on the stability of the near-by dollar as their currency. In my own game, they would almost definitely be in the sphere of influence of Armadillo, Texas, but that's another story.

I think prices would depend heavily on what level of technology your country has. If they can make stuff there, then it will cost less than if they have to trade for it or rely on finding/salvaging it. Barter seems far more likely to me for a small wilderness area than having currency at all. Of course, that's far more work/game play but that's why you chose to create your own setting in the first place, right?

As far as starting equipment, i don't think you have to worry too much about costs, but starting the characters with cash might be a bad idea. Just give them stuff they could trade.
acreRake
Hero

Here's another approach i thought of: answering your questions.

Lynx8882 wrote:1) under Hypnotic suggestion it says it should be using telepathic speak or verbal communication to accompany it but Animal Psionics can only be used one at a time is this an exception or just a error in wording?
It's an exception.
2) the equipment section uses prices based on Cardinas bucks with the distance between where Cardinia is located and Tucson what percentage increase should be applied to costs from the books with items purchased in tucson?
5 to 15 times depending on how rare it is.
3) since animal psionics cost no ISP and are one at a time with durations what kind of penalties can be applied for those who abuse this rule? (effectively if a pc had only one psi power say danger sense they could always have it on one right after another when the duration is up until sleep is needed)
Impose a penalty if you like, but i've been playing HU too long to want to limit what a mutant animal is capable of (they need all the help they can get).
4) most of the weapons in the world are designed per size level hand size could a say two size level 6 animals use one size level 14-16 shotgun if they worked together?
Could they use it? Yes. Could they aim it? No. Best thing to do, IMO, is to mount it on something like a vehicle. I just don't see it being very effective. Unless you are playing a more cartoony game... In which case, the psionic thing shouldn't be too much of a problem :D
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Erick had some ideas for the usage of danger sense in this thread.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”